• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

I got to meet Mike Babcock

Rate this topic

At the local college hockey team Saint Cloud State game, and a fan walks up to me and asked who is Red Wings head coach. I look at my friend and was like Mike Babcock.. why? He's like I heard he's here tonight and I look at my friend and was like is this guy for real?

Well during the 2nd intermission I am just looking in the stands for him and sure enough, sitting in section 209.. Mike Babcock! I quick run up to his section and introduce myself, he asked if I went to college at SCSU and I said yes and I asked him when he thinks the lockout will end. He says he plans on it ending around Christmas time. I asked if I can have a picture with him and of course he says yes! :)

post-14927-0-31077700-1354941725_thumb.png

Lighting is a little bad at the arena but I don't care, I got to met him!!! :)

that's awesome.

i've met him a few times through my friend's dad who knows him quite well.

really a nice guy. you would never think that if you only saw him on the bench during wings games lol

Well the job of a coach is to push the players, still remembering when Babs literally wanted to eat the freaking Avs coach alive after the Lidström hit. Wow did he look like a man on a mission.

I used to work at Cabela's...he came in there ALL THE TIME. Pretty much saw him at least once a month. He was even in there the day after they lost game 7 to the Pens. I didn't talk to him that day.

At the local college hockey team Saint Cloud State game, and a fan walks up to me and asked who is Red Wings head coach. I look at my friend and was like Mike Babcock.. why? He's like I heard he's here tonight and I look at my friend and was like is this guy for real?

Well during the 2nd intermission I am just looking in the stands for him and sure enough, sitting in section 209.. Mike Babcock! I quick run up to his section and introduce myself, he asked if I went to college at SCSU and I said yes and I asked him when he thinks the lockout will end. He says he plans on it ending around Christmas time. I asked if I can have a picture with him and of course he says yes! :)

post-14927-0-31077700-1354941725_thumb.png

Lighting is a little bad at the arena but I don't care, I got to met him!!! :)

Was he chewing gum? And did he just stare at people until they gave up their seats for him?

He was at a grocery store near my house yesterday ringing the bell for the salvation army or one of those charities. I did not get to stop by though :(

You should be ashamed... you should have told him you would donate money if he gave you his best scowl :sneaky2:

He was at a grocery store near my house yesterday ringing the bell for the salvation army or one of those charities. I did not get to stop by though :(

Babcock and Ken Holland were pretty cool. I asked Babs if he were going to watch the World Juniors, he was like "O ya I watch it every year."

Guest The Axe

I saw Babs one night at Arbys after a hat trick.

I saw Babs one night at Arbys after a hat trick.