• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

Why no youth injecton

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

It's Goosetave Nyquist's

Ahhh. I have a hard time believing Emmerton wont be in the lineup.

Cleary isn't a center -- that third line role is absolutely Helm's and rightfully so. I don't really prefer Abdelkader at center, but he'll definitey play there on the fourth line over Emmerton. Where's Drew Miller at? I would be stunned if all three of Nyquist, Brunner and Tatar are dressed and playing for the Red Wings right away.

Cleary isn't a center -- that third line role is absolutely Helm's and rightfully so. I don't really prefer Abdelkader at center, but he'll definitey play there on the fourth line over Emmerton. Where's Drew Miller at? I would be stunned if all three of Nyquist, Brunner and Tatar are dressed and playing for the Red Wings right away.

hence why i said "what if at the end of the season it looked like this?"

Why in the world would our roster look anything like that?

cause our player r awesome duh kipwing

Ahhh. I have a hard time believing Emmerton wont be in the lineup.

nice. trying to derail another topic with the same ridiculous point. ur shooting for the stars these days axe keep it up :)

Guest irishock

So Brunner gets top 6 minutes, but Nyquist gets subbed with TooToo ? Don't think so. Nyquist after playing like he is in the AHL, will either be top 6 (especially since Brunner hasn't even played in NA yet) or on the third line.

I'm just plotting Brunner on the top 6 because Babcock hinted that when we first got him, and he and Zetterberg seem to have good chemistry- although not in an A-league.

Nyquist hasn't proven anything yet, I really don't see Miller getting snubbed of a spot and there's no way he's taking out either Cleary, Samuelsson or Bertuzzi off the lineup.

Guest The Axe

It will be;

Nyquist-Dats-Samielsson

Filppula-Zetts-Franzen

Cleary-Helm-Brunner

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo

Bertuzzi, Miller, and Eaves will battle for Brunner and Tootoo's spots.

I'm sure that there are 29 teams who kick themselves constantly for each passing on Datsyuk at least five times and Zetterberg seven times. It really does work both ways.

Exactly. There are so many variables, so many unknows, so many uncontollable factors once you draft outside the top 5, there is a large amount of chance involved. Detroit has done unbelievably well to stay competetive year after year, especially in the cap era when stacking lottery picks has proven the easiest way to success.

Of course, if we want to talk about drafting Keith Primeau ahead of Jaromir Jagr, thats a legitimate debate to have ;)

Guest Crymson

It will be;

Nyquist-Dats-Samielsson

Filppula-Zetts-Franzen

Cleary-Helm-Brunner

Are you sure you aren't a troll?

It will be;

Nyquist-Dats-Samielsson

Filppula-Zetts-Franzen

Cleary-Helm-Brunner

You're just derailing every thread you possibly can at this point. Emmerton is the most expendable. I'd like to see him traded for a legitimate 4th line center. Kyle Chipchura comes to mind.

Guest The Axe

You're just derailing every thread you possibly can at this point. Emmerton is the most expendable. I'd like to see him traded for a legitimate 4th line center. Kyle Chipchura comes to mind.

I guess you have all the answers huh?

I guess you have all the answers huh?

You're finally catching on. How about we compare these 4th line centers:

Kyle Chipchura-16 points in 53 games. Physical, but very disciplined.

Cory Emmerton-10 points 71 games. As said before, he's fast, but he isn't physical at all and doesn't provide a whole hell of a lot offensively.

Not sure what it would take for Phoenix to send him here, but it needs to happen.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Nyquist-Filppula-Samuelsson

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Kronwall-White

Quincey-Smith

Ericsson-Colaiacovo

I'd rather see Abdelkader at the wing.

You'd have to think with the way Z and Brunner have been playing that Babcock will at least give that pair a shot, assuming there's a shortened season.

Samuelson - Datsyuk - Franzen

Filpulla - Z - Brunner

Nyquist - Helm - Cleary

Bertuzzi - Abby - Tootoo

But, of course, Brunner and Nyquist will be on a short leash, and with potential injuries, Miller, Emmerton, and Mursak (and Andersson and Tatar) will all be lined up to take a roster space.

Plus, with a condensed schedule, I can see Babcock subbing lots of guys, to keep the legs fresh and the compete level high.

You'd have to think with the way Z and Brunner have been playing that Babcock will at least give that pair a shot, assuming there's a shortened season.

Samuelson - Datsyuk - Franzen

Filpulla - Z - Brunner

Nyquist - Helm - Cleary

Bertuzzi - Abby - Tootoo

But, of course, Brunner and Nyquist will be on a short leash, and with potential injuries, Miller, Emmerton, and Mursak (and Andersson and Tatar) will all be lined up to take a roster space.

Plus, with a condensed schedule, I can see Babcock subbing lots of guys, to keep the legs fresh and the compete level high.

I should've listed the extra forwards. Yeah, I think Brunner will see some time as an experiment with Zetterberg. Obviously, at least one of Mursak, Miller, Emmerton, and Eaves has to go. We simply have too many forwards right now. But yes, I see a lot of alternating going on, as well.

I'm not at all confident we're gonna see hockey this year, however.

Guest The Axe

You're finally catching on. How about we compare these 4th line centers:

Kyle Chipchura-16 points in 53 games. Physical, but very disciplined.

Cory Emmerton-10 points 71 games. As said before, he's fast, but he isn't physical at all and doesn't provide a whole hell of a lot offensively.

Not sure what it would take for Phoenix to send him here, but it needs to happen.

Lets compare these 1st line wingers:

Steven Stamkos- 57 goals, 98 points in 79 games.

Johan Franzen- 25 goals, 49 points in 73 games.

Not sure what it takes for Tampa to send him here, but it needs to happen.

What a bad argument. Emmerton is a Red Wing and is developing. Hes played ONE year. Be patient.

What a bad argument. Emmerton is a Red Wing and is developing. Hes played ONE year. Be patient.

:lol:

Coming from the queen of bad arguments. Its okay, Cory. You probably won't get traded, anyway. Kenny loves his soft 4th liners. Don't expect to play in front of Tootoo, though.

Why don't we just trade our super-star Cory Emmerton for him? E-dog is pretty much still a prospect at the baby age of 24, and like you said has so much more developing to do. Could turn out to be a hall of famer! Why wouldn't Tampa want him? Giterdone Kenneth!

Guest The Axe

Why don't we just trade our super-star Cory Emmerton for him? E-dog is pretty much still a prospect at the baby age of 24, and like you said has so much more developing to do. Could turn out to be a hall of famer! Why wouldn't Tampa want him? Giterdone Kenneth!

Now you're being ridiculous. But I like how you're coming around to liking the E ticket!

:lol:

Coming from the queen of bad arguments. Its okay, Cory. You probably won't get traded, anyway. Kenny loves his soft 4th liners. Don't expect to play in front of Tootoo, though.

Ken Holland loves soft fourth liners huh? You mean like Dallas Drake, Aaron Downie, Brad May, Joey Kocur, Darren McCarty, Kirk Maltby, and Kris Draper? That soft, or softer?

Guest The Axe

Ken Holland loves soft fourth liners huh? You mean like Dallas Drake, Aaron Downie, Brad May, Joey Kocur, Darren McCarty, Kirk Maltby, and Kris Draper? That soft, or softer?

Exactly. Emmerton is the LEAST of the Wings issues. But everyone acts like we gotta shore up forwards 10, 11, and 12 to be good again. WRONG!

No, I mean like Mark Mowers, Josh Langfeld, Cory Emmerton, Mark Hartigan, Mattias Ritola, and Kyle Calder.