10 replies to this topic

#1 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Edit: apparently I'm retarded at embedding tweets

Woooooo. Glad this kid is performing well and will get to play among the other high caliber prospects. I haven't heard of any other wing prospects making WJC rosters yet besides him.

Edited by number9, 13 December 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#2 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Jake Patterson made the cut and will attend as one of three goalies.

Ryan Sproul was one of the final cuts this evening on a very deep defense and he could have just as easily made it, so good for him. Which makes Oullett's inclusion as a lock in the top four quite impressive. Exciting.

2011 was a good drafting year for the Wings, picking up both Oullett and Sproul in the second round.

Edited by rick zombo, 13 December 2012 - 08:08 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#3 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Jake Patterson made the cut and will attend as one of three goalies.

Ryan Sproul was one of the final cuts this evening on a very deep defense and he could have just as easily made it, so good for him. Which makes Oullett's inclusion as a lock in the top four quite impressive. Exciting.

2011 was a good drafting year for the Wings, picking up both Oullett and Sproul in the second round.

Patty made it? Veryyyyy nice. He was my favorite goalie going into the draft last year (his numbers don't display his true talent) and I couldn't believe it when the wings drafted him. Thought fersure he was going to go in the 2nd round.

#4 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

dumba didnt even make it... hahaha wild prospect...

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#5 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

dumba didnt even make it... hahaha wild prospect...

Getting cut from Team Canada is not really an insult, especially during a lock-out/strike season. The list of players cut in the last few few years includes Tyler Seguin, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Matt Duchene and Brendan Smith.

Congrats also to Martin Frk on making the Czech team. Should be an awesome tournament!

#6 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Not to take away from his accomplishment, but I think a big part of Patty making it is him being the only eligible goalie for next year. He'll benefit from the experience.

#7 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Getting cut from Team Canada is not really an insult, especially during a lock-out/strike season. The list of players cut in the last few few years includes Tyler Seguin, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Matt Duchene and Brendan Smith.

Congrats also to Martin Frk on making the Czech team. Should be an awesome tournament!

There's been debate in this forum not that long ago about how much better the Wild's prospect are than Detroit's. I think that's Dirty's point maybe.

But the fact that Detroit have two players on the team speak volumes about the organizations ability to make the most out of weak drafting positions. How many Islanders and Blue Jackets or Oilers prospects made the team?

Not to take away from his accomplishment, but I think a big part of Patty making it is him being the only eligible goalie for next year. He'll benefit from the experience.

Agreed. I doubt he'll play much. But if he was picked to be groomed for next year's team then that is something to be excited about.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#8 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

I can't remember the last time the Red Wings had a prospect on team Canada at the world juniors. Despite it being in Russia this year and I will have to wake up at 4:30, it should be awesome having players on team Canada to cheer for and not have to watch Finland/Sweden/USA/Czech to follow the Red Wing prospects.

#9 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

I can't remember the last time the Red Wings had a prospect on team Canada at the world juniors. Despite it being in Russia this year and I will have to wake up at 4:30, it should be awesome having players on team Canada to cheer for and not have to watch Finland/Sweden/USA/Czech to follow the Red Wing prospects.

I believe it was Helm.... IIRC... but maybe there was one more after that

Edit: Helm made it in 2007, and Logan Pyatt in 2008...

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 15 December 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#10 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'm still kinda shocked that both Jonathan Drouin and Nathan MacKinnon made the team as 17 year olds. I see them play almost every night and theres no doubt they deserve it but in a lock-out year its very surprising.

MacKinnon gets all the press (And rightfully so) but keep an eye on Drouin. The kid is slick as snot on a doorknob.

#11 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ouellet scored the first goal in Canada's 9-3 win over the German's today. It was a bounce off a defenseman's foot, but still nice to see him score and finally a Wings prospect playing for Canada.

Drouin looks more impressive than MacKinnon to me. He's scored in the last two games, including a beauty against the swedes in the pretourney.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi