• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

WJC: Xavier Ouellet Makes Team Canada

Rate this topic

Edit: apparently I'm retarded at embedding tweets

Woooooo. Glad this kid is performing well and will get to play among the other high caliber prospects. I haven't heard of any other wing prospects making WJC rosters yet besides him.

Edited by number9

Jake Patterson made the cut and will attend as one of three goalies.

Ryan Sproul was one of the final cuts this evening on a very deep defense and he could have just as easily made it, so good for him. Which makes Oullett's inclusion as a lock in the top four quite impressive. Exciting.

2011 was a good drafting year for the Wings, picking up both Oullett and Sproul in the second round.

Edited by rick zombo

Jake Patterson made the cut and will attend as one of three goalies.

Ryan Sproul was one of the final cuts this evening on a very deep defense and he could have just as easily made it, so good for him. Which makes Oullett's inclusion as a lock in the top four quite impressive. Exciting.

2011 was a good drafting year for the Wings, picking up both Oullett and Sproul in the second round.

Patty made it? Veryyyyy nice. He was my favorite goalie going into the draft last year (his numbers don't display his true talent) and I couldn't believe it when the wings drafted him. Thought fersure he was going to go in the 2nd round.

dumba didnt even make it... hahaha wild prospect...

Getting cut from Team Canada is not really an insult, especially during a lock-out/strike season. The list of players cut in the last few few years includes Tyler Seguin, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Matt Duchene and Brendan Smith.

Congrats also to Martin Frk on making the Czech team. Should be an awesome tournament!

Getting cut from Team Canada is not really an insult, especially during a lock-out/strike season. The list of players cut in the last few few years includes Tyler Seguin, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Matt Duchene and Brendan Smith.

Congrats also to Martin Frk on making the Czech team. Should be an awesome tournament!

There's been debate in this forum not that long ago about how much better the Wild's prospect are than Detroit's. I think that's Dirty's point maybe.

But the fact that Detroit have two players on the team speak volumes about the organizations ability to make the most out of weak drafting positions. How many Islanders and Blue Jackets or Oilers prospects made the team?

Not to take away from his accomplishment, but I think a big part of Patty making it is him being the only eligible goalie for next year. He'll benefit from the experience.

Agreed. I doubt he'll play much. But if he was picked to be groomed for next year's team then that is something to be excited about.

I can't remember the last time the Red Wings had a prospect on team Canada at the world juniors. Despite it being in Russia this year and I will have to wake up at 4:30, it should be awesome having players on team Canada to cheer for and not have to watch Finland/Sweden/USA/Czech to follow the Red Wing prospects.

I can't remember the last time the Red Wings had a prospect on team Canada at the world juniors. Despite it being in Russia this year and I will have to wake up at 4:30, it should be awesome having players on team Canada to cheer for and not have to watch Finland/Sweden/USA/Czech to follow the Red Wing prospects.

I believe it was Helm.... IIRC... but maybe there was one more after that

Edit: Helm made it in 2007, and Logan Pyatt in 2008...

Edited by Crashnburnluder

I'm still kinda shocked that both Jonathan Drouin and Nathan MacKinnon made the team as 17 year olds. I see them play almost every night and theres no doubt they deserve it but in a lock-out year its very surprising.

MacKinnon gets all the press (And rightfully so) but keep an eye on Drouin. The kid is slick as snot on a doorknob.

Ouellet scored the first goal in Canada's 9-3 win over the German's today. It was a bounce off a defenseman's foot, but still nice to see him score and finally a Wings prospect playing for Canada.

Drouin looks more impressive than MacKinnon to me. He's scored in the last two games, including a beauty against the swedes in the pretourney.