• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Linus Omark

Rate this topic

Chris Nichols, via twitter, has said that Omark may be on the trading block and that Detroit may be interested. I'm not a huge fan of Omark but he has shown chemistry with Z and Brunner. However I can't see Kenny chasing another soft forward right now when we have so many. Thoughts?

Guest Crymson

The team doesn't need another forward, and Omark wasn't able to even crack the Oilers' roster. No thanks.

Guest The Axe

I don't know if I can handle another soft, underachieving forward. If it was all up to me, this is what we would look like:

Tanguay-Kessel-Huselius

Leino-Bouchard-Hudler

Tlusty-Miettinen-Kulemin

Wellwood-Emmerton-Dvorak

Corvo-Kaberle

Martin-Bouwmeester

Lebda-Kuba

Portland Pillows

The team doesn't need another forward, and Omark wasn't able to even crack the Oilers' roster. No thanks.

I dont understand why people here keep saying this. For the right deal of course its a good idea to pick him up, he's still young and very talented. Having too many talented forwards is not a bad problem to have. That allows the team to make deals to strengthen other areas.

Edited by up2here

Guest Crymson

I dont understand why people here keep saying this. For the right deal of course its a good idea to pick him up, he's still young and very talented. Having too many talented forwards is not a bad problem to have. That allows the team to make deals to strengthen other areas.

The guy isn't good enough to play in the NHL, and he's not interested in playing in the AHL. That's why he's overseas now. I do not see why acquiring him would help in any way. How could he help the team make other deals? Whom could he replace on the Wings if he's not good enough to make the NHL roster of a mediocre team like the Oilers?

Tom Renney was his coach in Edmonton. Tom Renney is now our assistant coach. Tom Renney hated Linus Omark and thought that he was lazy and entitled. No way the Red Wings slap their new coach in the face by doing that against what is certain to be his advice to the contrary.

Tom Renney was his coach in Edmonton. Tom Renney is now our assistant coach. Tom Renney hated Linus Omark and thought that he was lazy and entitled. No way the Red Wings slap their new coach in the face by doing that against what is certain to be his advice to the contrary.

Wow I totally forgot Renney was with Detroit now! This lockout needs to end

Guest The Axe

I'd trade Emmerton for Omark straight up....

Maybe. Both have a lot of upside but need to show it.

The guy isn't good enough to play in the NHL, and he's not interested in playing in the AHL. That's why he's overseas now. I do not see why acquiring him would help in any way. How could he help the team make other deals? Whom could he replace on the Wings if he's not good enough to make the NHL roster of a mediocre team like the Oilers?

How do you know hes not good enough to play in the NHL? People would have said the same thing about Dan Cleary a few years back. It takes players time to mature, some more than others. I beleive its especially true for European players as they not only have to adjust to a new league, new ice surface etc. but they also have to adjust to a whole new continent and lifestyle.

If Omark has turned his game around and becomes a top forward then the Wings could trade one of their current forwards to add someone from another area of need. My whole point is that if you can get him without giving up to much then whats the harm?

Guest The Axe

How do you know hes not good enough to play in the NHL? People would have said the same thing about Dan Cleary a few years back. It takes players time to mature, some more than others. I beleive its especially true for European players as they not only have to adjust to a new league, new ice surface etc. but they also have to adjust to a whole new continent and lifestyle.

If Omark has turned his game around and becomes a top forward then the Wings could trade one of their current forwards to add someone from another area of need. My whole point is that if you can get him without giving up to much then whats the harm?

Wings are soft euro top heavy. Thats the only problem. The Kings could use a soft euro.

Wings are soft euro top heavy. Thats the only problem. The Kings could use a soft euro.

You deal with that later. If he works out then youve just found a steal. If he doesnt then let him walk. I think the chemistry he has shown with Z and Brunner alone makes it worth the shot.

Guest Johnz96

Unless he is a power forward who can kick ass, the Wings don't need yet another forward

Guest Johnz96

link?

Guest The Axe

What would be the harm if the Wings could acquire him for cheap considering the chemistry he has with the other two?

Another 1st round exit???