• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Between Lockouts Quiz

Rate this topic

Really cool quiz I found online. How many players can you name that played from 2005/06 to 2011/2012?

Here is Detroit's quiz:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Andyheim/detroits-between-lockouts-players

There are quizzes for several other NHL teams. The guy that is posting them seems to be adding a new team every day, so all teams should have quizzes posted soon.

For the Wings, I got 61/76 on my first try. Off the top of my head.

No cheating, folks :P

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest irishock

I actually forgot about Hudler as well, but remembered freakin' Markov who started on the first defensive pairing with Saint Nick in the freaking 2007 WCF.

Very cool. How is it that I remembered Stafford and forgot Kindl?

I was really freaking out until I had 6 minutes left and realized that I had no goalies. I lost a lot of time recalling names from before the lockout, and couldn't spell Woolley right to save my life.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought that we had to put the names in the right blanks.

Thanks for posting!

51/76, forgot a lot of easy ones. Lang, Markov, Lebda, Lilja, Modano. Damn.

I would prefer to forget Lebda but I didn't. I somehow got Cory Cross too but whiffed on the big red 'fro that is Mike Commodore. My major misses where Brad May & Mike Modano. 59/76 for me.

Got 52, missed Lang, May, Conklin but perhaps most embaressing I couldn't spell Filippula correctly in 20 minutes, not even convinced I spelt it right there!

Valtteri Filppula is easy to spell. Just remember: Each has 8 letters, a consonant, a vowel, a single consonant, a double consonant, a vowel, another consonant, and another vowel.

If that's too much, just remember that the middle 2 letters are doubled in each, and neither has a double L.

I would prefer to forget Lebda but I didn't. I somehow got Cory Cross too but whiffed on the big red 'fro that is Mike Commodore. My major misses where Brad May & Mike Modano. 59/76 for me.

lol..I got Cory Cross too! Why, I don't know! Its funny that you remember randoms and miss on huge guys that impacted the team!

Valtteri Filppula is easy to spell. Just remember: Each has 8 letters, a consonant, a vowel, a single consonant, a double consonant, a vowel, another consonant, and another vowel.

If that's too much, just remember that the middle 2 letters are doubled in each, and neither has a double L.

Haha, thanks for that! I'm a bit slow so it might take me a few tries to remember that!

lol..I got Cory Cross too! Why, I don't know! Its funny that you remember randoms and miss on huge guys that impacted the team!

I forgot how to post videos here, but Cory Cross's dismantling of Steve Ott is one of the greatest pugilistic moments in modern Red Wings history. I couldn't forget him for that.

How many people got Matt Hussey? lol

I did!

I remembered the Ellis/Hussey/Langfeld line. One of my favorite lines ever for comical reasons.

Got 65 out of 76...

missed: Ellis, Mowers, Langfeld, Hartigan, SMITH, Ritola, Bootland, Norton, Hussey, Newbury & Stafford. Nearly forgot about Markov and Leino....WTF when did Mark Mowers play 46 games? Did I miss a season or two? For some reason I remembered Don MacLean...maybe the name MacLean popped in my head because of Paul MacLan, but it was there! LOL!

Edited by LeftWinger

I got 61. Somehow the one big name I missed was Bertuzzi. Tried to go through each jersey number in my mind. I guess Mark Mowers in 44 was so memorable it made me forget Bert.

only "only one game" in those 6 years....I got it- who else?

PS I missed Dan Cleary all together...lol...how does that happen?

He was forgettable when he was here too!

Riley Sheahan was the one gamer. I got it because it happened recently thankfully.

Edited by GoWings1905