• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Who takes Hudler's shootout spot?

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

We know Datsyuk and Bertuzzi are #1 and #3 fixtures for the shootout, but now that Hudler's gone who's taking #2? Zetterberg again? Perhaps Brunner?

I think Z should definitely get a look again. He doesn't have the best shootout numbers, but he has an insane backhand.

Filppula obviously has a good chance at it, and I'd love to see either Brunner or Nyquist get some looks on the shootout, especially if it goes beyond 3 rounds.

Kronwall

Kronwall is actually handy in the shootout. I remember watching a game against the Wild a couple years ago when the shootout went seven or eight rounds and Kronwall finished it for Detroit. It was pretty sweet.

Edited by kipwinger

I absolutely hated Huds' tendency to just shoot the puck. He did have a knack for coming through more than not though. And I saw his Forsberg winner in person.

I really don't know who Babs would choose. I would say Z, just because it makes sense.

LOL @ Patty

Guest RedWingsDad

You would think Franzen would at least get a look. I'm not advocating for him don't get me wrong... just raising the option.

You would think Franzen would at least get a look. I'm not advocating for him don't get me wrong... just raising the option.

Hockey seems like such a distant memory that I can't recall, but was he used in the shootout much? or at all?

Because you're right, you'd think he'd be a candidate. Great shot, good hands.

Hockey seems like such a distant memory that I can't recall, but was he used in the shootout much? or at all?

Because you're right, you'd think he'd be a candidate. Great shot, good hands.

After playing a whole game, and an overtime.

A long skate from center ice to the goal might be too much work for him.

Not a big Franzen guy, but I feel like the shootout would be right up his alley as well. His hands are sick and he probably has the best wrist shot on the team.

He could stay engaged and interested for that brief skate and attempt, right?

Given Huds' tendecy to find the logo more often than not, could his best "replacement" be Samuelsson?

I laughed. This thread is more humorous than anything.

Edited by GoWings1905

I like Filppula in the shootout, he's slick with the puck. But honestly I prefer him in the 4 or 5 spot in case one of either Datsyuk or Bertuzzi misses. Having one more guy back is always good in case something goes wrong. You don't really want to front load it because if you tie after three you've got nobody left.

Guest irishock

Actually Brunner would be a great choice since he's right handed and has the ability to beat goaltenders 1 on 1. it's whether or not he can play in an NA rink that is the problem.