• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Who takes Hudler's shootout spot?

Rate this topic

Hudler's replacement?

Me? Snoopy? John C. Reilly? Lincoln's Remains? Doesn't matter.

May as well be talking about who gets the penthouse suite on the Titanic.

Enough. Give me some godddammmhockeydammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could get behind some Dr. Steve Brule in a shootout

DrSteveBrule.jpg

IIRC, he called that 'The Datsyuk'.

You are correct.

As it turns out, Giroux calls it something else entirely.

“The Datsyuk,” he said, referring to Pavel Datsyuk, the Red Wings’ center he idolized as a child. “I saw him do it a couple times, and he’s got some pretty sick moves. I saw him do it, and I’ve been working on it since I’m younger.”

Guest RedWingsDad

Linus Omark. I read he's pretty handy in the shootout.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Guest Crymson

I absolutely hated Huds' tendency to just shoot the puck. He did have a knack for coming through more than not though.

Hudler shot 25%. Of all players with at least 10 shootout attempts, only one player (Pacioretty) had a worse shooting percentage than he did.

I like Filppula in the shootout, he's slick with the puck. But honestly I prefer him in the 4 or 5 spot in case one of either Datsyuk or Bertuzzi misses. Having one more guy back is always good in case something goes wrong. You don't really want to front load it because if you tie after three you've got nobody left.

That logic makes no sense, if he is indeed our 3rd best shooter then we will lose some games we never had to by putting him in the 5 spot. Putting your 3 best shooters in the first 3 spots gives your team the best chance to win.

Guest Crymson

i think the boards forgot we have sammy.

it will probably be sammy

You're being very arbitrary. Babcock used Samuelsson in the shootout a total of three times in the latter's four seasons in Detroit.

Hudler shot 25%. Of all players with at least 10 shootout attempts, only one player (Pacioretty) had a worse shooting percentage than he did.

Not sure where you got those stats, but that's wrong. 32.4% in his career. Middle of the pack.

That logic makes no sense, if he is indeed our 3rd best shooter then we will lose some games we never had to by putting him in the 5 spot. Putting your 3 best shooters in the first 3 spots gives your team the best chance to win.

Maybe, but not necessarily. There's all sorts of strategy involved. Perhaps you want to use Datsyuk, then a shooter, and then Bert to keep the goalie guessing. Flip doesn't really have a shot to speak of so while he might have better moves than Hudler or whoever else, he might still be kept back. Or as I said before, if you're anticipating that both goalies are going to man up and make at least one save, then you'd better have an option left after the first three. Having at least one back means your chances of winning don't dramatically decrease if someone misses in the first three rounds. And given that these are professional goalies, the likelihood that your first three shooters all score is pretty small.

Not sure where you got those stats, but that's wrong. 32.4% in his career. Middle of the pack.

Speaking of, where did you find that stat? I wanted to look up Filppula's career shootout stats and couldn't find it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Edited by kipwinger

If it was up to me, here would be the top 5:

Dats

Bert

Fil

Brunner

Z

I know we havent seen a ton of Brunner, but the guy has got some juicy dangles and a sweet shot!

I do not want Sammy in the shoot out....(I was going to say even more than I dont want him on the point on the powerplay, but thats wrong...I REALLY dont want him playing the point on the PP)

Guest Crymson

Last year was 25%. 3/12 in any single season is horrific.

Guest Crymson

first one should look familiar.... even bar downed it ;)

edit: how do i embed videos? sorry, haven't done it before..

... Linus Omark and his one impressive NHL shootout goal, which wasn't all that impressive. The first one wasn't in the NHL, and the second was NOT a notable goal. Those who think that it was great are apparently spellbound by spin-o-ramas even when they have no bearing on a play. Omark could have done that move on his way to the shootout dot and it would have had as much impact on the play, namely none.

Guest RedWingsDad

... Linus Omark and his one impressive NHL shootout goal, which wasn't all that impressive. The first one wasn't in the NHL, and the second was NOT a notable goal. Those who think that it was great are apparently spellbound by spin-o-ramas even when they have no bearing on a play. Omark could have done that move on his way to the shootout dot and it would have had as much impact on the play, namely none.

All that side, if he was on the team I think he would be given a look for a shootout spot.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Guest The Axe

All that side, if he was on the team I think he would be given a look for a shootout spot.

He's pretty flashy. I will give him that.