• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Players That Never Played in Detroit

Rate this topic

Ray Bourque, without a doubt. Imagine a 1-2 of Lidstrom and Bourque in '00-'01.

IIRC, the Wings were on a short-list of teams for Boston to trade Bourque to.

Not counting enforcers (which would be 95% of my list), I'll name a few.

Bure

Belfour

Price

Bure is my favorite non-Wing ever, and like many Wings fans, I often fantasize about other teams' goalies playing for us. ;)/>

Bure was unbelievable. One enforcer I always wanted in Detroit was Scott Parker. I wish Mark Recchi played here, too.

Guest irishock

Won't fit your criteria, but prime 2001-2004 Todd ***'en Bertuzzi for me. Arguably the best forward in the league during those years, he could do anything on the ice you asked for. Absolute freight train in front of the net, nasty slap/wrist shots, good defensively and can skate 25 minutes a night for the entire season.

We'd have more than 2 cups during 2002-2008 if Colorado didn't have be such ******* and we find a way to get him. Prime Bert with Datsyuk and Zetterberg would have been incredible to watch, maybe all 3 could've exceeded 100 points in 2008 for Christ sakes.

Edited by irishock

I'll also go with the list minus tough guys disclaimer.

With that said:

Pavel Bure

Scott Stevens

Cam Neely

Ray Bourque

Mats Sundin

Joe Juneau

Al MacInnis

Al Iafrate

Teemu Selanne

just to name a few...

Edited by stevkrause

Won't fit your criteria, but prime 2001-2004 Todd ***'en Bertuzzi for me. Arguably the best forward in the league during those years, he could do anything on the ice you asked for. Absolute freight train in front of the net, nasty slap/wrist shots, good defensively and can skate 25 minutes a night for the entire season.

We'd have more than 2 cups during 2002-2008 if Colorado didn't have be such ******* and we find a way to get him. Prime Bert with Datsyuk and Zetterberg would have been incredible to watch, maybe all 3 could've exceeded 100 points in 2008 for Christ sakes.

It would be nice if Franzen realized he has all the tools to be a prime Bertuzzi...

Guest irishock

It would be nice if Franzen realized he has all the tools to be a prime Bertuzzi...

Franzen has good hands and a decent skater, but Bert had THE hands and the skating ability at 6'4 250-ish.

Guest The Axe

Anything to change the course of our history so that we don't become the pansy-ass patty-cake playmakers club that we are today. Did we learn nothing from the latter half of the 90s?

The PAPCPMC?

Anything to change the course of our history so that we don't become the pansy-ass patty-cake playmakers club that we are today. Did we learn nothing from the latter half of the 90s?

Ugh. It's times like these that I wish for a 'dislike' option. I can't fully express how much I dislike the above post.

Mine would be Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.

Actually, I would also have said Wendel Clark and Ulf Samuelsson, but well... they don't technically meet the criteria.

Edited by barabbas16

And that conversation ends here, please. This is a thread about players you would have liked to play for the Wings, not who's tougher, what Cup team was the best, not whether we need an enforcer or not or whether Hank has dreamy eyes. Let's keep it on topic, okay?

:hysterical: The only way Franzine becomes a prime Bertuzzi is when he plays NHL 2004.

Personally, I would have wanted to see JR circa 2001.

Would have possibly been nice to see Gretzky realize his childhood dream of playing for the Wings before he retired, but the Wings were already stacked at that time and had no room for him! FRK me!

I also would have loved it if Detroit was allowed to draft Bure! They would have had Fedorov AND Bure at the same time! Conspiracy I say!

Keith Tkachuk in his prime also comes to mind! So does Marty Broduer, Doug Weight, Sergei Zubov, Craig Conroy, Peter Bondra, Bill Geurin, BObby Holik, Adam Deadmarsh, Tie Domi, Rob Blake....and out of criteria, but I really wish Adam Graves got to stay here longer! (although in a weird way he got us Brendan Shanahan via Jimmy Carson via Paul Coffey...)