• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Players That Never Played in Detroit

Rate this topic

Patrick Roy - when I think of how little Montreal wanted for him, and what we would have achieved with him in net..... :( Having said that, if we got Roy, then there would have been no Avs/Wings rivalry to remember.

Mark Recchi. Always seemed like a classy guy and such a skillful player, he would have fit right into the Wings system.

Raimo Helminen. My favourite player of all-time, hands down. Easily had the talent to have a successful NHL career (40 points in 66 games in his rookie season) but his back problems eventually got in the way of things. He was with Rags and Isles but the time just wasn't right for him.

Another player like that is Jarkko Immonen. A typical center like Helminen was, but it may be that we'll never know how he would do in the big league. That's the downside of the KHL.

Edited by Finnish Wing

It's uncanny for me that so many people immediately said Paver Bure. I became interested in and fascinated by the NHL when I was 10 and got hooked on NHL 2000. I chose Detroit as my team purely because I loved their jersey, but Pavel Bure was my favorite player, only because I loved his name and the way he looked. Since then whenever a new NHL game came out, the first thing I did was that I traded him to Detroit and put him on a line with Yzerman and Fedorov. It was always a dream of mine that it would happen in real life. There was no rhyme or reason behind it, maybe just that Russians and the Red Wings went along so nicely. Anyway, it's nice to know I wasn't alone.

Funny thing about the Wings almost drafting Bure is, could you imagine the Kournikova drama in the dressing room? Yikes!

On the other hand, could you imagine (all due respect to Slava Kozlov) a Russian five of Bure - Larinov - Fedorov - Konstantinov - Fetisov....

People talking about wanting Bertuzzi in his prime might not want to read this.

Todd Bertuzzi was drafted 23rd overall in the 1993 Entry Draft by the New York Islanders. Guess which team held the #22 pick? That's right, the Detroit Red Wings. And who did they select with that 22nd pick? Anders Eriksson!

Talk about a missed opportunity...

People talking about wanting Bertuzzi in his prime might not want to read this.

Todd Bertuzzi was drafted 23rd overall in the 1993 Entry Draft by the New York Islanders. Guess which team held the #22 pick? That's right, the Detroit Red Wings. And who did they select with that 22nd pick? Anders Eriksson!

Talk about a missed opportunity...

Eriksson won us the Cup in 98. How many Cups has Bertuzzi won for us?

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2336980" data-time="1356745371"><p>

<br />

Eriksson won us the Cup in 98. How many Cups has Bertuzzi won for us? </p></blockquote>

I dont know if I'd go that far!!

Eriksson won us the Cup in 98. How many Cups has Bertuzzi won for us?

What are you talking about? Eriksson had 5 points in the '98 run, and they were all assists. Marty LaPointe had the Cup winning goal that year.

I believe the point GMR was trying to make by saying Ericsson won us the cup was that Ericsson was on the team that won the cup. So far, we have yet to win a cup with Bertuzzi on the team.

Obviously he doesn't mean we won because of the sole effort of Ericsson. This is too funny though, to read peoples reactions to that.

EDIT: I have always wanted to see Mats Sundin or Markus Naslund wearing a Wings jersey.

Edited by Adidarw

The list is heavily skewed towards guys I've wanted in the last few years. I'm sure there's many more.

Pavel Bure

Jamal Mayers

Teemu Selanne

Martin Brodeur - largely because I got sick of the goalie carousel in Detroit, though I've liked him less over the years. But he's a great goalie and a workhorse.

Chris Pronger

You heard me. Chris mother f-in Pronger. A top pairing of Lidstrom and Pronger? Who wouldn't want that?

The list is heavily skewed towards guys I've wanted in the last few years. I'm sure there's many more.

Pavel Bure

Jamal Mayers

Teemu Selanne

Martin Brodeur - largely because I got sick of the goalie carousel in Detroit, though I've liked him less over the years. But he's a great goalie and a workhorse.

Chris Pronger

You heard me. Chris mother f-in Pronger. A top pairing of Lidstrom and Pronger? Who wouldn't want that?

What he said.