• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Peter Forsberg, Chris Pronger, Scott Niedermayer, and Shea Weber. Maybe Pekka Rinne. To be honest, right now, two of the guys I'd want on our team the most are Datsyuk and Kronwall...check.

#22 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Stevens
Mogilny
Khabibulan
Lindros
Jagr
Nolan
Forsberg
Sakic
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#23 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Anything to change the course of our history so that we don't become the pansy-ass patty-cake playmakers club that we are today. Did we learn nothing from the latter half of the 90s?

Ugh. It's times like these that I wish for a 'dislike' option. I can't fully express how much I dislike the above post.

Mine would be Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.

Actually, I would also have said Wendel Clark and Ulf Samuelsson, but well... they don't technically meet the criteria.

Edited by barabbas16, 23 December 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#24 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Ugh. It's time like these that I wish for a 'dislike' option. I can't fully express how much I dislike the above post.

Mine would be Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.

Actually, I would also have said Wendel Clark and Ulf Samuelsson, but well... they don't technically meet the criteria.

Not trying to start a pissing match with you, or anyone else here at LGW...But it's gotta be said...I'd take our Cup teams from 1997, and 1998 any day over our 2008.

Our Cup teams from the 90's would tear our 2008 team a new A-hole.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#25 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

And that conversation ends here, please. This is a thread about players you would have liked to play for the Wings, not who's tougher, what Cup team was the best, not whether we need an enforcer or not or whether Hank has dreamy eyes. Let's keep it on topic, okay?
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#26 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

It would be nice if Franzen realized he has all the tools to be a prime Bertuzzi...

:hysterical: The only way Franzine becomes a prime Bertuzzi is when he plays NHL 2004.

Personally, I would have wanted to see JR circa 2001.

Would have possibly been nice to see Gretzky realize his childhood dream of playing for the Wings before he retired, but the Wings were already stacked at that time and had no room for him! FRK me!

I also would have loved it if Detroit was allowed to draft Bure! They would have had Fedorov AND Bure at the same time! Conspiracy I say!

Keith Tkachuk in his prime also comes to mind! So does Marty Broduer, Doug Weight, Sergei Zubov, Craig Conroy, Peter Bondra, Bill Geurin, BObby Holik, Adam Deadmarsh, Tie Domi, Rob Blake....and out of criteria, but I really wish Adam Graves got to stay here longer! (although in a weird way he got us Brendan Shanahan via Jimmy Carson via Paul Coffey...)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#27 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Pavel Bure
Gary Roberts
Scott Stevens
Mark Recchi
Shayne Corson
Ron Francis
Owen Nolan
Sergei Zubov
Ken Daneyko
Tie Domi
Scott Parker
Eric Godard

Teemu Selanne, too. He's not technically retired yet, but his future is up in the air.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#28 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

I'm gonna go a bit off the board and say John LeClair...his prime years in Philly were pretty good
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#29 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Patrick Roy - when I think of how little Montreal wanted for him, and what we would have achieved with him in net..... :( Having said that, if we got Roy, then there would have been no Avs/Wings rivalry to remember.

Mark Recchi. Always seemed like a classy guy and such a skillful player, he would have fit right into the Wings system.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#30 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Sergei Berezin
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#31 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

How about the rest of the KLM line, Vladimir Krutov & Sergei Makarov, joining The Professor & in their prime to boot?

#32 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Forsberg
Jagr
Stevens
Pronger
Bure
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#33 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Edler

bringit.jpg

#34 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Raimo Helminen. My favourite player of all-time, hands down. Easily had the talent to have a successful NHL career (40 points in 66 games in his rookie season) but his back problems eventually got in the way of things. He was with Rags and Isles but the time just wasn't right for him.

Another player like that is Jarkko Immonen. A typical center like Helminen was, but it may be that we'll never know how he would do in the big league. That's the downside of the KHL.

Edited by Finnish Wing, 24 December 2012 - 05:16 AM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#35 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Miroslav Satan, just so I could have a Wings jersey that said Satan on the back. I'm easily amused.

Bure and Mogilny reunited with Fedorov at the NHL level would have been cool to see.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#36 Sycsa

Sycsa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

It's uncanny for me that so many people immediately said Paver Bure. I became interested in and fascinated by the NHL when I was 10 and got hooked on NHL 2000. I chose Detroit as my team purely because I loved their jersey, but Pavel Bure was my favorite player, only because I loved his name and the way he looked. Since then whenever a new NHL game came out, the first thing I did was that I traded him to Detroit and put him on a line with Yzerman and Fedorov. It was always a dream of mine that it would happen in real life. There was no rhyme or reason behind it, maybe just that Russians and the Red Wings went along so nicely. Anyway, it's nice to know I wasn't alone.

#37 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

I always wanted

Pronger
S. Niedermayer

Pair one of these guys with Lidström and our first pairing basically would have been unreal.
  • Nev likes this

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#38 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Jagr would have been a great draft pick. F you, Petr Klima... F you.

#39 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Bure was so freaking awesome

#40 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Funny thing about the Wings almost drafting Bure is, could you imagine the Kournikova drama in the dressing room? Yikes!

On the other hand, could you imagine (all due respect to Slava Kozlov) a Russian five of Bure - Larinov - Fedorov - Konstantinov - Fetisov....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!