• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
achildr1

2013 World Juniors

Rate this topic

Guest RedWingsDad
I wish I could have watched this before knowing who won, but now at least I don't have to stress when I watch the replay later. Way to go USA!

What venue to do you use to watch these games? I want to watch as well. Also... GO USA!!

What venue to do you use to watch these games? I want to watch as well. Also... GO USA!!

NHL Network. On cable or you can watch online live, SWE-RUS should be on right now. I DVR the game when it airs live so I don't see NHL's score on the news scroller (because they are dumb and show it on the replays). I knew I wasn't going to be able to wait all day to see who won today though.

Guest RedWingsDad
NHL Network. On cable or you can watch online live, SWE-RUS should be on right now. I DVR the game when it airs live so I don't see NHL's score on the news scroller (because they are dumb and show it on the replays). I knew I wasn't going to be able to wait all day to see who won today though.

Thanks, but crud... just learned that ATT dropped the NHL Network. : ( Guess I will have to find some rogue internet stream. :shifty:

Thanks, but crud... just learned that ATT dropped the NHL Network. : ( Guess I will have to find some rogue internet stream. :shifty:

I don't know if they show the replays, but NHL.com streams them as well. TSN also has PPV for them, of course they probably won't show USA/SWE.

talk about some hurt canadians http://www.sbnation....ior-hockey-2013

LOL. I guess we hit a nerve. My favorite part is where they are crying that all the Americans get developed in the CHL but all five goals were scored by NCAA players.

Edited by rrasco

Guest RedWingsDad
I don't know if they show the replays, but NHL.com streams them as well. TSN also has PPV for them, of course they probably won't show USA/SWE.

Thanks, unfortunately the TSN PPV is for Canadians only. Guess I will have to catch them on the NHL.com streams.

Thanks, unfortunately the TSN PPV is for Canadians only. Guess I will have to catch them on the NHL.com streams.

"Canadian tv for Canadians!!"

I remember when I had the old C-BAND sat back in the day I would always watch the Canadian sat and catch shows...and that was a commercial that always came on that use to piss me off."I'M SITTING HERE WATCHING MOFO'S HA HA" hahahahah

Of course I was young and dumb USA USA USA. hahahaha

If it makes the Canadians feel any better I put more emphasis on beating Team Canada than winning gold. Gold against gold will just be the icing on the cake. Bummed I didn't get to see this one play out live though. Sochi is going to be brutal start times.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I watched both games. Sweden started out red hot in the first period and then Russia came on especially in the 3rd. The USA looks to be better than Sweden from what I can tell. They activate their D much more and are a little faster skating wise. Gibson gives the Americans an edge in net. In 1 game winner take all though anything can happen. I think Sweden has a solid team but they have alot of injuries on their defense. They are missing 5 of their best dmen which means most of the players there now would not be on the team if healthy. Full marks to the Swedes for getting this far with a depleted blueline. I see the Americans winning the Gold Medal game 4-2.

Guest Johnz96
Oh Canada

You can't make stupid mistakes (like cutting your best defenseman) and expect to win this thing.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Playmaker

I'm going to throw something at the TV if the announcer doesn't figure out how to say Blake Pietila's name. It is NOT Pee-etta-la. It's Pah-TILL-uh. Argh...driving me crazy!

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Playmaker" data-cid="2337517" data-time="1357256873"><p>

I'm going to throw something at the TV if the announcer doesn't figure out how to say Blake Pietila's name. It is NOT Pee-etta-la. It's Pah-TILL-uh. Argh...driving me crazy!</p></blockquote>

Its actually PYE-TEE-LAY. Ha!

I'm going to throw something at the TV if the announcer doesn't figure out how to say Blake Pietila's name. It is NOT Pee-etta-la. It's Pah-TILL-uh. Argh...driving me crazy!

Hardly an easy name to spell :-)

Well I did root for the Swiss and Fins just because I like the underdogs but Sweden USA should be a good one too. It is almost insane how much pressure these Canadian U20 has on their shoulders.

One thing is for sure if the USA are going to think it will be easy against Sweden they are in for a rough awakening.