• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Countdown to January 14th

Rate this topic

Countdown to January 14th  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I didn't believe there would be a lockout because I thought it was going to be an easy negotiation. Now, over 100 days into it, I still think there will be a shortened season. At the same time, if the season got canned, I also wouldn't be surprised. Neither side has been rather intelligent or honest in these negotiations.

I honestly feel they will reach a last minute deal. They just need to drag this to the brink of canceling the season before it could happen. My reasoning is that last lock-out the players didn't accept the final tabled offer by the league, and they ended up paying for it badly. The subsequent season they got a much worse deal than the league's final offer. I think as we approach the deadline, Bettman will table a let's-save-the-season type deal to make the league look like the good guys. The players would be idiotic not to accept it.

Guest irishock

I'm gonna say there will be a season. I believe in what Fehr said, that the sides were close before the break-off. Owners will go 6/8 in player contracts with a 9 year CBA- done.

Honestly, I'm paying less and less attention to this fiasco everyday. It's bad when family members have to apologize for buying me Wings stuff for Christmas and say they did it before the lockout. I do believe there will be a season, but I also believed they would be playing by now. I guess in the end I'd be more surprised to hear they reached an agreement than if the season was 86'd.

I honestly feel they will reach a last minute deal. They just need to drag this to the brink of canceling the season before it could happen. My reasoning is that last lock-out the players didn't accept the final tabled offer by the league, and they ended up paying for it badly. The subsequent season they got a much worse deal than the league's final offer. I think as we approach the deadline, Bettman will table a let's-save-the-season type deal to make the league look like the good guys. The players would be idiotic not to accept it.

I would hope so. You'd think the league would recognize that they are 4th out of the 4 major American sports and also on the brink of a third work stoppage since 1994.

Guest Playmaker

I think the problem is that way too many fans like myself have just become indifferent...Bettman and the owners seem oblivious to that fact...During the last lockout, fans were angry, now they just don't care...The cold and snow has made me think of hockey, but with 2013 approaching, the countdown to Spring Training has been at the forefront of my mind...

I think the problem is that way too many fans like myself have just become indifferent...Bettman and the owners seem oblivious to that fact...During the last lockout, fans were angry, now they just don't care...The cold and snow has made me think of hockey, but with 2013 approaching, the countdown to Spring Training has been at the forefront of my mind...

+1 I'm not mad anymore, I just don't give a s***.

Guest The Axe

+1 I'm not mad anymore, I just don't give a s***.

+ another 1. Bettman has ruined hockey. Parity sucks. Its not as fun to watch the cup get passed out to a different team that "magically" becomes good all of the sudden. The NHL needs new leadership.

+ another 1. Bettman has ruined hockey. Parity sucks. Its not as fun to watch the cup get passed out to a different team that "magically" becomes good all of the sudden. The NHL needs new leadership.

Parity is awesome. But not watered-down parity. Get rid of 6-8 teams, spread the talented players out amongst the remaining 22-24 teams and keep the parity, while increasing the quality of hockey and promoting more rivalries.

I don't really care anymore. I've been paying zero attention to it. Believe it or not, the world continues to spin without the NHL.

And the way its going, not too many people outside of hardcore hockey fans would notice either.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

And the way its going, not too many people outside of hardcore hockey fans would notice either.

I think the league is toast if they lose the full year. They have a hard enough time getting people in Dallas, Columbus, and Phoenix to go to games as it is. It will get even worse if the full year is cancelled.

I think the league is toast if they lose the full year. They have a hard enough time getting people in Dallas, Columbus, and Phoenix to go to games as it is. It will get even worse if the full year is cancelled.

Not to mention the momentum that teams like Florida and Los Angeles made last season.