Photo
- - - - -

Countdown to January 14th

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Countdown to January 14th

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will the two sides come to an agreement by January 14th?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Obviously you forget that they were swept by the Devils in the finals... It doesn't matter that they made it to the finals if they got swept, remember the shame in the tigers loss this year...

Still one of the top teams in hockey. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#42 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

New Jersey were masters in the "Clutch and Grab" era.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#43 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

As a Toronto Blue Jays fan, I really can ignore this year of Hockey and look forward to some actual Baseball worth watching for once. I would rather a deal get done sooner than later however, just so I know going into September that Hockey should be back.

#44 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

If a multi-billionaire (or group) had the foresight/balls to do it, the NHL could be toppled right now... All it would take, would be a competing league to start up in major cities (Det, Tor, Chi, NY, Phi, Mtl, etc, etc, etc), bring in some big names, market the hell out of it and we would look back on the NHL like we do the ABA, AFL, etc... I don't think the league will ever fully recover from this one and I fully expect to see contraction of the league occur in the next few years...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#45 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Obviously you forget that they were swept by the Devils in the finals... It doesn't matter that they made it to the finals if they got swept, remember the shame in the tigers loss this year...

to be honest, i would rather get swept in the finals than lose in game 7. much easier to simply forget about it and move on. i think game 7 09 cup finals is going to haunt me forever

edit: quote tags are jacked up for some reason

Edited by chances14, 30 December 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#46 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

to be honest, i would rather get swept in the finals than lose in game 7. much easier to simply forget about it and move on. i think game 7 09 cup finals is going to haunt me forever

edit: quote tags are jacked up for some reason

+1...I still get riled up when I think about 2009...it was bad enough the Wings lost up 3-2, but having Crosby skating the Cup around the ice at the Joe...Ouch!

In addition, I'd rather make it to the Cup finals and get swept than to lose in an earlier round or not make the playoffs at all...You just can't win every year...

#47 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

As far as I'm concerned there was no hockey played in 09.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#48 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337131" data-time="1356931297"><p>
As far as I'm concerned there was no hockey played in 09.</p></blockquote>

Wings have lost multiple cups in game 7's over the years.

#49 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Wings have lost multiple cups in game 7's over the years.

Yeah, but that was the only one I rode through like that.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#50 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

I think the problem is that way too many fans like myself have just become indifferent...Bettman and the owners seem oblivious to that fact...During the last lockout, fans were angry, now they just don't care...The cold and snow has made me think of hockey, but with 2013 approaching, the countdown to Spring Training has been at the forefront of my mind...

I've heard one thing working in the owners favor is that season tickets aren't being cancelled. Bettman knows fans will be back.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#51 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Should reset the poll. A lot has changed since the last game cancellations.

bringit.jpg

#52 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Two weeks. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#53 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Things didn't work out too bad for the Wings the last time there was a 48 game season.

Yeah, I can't wait for the Red Wings to get swept in the Stanley Cup Finals by a team that is sub-.500 for the season either.  Good times, my man.  Good times.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#54 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Better than getting Baked in game 7 of the first round.

bringit.jpg

#55 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, I can't wait for the Red Wings to get swept in the Stanley Cup Finals by a team that is sub-.500 for the season either.  Good times, my man.  Good times.

It's been years since a sub .500 team has made the playoffs.

Parity at it's finest.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#56 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

It's been years since a sub .500 team has made the playoffs.

Parity at it's finest.

That really wasn't the emphasis of my post, the important thing to take away from it was, "swept in the Stanley Cup Finals." 

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#57 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

That really wasn't the emphasis of my post, the important thing to take away from it was, "swept in the Stanley Cup Finals." 

A sweep in the Cup Finals hasn't happened since 1998...Just sayin.

#58 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="F.Michael" data-cid="2337369" data-time="1357176242"><p>
A sweep in the Cup Finals hasn't happened since 1998...Just sayin.</p></blockquote>

Sweeps get rid of the torture faster.

#59 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

A sweep in the Cup Finals hasn't happened since 1998...Just sayin.

I was responding to the assertion that the Red Wings did well the last time there was a shortened season, and I was saying no.....no they didn't.  Getting swept in the Cup finals by a team that was under .500 all season is not a job well done.

The 1998 SCF have nothing to do with this, nor will it ever.

Edited by Electrophile, 03 January 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#60 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

I was responding to the assertion that the Red Wings did well the last time there was a shortened season, and I was saying no.....no they didn't.  Getting swept in the Cup finals by a team that was under .500 all season is not a job well done.

The 1998 SCF have nothing to do with this, nor will it ever.

As I mentioned earlier - the 1995 NJ Devils weren't under .500 - in fact they were 22-18-8...Am  I missing something :unsure: