• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Adidarw

What Red Wings Players Are Up To Now

Rate this topic

I did some research today and found out what each player on the roster has been up to. I also linked to the source where I got the information (or linked to their team website, if playing for a team). Nothing too detailed. I also have links to their Twitter pages, if they have one that is verified. I started a blog and posted it there:

What Players Are Doing Now

Very nice. And yes, Pasha is kicking ass. He's starting for the Western side in the KHL All-Star game coming up in January. He got a goal in yesterday's game.

Haha, so our goalies are doing a bunch of nothing and "struggling to stay sharp"??

I know it makes them look bad to say that, but that source was the best I could find anywhere. I couldn't find anything saying they were playing games or participating in anything significant. That source says it. Their own quotes aren't even very optimistic about what they're doing. It says they're struggling to find enough players to even have a full-ice practice. They are playing games at the width of the ice.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kira" data-cid="2337472" data-time="1357240972"><p>

I hear that Drew Miller is getting ready to leave his team in Scotland, but that's all I've heard recently.</p></blockquote>

Drew's last game just finished and he received a special award from the Braehead organisation to say thanks for his time with them. Really lit up the British game and gave some real credibility to our game in Scotland.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337497" data-time="1357250725"><p>

So Drew is officially leaving? Any mention why? Looming end to lockout or 'just because'?</p></blockquote>

All the NHL players in the UK have all headed back to north America, more in hope rather than expectation at this point I think. Drew was the last to leave.

All the NHL players in the UK have all headed back to north America, more in hope rather than expectation at this point I think. Drew was the last to leave.

You would think they would have more of an indication as to how progress is going than we do. They had a few chances to leave when things got close before, but they didn't. So I will take that as a positive indication of bargaining.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337505" data-time="1357252389"><p>

<br />

You would think they would have more of an indication as to how progress is going than we do. They had a few chances to leave when things got close before, but they didn't. So I will take that as a positive indication of bargaining.</p></blockquote>

I agree although they have all said they would come back if nothing gets sorted. It is a positive move though.

Guest The Axe

Scotland needs Drew Miller. I mean, Colin Montgomery. Errr, I mean, William Wallace. "What would you do without hockey?"

I heard Bryzgalov left CSKA, but I don't know if it was because of hopefulness or they got a little tired of some of his antics, which I heard were not very welcome.

Goaltenders

Jonas Gustavsson

Current Activities – Practicing regularly, but struggling to keep sharp. Not playing for a team. (source: mlive)

Twitter – unknown

Jimmy Howard

Current Activities - Practicing regularly, but struggling to keep sharp. Not playing for a team. (source: mlive)

Twitter – unknown

Congrats, Wings fans! We have a team with two rusty goalies to start the season. HOORAY!

Not sure why Monster didn't go play in the SEL to show up Howie in the event the season started back up. Oh well, now we're screwed for a few weeks worth of games.

Congrats, Wings fans! We have a team with two rusty goalies to start the season. HOORAY!

Not sure why Monster didn't go play in the SEL to show up Howie in the event the season started back up. Oh well, now we're screwed for a few weeks worth of games.

Here we go....