• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

HC Davos VS Team Canada

Rate this topic

Great. Now I feel all crazy talking to myself about a tournament I know nothing about.

I still would like to know why Brunner was playing for Davos. That confuses the hell out of me. I'm also curious how Thornton and Nash feel about playing for Davos and not Canada in this tourney.

Can a mod change the title to Spengler Cup, so at least it's on topic? Thanks.

He was on the top line with Thornton and Kane, but got dropped to the second line by the 2nd (or 3rd?) period. I didn't get to watch the game as much as I would have liked since I'm at work so I mostly listened and took a peek when I had a chance.

During the spengler's cup, the league stops. A lot of players are free to play the tournament if a team ask them. For team Canada, they take players who are skating in Europe. But with the lockout, team Canada looks impressive. Spezza, Bergeron, Tavares and many more.

The tournament: 2 permanents teams, Davos and Team Canada. Are guest an another Swiss team, one from KHL, a German and the last one changes every year. Finnish, Swede or Slovakian. Brunner and Kane were invited by Davos. Marc Streit wanted to play but his team said no no no!

The game: IMO it was a mistake to play Brunner with Kane and The other one. Against Canada you think D first and these three just wanted to score. Paradoxically, Brunner looked good on the PK and better than Kane during the game IMO.

For Canada, they used 4 right handed players in PP. I think it's a bit strange.

Canada's coach is Doug Shedden, also coach of EV Zug. He knows Swiss teams very well and it's an advantage for team Canada.