• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

NHL submits offer to NHLPA - **Suspension Warning Post #70 & #273*

Rate this topic

I'm not sure they have to buy out anybody. Maybe a trade or something. As noted above, Emmy and Eaves make the most sense to move or buy out because of Eaves' injury and I don't think Emmy will ever crack this roster.

another little tidbit in the the nhl's offer was that all non playoff teams would be eligible for the lottery draft with the goal of reducing tanking late in the season

If its a weighted lottery, wouldn't this actually entice MORE teams to try to tank in order to get a higher potential draft pick?

This is interesting:

"- Money paid (above a defined threshold) to Players on NHL SPCs in another professional league (e.g., the AHL or a European league) will be charged against the NHL team's Cap, but not against the Players' Share."

"- Flexibility-related adjustments to Payroll Range System, including (in addition to Salary/Cap Charge allocation in Player trades):

2. Elimination of Re-Entry Waivers;"

Does this mean for example that we could simply rotate guys like Emmy and Tatar the the AHL and not risk them to Re-Entry Waivers all the while only have a cap hit of what is above the undisclosed Defined Threshold while they are in the AHL? Maybe I'm misunderstanding this.

Funny how things would be if he was able to sign Suter though."

I think we would have been okay. We would not have Coliacovo and would not have signed Sammy. Then if you take eaves out of the equation you get pretty close to where we need to be. Also Tootoo's contract is a little too much and could have been the one that would be removed with the new buyout. Keep emmerton and bring tatar up to fill up the roster.

Edited by dirtydangles

Renaud Lavoie@RenLavoieRDS

NHL told the NHLPA that the drop dead date was January 11th, according to another NHL source.

This is interesting:

"- Money paid (above a defined threshold) to Players on NHL SPCs in another professional league (e.g., the AHL or a European league) will be charged against the NHL team's Cap, but not against the Players' Share."

"- Flexibility-related adjustments to Payroll Range System, including (in addition to Salary/Cap Charge allocation in Player trades):

2. Elimination of Re-Entry Waivers;"

Does this mean for example that we could simply rotate guys like Emmy and Tatar the the AHL and not risk them to Re-Entry Waivers all the while only have a cap hit of what is above the undisclosed Defined Threshold while they are in the AHL? Maybe I'm misunderstanding this.

I think that will depend on their status. They have to go through waivers to get to GR too. So unless they are waiver exempt, I don't think it would matter.

One thing I heard this afternoon (at this point in time, does it really matter who?) dealt with this:

- Ten-Year Agreement (through 2021/22 season); Parties have mutual opt-out right after 8 years.

Apparently sponsors have been in contact with the League and in essence have asked this: "Is a lockout going to happen in another five years? If so, we would rather not get into a long-term advertising deal with you if this is the way you plan to negotiate a collective agreement".

Five years, ten years, it's all the same and that won't change.

Side with the owners? Really? If so, you'll be waiting a long, long time for your rebate cheque from the League, thanking you for all your support. A hunger strike would be less painful.

Here's a question for the members of the "Uncle Gary Fan Club": If there was no union, would some be siding with the players, or is the selection of support the "lesser of two evils"?

Side with the owners? Really? If so, you'll be waiting a long, long time for your rebate cheque from the League, thanking you for all your support. A hunger strike would be less painful.

Here's a question for the members of the "Uncle Gary Fan Club": If there was no union, would some be siding with the players, or is the selection of support the "lesser of two evils"?

I have a better question.

If the owners were making 57% and the players were making 43%, and the players went on strike, would you be on the side of the owners because they didn't strike? Would you be calling the players greedy because they wanted an equal share?

The players are not on strike, they are locked out.

This offer while a starting point, is just a "at least we did something one". I think the NHL is fearing a soon all players are UFA market and now they are desperate to get a deal done. If the PA is coming back with a fair offer and the NHL doesn't walk out after 10 minutes there might be a chance for a season if not, I think we'll see two more rounds of cancellations but after that...

Next year all players would be UFAs so a big big day for the Wings :-) I'll expect a team gunning for the cup instead of the playoffs.

Guest RedWingsDad

I wonder when we will know the NHLPA's response. I think the owners made a very reasonable offer here, we will see if the NHLPA responds in like fashion or decides on more posturing instead.

I wonder when we will know the NHLPA's response. I think the owners made a very reasonable offer here, we will see if the NHLPA responds in like fashion or decides on more posturing instead.

So right under Vladdy's warning, you take a pot shot at the NHLPA, which is only baiting the people you've been arguing with.

I know we have the reigns tight on these threads, but they have mostly been incessant arguing by the same 5 or 6 people which eventually escalates to personal attacks. I didn't delete it for the sake of example but your post would've been fine like this:

You've made your general position regarding the NHL and NHLPA more than clear over the hundreds of pages of these CBA threads. No need for the shot at the NHLPA. Same goes for anyone taking pot shots at the owners side. As Vladdy said just a couple posts above, everyone knows where everyone stands by now.

Any posts taking shots at the NHL or NHLPA side, no matter how subtly, will be deleted entirely. Discuss the offers, not who's the villain.

I believe the PA will respond with a reasonable offer to the NHL. Whether they choose to accept or continue negotiations after said offer remains to be seen. I just want a season to start.

They are on a conference call now and supposed to meet tomorrow, as reported in post #62. Details not disclosed yet, if they are to be.

Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN

#CBA NHL/NHLPA conference calls still ongoing; nothing has been finalized yet regarding in-person meeting in NY on Sunday

Edited by rrasco

Guest irishock

I read somewhere that some of the NHL owners told Bettman that cancelling the entire season is "unacceptable".

It takes 8 votes to fire Gary, right?

Guest RedWingsDad

Well, I activated my cable again, so that means that the season has got to start soon. NHL being the only reason I get cable anymore. I really think that a deal is going to get done and we will be watching hockey in a few weeks. I am pumped!!

NHL officially confirms it delivered a proposal to the NHLPA yesterday. They were supposed to have a conference call today at 11 to discuss further. I haven't heard any details or confirmation if that happened.

"In light of media reports this morning, I can confirm that we delivered to the union a new, comprehensive proposal for a successor CBA late yesterday afternoon," said Daly in a statement." We are hopeful that once the union's staff and negotiating committee have had an opportunity to thoroughly review and consider our new proposal, they will share it with the players. We want to be back on the ice as soon as possible."

The NHLPA held a conference call Friday afternoon to discuss the offer internally.

Daly spoke to Players' Association special counsel Steve Fehr and the two sides were planning to go over the proposal via a conference call that was tentatively scheduled for 11am et today. The expectation is that if all goes well, the NHL and the NHLPA will meet in person as early as Sunday in New York.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412368

Yeah, it looks like Holland is a lot smarter than some give him credit for.

If the cap is lowered to 60mil for the start of the 2013 season.... what a mess. :no:

Boston Bruins » $68,867,976

Minnesota Wild » $68,848,867

Vancouver Canucks » $67,768,333

Calgary Flames » $66,668,332

Philadelphia Flyers » $66,643,373

San Jose Sharks » $65,241,667

Chicago Blackhawks » $64,445,128

Buffalo Sabres » $64,354,523

Montreal Canadiens » $63,897,976

Washington Capitals » $63,594,572

Toronto Maple Leafs » $63,485,833

Tampa Bay Lightning » $63,246,916

Edmonton Oilers » $62,933,333

Los Angeles Kings » $62,320,227

Detroit Red Wings » $61,442,045

Pittsburgh Penguins » $60,989,333

It'd be VERY interesting to see who Minnesota buys out.... No way they buyout one of the Olsen Twins...Looks like it may be the ******* All-Star...

Honeslty, I wish Holland would buyout Franzine...or trade him for a player that actually WANTS to play...

Edited by LeftWinger

Per Dreger:

CBA conf calls\discussions expected to drift into early evening. Told calls are purely "informational." No bargaining going on.
Messy travel to NYC. Mad scramble to live location for Sportscentre. CBA discussions cont in morning with at least 3 more info sessions.
Some involved in info discussions will be via conf call, otherwise face to face. Could lead to bargaining on Sunday. No guarantee.