• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

NHL submits offer to NHLPA - **Suspension Warning Post #70 & #273*

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

The NHLPA says it expects to hear from mediator Scot Beckenbaugh tomorrow morning about when CBA talks will resume.

RT @RenLavoieRDS: Kristopher Letang will be in Russia soon. He'll play in the KHL until the lockout is over.

bad sign

Maclean: hearing that only the NY Rangers oppose $60 Mil salary cap

I'd rofl if these issues result in a cancelled season.

Edited by irishock

from lebrun

OK, it turns out the players and their leader, Don Fehr, were in foul mood after they discovered the league might have tried to pull as fast one on HRR language in last week's offer. Did I say last week’s offer? Yes, I did. Did it really take a week for the union’s lawyers to find the HRR treachery? I don’t have a law degree and I’m sure these things are complicated, but if I’m a player I’m just as angry at the league for trying to pull a fast one as much as wanting to know why it took a week for my people to figure it out.

all i can do is laugh and shake my head.

if this isn't further proof that both sides need to clean house after this is over, then i don't know what is

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="chances14" data-cid="2337528" data-time="1357263051"><p>

pa says league tried to sneak in hrr changes without them noticing. league says that they notified the pa of changes to hrr a week ago<br />

<br />

just another day in the life of the dysfunctional relationship that is the owners and pa</p></blockquote>

Thats some bullcrap.

Guest irishock

I wouldn't be hurt if there's no season after all. The NFL always delivers with their playoffs and baseball spring training in 39 days. Plus 2012 was an awful year for the Wings, and with Lidstrom gone it's likely we'd be even more inconsistent in a 48 game season. It might be best for the organization to take a step back and regroup for '13-'14, address our issues on defense and find a sniper.

I wouldn't be hurt if there's no season after all. The NFL always delivers with their playoffs and baseball spring training in 39 days. Plus 2012 was an awful year for the Wings, and with Lidstrom gone it's likely we'd be even more inconsistent in a 48 game season. It might be best for the organization to take a step back and regroup for '13-'14, address our issues on defense and find a sniper.

I agree. My neighbor, who's a Wings fans too, and I were talking. We were saying what's the point, just get it right and come back next year. If Bettman's trying to pull a fast one on the players, then I don't see any advantage in trying to put a CBA together in a week just to play a 48 game season.

Like you said, the NFL playoffs start on Sunday, and Baseball gets going soon. Detroit will be focused on the return of VMart, the all-star line up of the Tigers, and seeing them getting back to the World Series.

Edited by Barrie

Puck Daddy's story on the "Bettman ready to cancel season" reports quotes a story by Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press. Sounds like the league is taking a page from last lockout, in that they are offering a much better deal to the players now (in the interest of saving a season) than one they would be offering if/when the season is scrapped...

The league believes Fehr is unwilling to do a deal until after Bettman has cancelled the NHL season and the union leader is now slowing the process one last time to increase pressure on the commissioner, said the governor late Wednesday night. Such a gambit could be put to the test as early as next Thursday and the governor said it will come up empty for the players and finally the fans.

If the NHL and NHLPA cannot come to a settlement and sign a new collective bargaining agreement by Thursday or Friday of next week, Bettman will announce the cancellation of the 2012-13 season.
… Bettman will be willing to listen and talk with Fehr after he cancels the season but it will be on the basis of doing a deal for the 2013-14 season. Once the commissioner cancels this season, a 50-50 share will no longer be offered and the league will pursue a much revamped package because the owners will have no incentive to make the deal that was on the table.

Puck Daddy's story on the "Bettman ready to cancel season" reports quotes a story by Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press. Sounds like the league is taking a page from last lockout, in that they are offering a much better deal to the players now (in the interest of saving a season) than one they would be offering if/when the season is scrapped...

I would like to believe that is true, but thus far everything Bettman has said has been idle threats and false truths

I would like to believe that is true, but thus far everything Bettman has said has been idle threats and false truths

Thats funny, I could say the same thing about Fehr and threatening decertification.

Bettman and Fehr won't be stupid enough to cancel the season. There is too much riding on the season going forward, even in a reduced 48 game format plus playoffs.

Thats funny, I could say the same thing about Fehr and threatening decertification.

Bettman and Fehr won't be stupid enough to cancel the season. There is too much riding on the season going forward, even in a reduced 48 game format plus playoffs.

I typically find that one is better off not underestimating the stupidity of other people. If they prove to be more intelligent than I give them credit for, so be it.

Every morning i wake up and read about what the idiotic little children involved in this CBA negotiation have done now.

Then I go through the thread and delete a few posts from people here who continue to ignore the endless warnings from the mods.

The whole thing has gotten very old.

At this point the main reason I want a season is so people will post here again and Matt can hopefully break even on this site for the year.

At this point the main reason I want a season is so people will post here again and Matt can hopefully break even on this site for the year.

Being in web development, I've been very curious as to know how much traffic has slowed. Quality of discussion has certainly gone down since we have nothing to do but hate on each other.

Then I go through the thread and delete a few posts from people here who continue to ignore the endless warnings from the mods.

Not that there's much else around here for us to do, but we've made a very simple request that people just can't seem to honor. The next person who needs to have a post deleted from this thread will receive a suspension commensurate with their warning level. It would suck to have to suspend or even ban someone because of something so trivial. Please don't make us do it.

Every morning i wake up and read about what the idiotic little children involved in this CBA negotiation have done now.

I hope that the fans return, but there is part of me that worries that this lockout has damaged the games and turned the fans off. Matt is a great guy and I hope the fans return to this site. As of right now though, I am not holding out much hope.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="vladdy16" data-cid="2337582" data-time="1357318750"><p>

<br />

<strong class='bbc'>Not that there's much else around here for us to do, but we've made a very simple request that people just can't seem to honor. The next person who needs to have a post deleted from this thread will receive a suspension commensurate with their warning level. It would suck to have to suspend or even ban someone because of something so trivial. Please don't make us do it. </strong></p></blockquote>

How about just locking this thread and starting a new one called Lockout Tweets Only?? The natural flow of the lockout leads to NHL vs PA and Bettman vs Fehr. To be honest, its very hard not to discuss the players in the game and have an opinion. Just sticking up for the members. Its the lockout that is evil!!!

Guest irishock

Sounds like no talks until NHLPA votes on disclaimer. Seems like marriage counselling is happening between 2 sides.

@IgorKleyner: Kris Letang showing off his new SKA sweater surely means new NHL CBA is all but done, right?pic.twitter.com/NihaSMMD

Players must truly be committed to the cause. Another $65m down the drain nxt week.They're bleeding out of every orifice but standing firm.

Latest #NHL #NHLPA update. Nothing has changed. Process that was on yesterday and this morn has continued. Individual meetings with mediator

What if #NHL had deal to start Jan 12th and play a 52-game season? Sources say it would be worth +/- $130-million in HRR in week 1 /1

Looks like game of chicken is going distance. Fehr believes NHL will give on all issues rather than cancel season. We'll see if he's right.

i have a hunch ... NHLPA won't bargain until SUN at earliest. Wants to get "disclaimer" vote results, THEN return to the table. a hunch

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Fehr doesn't care about the season cancelling or not. The NHL owners do.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="irishock" data-cid="2337601" data-time="1357328765"><p>

<br />

Fehr doesn't care about the season cancelling or not. The NHL owners do.</p></blockquote>

I think you are wrong on this.

Guest irishock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="irishock" data-cid="2337601" data-time="1357328765"><p>

<br />

Fehr doesn't care about the season cancelling or not. The NHL owners do.</p></blockquote>

I think you are wrong on this.

Well I'm not going to argue on what our mods told us not to, so I'll just leave it at that.

Guest The Axe
Well I'm not going to argue on what our mods told us not to, so I'll just leave it at that.

The mods just want us not to point fingers at the commissioner or NHLPA head. If you have proof if any of the people involved do not care about the season being cancelled, I would like to read that. That would be very discouraging.

The mods just want us not to point fingers at the commissioner or NHLPA head. If you have proof if any of the people involved do not care about the season being cancelled, I would like to read that. That would be very discouraging.

The mods don't want the incessant arguing over as to who is at fault for this whole mess of a CBA negotiation, including taking little pot shots at either side during a discussion of the cba. It has been beaten to death. Arguing over who cares or doesn't care about canceling the season is essentially the same thing.

I'm fairly certain there isn't going to be any reputable source establishing people saying they do not care if the season is cancelled.

As vladdy pointed out in one of her previous warnings, the discussion should be about details of the cba. It can also include updates from reputable sources, like Dreger or Lebrun's twitter.

Don't know if this has been posted but I just read this from a poster on Hfboards:

"Ron McLean just stated on XM Radio NHL Channel's HNIC show that the deal is done and they are just working out minutiae now. He said this not as breaking news but as a measure to calm everyone down and to reassure listeners that there will be hockey to watch this year.

They are bringing on a parade of HNIC personalities stating that things are basically done. Jim Hughson just stated that Bettman and Fehr are standing at the finishing line and can't decide if they want to let the other guy break the ribbon."

Take it for what it's worth. I would like to think Mclean would be a legit source! Here's hoping!