• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

NHL submits offer to NHLPA - **Suspension Warning Post #70 & #273*

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

While most reporters are indicating that there has been progress and that there is still work to be done, it should be obvious by now that no one has a clue what's exactly happening in the bargaining room. We never got an indication that the pensions issue was fixed until this morning, and they say that it was actually solved "a while ago". So take all the tweets for what they're worth.

Jags_normal.jpgLarry Brooks

Told that league has indicated willingness to come off $60 for next year, maybe $63-64, but in return for what, I don't know...

What players really have lost so far: est $500-million in salary. But they've gained $300-million in make whole + kept most contract rights.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock
Bret Hedican tweets that the lockout is over. ?!?!?!?

Bret Hedican ‏@BretHedican

Nothing official yet that I've heard, but several sources have said it's done. Let's hope this is Official!

What happened was that the former-Hurricane Jeff O'Neill trolled twitter by announcing that the deal is done, and Hedican fell for it, retweeted it, then said that he heard the lockout is over as well. Then, he realized that O'Neill is the worst troll in Twitter history, and so he's backing off saying that nothing's official.

NHL player (not in bargaining room) says he believes "talks are going well." ...

Edited by irishock

Bret Hedican ‏@BretHedican

Nothing official yet that I've heard, but several sources have said it's done. Let's hope this is Official!

Ya. After a few minutes to think about it, I think I just wanted to believe it so bad that I posted it. I'm sorry if I got anybody's hopes up falsely. But mine got up too.

Guest irishock

Talks are still continuing at this hour. The NHL wants a deal done asap because of the paperwork and logistics involved. Lots of work to do.

Threat of NHLPA disclaimer looms and should encourage settlement in short term

Pensions agreed upon. Sorting out '13-14 cap and variance over length of player contracts. But talks are really progressing.#NHLlockout

Kypreos just said the NHL is up to 63 mil in '13-'14.

Craig Custance@CraigCustance

Text from plugged in player confirms things are close but hedges with "you never know."

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

NHL Deputy Commish Bill Daly just confirmed to me "There's been movement. And process is moving again."

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

It should be noted that in '94 Fehr thought a deal was going to be done but one player spread the optimism around and the MLB owners ditched their offer and wanted more from the MLBPA. Deal not reached, World Series cancelled. I suppose that Fehr has experience in that he won't let the players in the meetings spread anything that doesn't end with "still ways to go". When you consider how every single player seems to say the same stuff, I'd say 1 or 2 players involved in the negotiation use their own words to tell other players, and then those players tell the media, so it's essentially all the same source: that one guy.

Is tweeting from inside the negotiations?

No, the players involved in the negotiations spread the news around to other players, and then they tell the reporters about it and that's how the news come about.

One Devils player: "I'm hearing (lockout is over). I'm ready to go, but I'll believe it when I see it... I'm just waiting for the call."

Told more players will be joining the negotiation process. #TSN

Lance Hornby@sunhornby

An NHL exec lamented to me the problem all 30 teams now have with CBA looking more favourable: "We don't know where half our players are."

#CBA 48-hour window on NHLPA voting to authorize the executive board the right to file a disclaimer of interest expires at 6 p.m.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Told this has potential to be marathon session tonight... We shall see

Was a marathon session in '05, as well as the NBA in 2011.

Repeat, the CBA is not done. Just hearing that they've agreed on the number of years 10-years with opt out after Year 8.

Someone who I feel has "sense" of where things are just told me: "There's a bit of frenzy going on now that may not be entirely justified."

Person wasn't being negative, just noting there seems to be a runaway train of optimism that may be a little excessive. Food for thought.

The NHLPA's second "disclaimer of interest" comes with a deadline. Still not clear when that is.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Nick Kypreos and John Shannon don't believe deal will be made tonight. tomorrow more realistic IF disclaimer not filed.

The PA vote has concluded. We can safely assume the executive board is now authorized to disclaim interest.

With talks progressing, it seems unlikely the PA would disclaim immediately. Players have leverage with league knowing it is an option.

Talks are continuing with no signif pause for now. We think that's good. #NHL

Towels are still an issue that remain unsolved.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Told that NHL finally moved off $60 M year 2 cap, however, still not enough for players..

The league and the union have now bean speaking for six hours. Looks like long night ahead of negotiations. #NHL #NHLPA

Issues remain:

Cap (NHL at 63, NHLPA at 65- Nick Kypreos reports)

Variance

Max contracts: NHLPA at 7/7, NHL at 6/7

Bad towels

Minimum salary at year 9 of CBA

CBA duration: League at 10, opt out after 8, NHLPA at opt out after 7.

Lot's to be done.

A $2M gap on cap for one year of eight- to 10-year CBA is silly, especially when players are limited to 50% of HRR no matter what cap is.

Players willing to keep cap floor at $44 M for Year 2 cap even with higher upper limit

Bill Daly on mediator: "Obviously Scot has been helpful to the process and in helping construct a framework where progress can be made (1/2)

Daly cont: "Parties are still working hard. That has to be a positive." (2/2)

Source tells me that from a series of meetings & a string of bargaining sessions today there has been movement but it's been slow progress.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Told NHLPA has moved on the salary cap to 64.3 which happens to be the upper limit from last year. #TSN

(Aaron Ward)

Daly in email: "We hope to continue meeting to resolve as many open issues as we possibly can in pursuit of an agreement." #nhl

No better source than Daly.

Tim Panaccio@tpanotchCSN

Sources on both sides see Monday as likely date when all is settled. But could be late Sunday, as well

Vegas has it at 12 AM ET on Sunday night. I'll pick the over. If all goes well, I see the NHL playing 50 game sked that starts on Tuesday Jan 15. 5 against each division rival, 3 against every other conf team. Who wants to see 7 Red Wings vs Blue Jackets games?

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Michael Russo‏@Russostrib https://twitter.com/Russostrib/statu...29212536811520

BREAKING #mnwild news: Mikael Granlund pulled from #Aeros lineup after warmups;Wild doesn't want to risk injury in case #nhl camp on horizon

Somebody better call CSKA Moscow right now. Won't forgive them if something happens.....

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Doesn't sound like a deal gets done tonight, but the negotiations will be back on tomorrow, likely with the mediator still in tow

Bill Daly on reluctance to end talks for the night "No reason to break off at this point. We will keep going as long as it makes sense. 1/2

Cont. "As soon as it doesn't, or it may be counterproductive, we will break off."

Edited by irishock

it's a done deal folks. i dont have concrete proof, so i dont expect anyone to believe me, but i'll tell you guys what my cousin told me. he has a friend who works with CBC human resources in toronto. the league has told cbc to get ready for the season. said the deal is just being finalized now but an agreement was made. not sure if they will announce tonight or not but all thats left is paperwork at this point.

Guest irishock
it's a done deal folks. i dont have concrete proof, so i dont expect anyone to believe me, but i'll tell you guys what my cousin told me. he has a friend who works with CBC human resources in toronto. the league has told cbc to get ready for the season. said the deal is just being finalized now but an agreement was made. not sure if they will announce tonight or not but all thats left is paperwork at this point.

I believe you because Jim Hughson and Ron Maclean already talked about it on a radio show. Lol.

I believe you because Jim Hughson and Ron Maclean already talked about it on a radio show. Lol.

that is good! i feel stunned for making that post now, but im glad it is definitely true. i know my cousin wouldnt lie to me like that. im limited to sources as im stuck at work for the night.

Guest irishock

Teams were advised two weeks ago to keep dates open for a 48-to-52 game sked. The NHL will try to keep as close to old sked as possible.

We have NBC games against

Blues Jan 20

Blues Feb 10

Wild Feb 17

Chicago Feb 19

Chicago Mar 3

Chicago Mar 31

Blues Apr 7

Guest irishock

NHL-NHLPA talks still ongoing. Slow progress. Breaks now and then for caucusing. Disregard people who say deal has been reached already.

Daly said talks would end tonight if it goes counter productive.

NHL deputy commish Bill Daly email to Post-Dispatch seconds ago: "It’s been a long day already and meetings are continuing.... (1/2)

Daly contd "Dialogue has been good & there has been a healthy give & take. We resolved some open issues but still have a number to go” (2/2)

I'm a bit scared that Daly is making public statements. Like someone else said earlier, I expect the deal to come almost unexpectedly. Leaking info may not be a good thing.

Edited by irishock