• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

NHL submits offer to NHLPA - **Suspension Warning Post #70 & #273*

Rate this topic

it's a done deal folks. i dont have concrete proof, so i dont expect anyone to believe me, but i'll tell you guys what my cousin told me. he has a friend who works with CBC human resources in toronto. the league has told cbc to get ready for the season. said the deal is just being finalized now but an agreement was made. not sure if they will announce tonight or not but all thats left is paperwork at this point.

I would hope so.

it's a done deal folks. i dont have concrete proof, so i dont expect anyone to believe me, but i'll tell you guys what my cousin told me. he has a friend who works with CBC human resources in toronto. the league has told cbc to get ready for the season. said the deal is just being finalized now but an agreement was made. not sure if they will announce tonight or not but all thats left is paperwork at this point.

I believe you, but the information you are getting isn't being interpreted correctly. Several different people are being asked to make preparations with the hope that a deal gets done. Fact of the matter is, no one knows exactly where they stand in negotiations on all the issues except those that are in the board room. Even the people in the room wouldn't be able to say if or when a deal will get done. The one piece of information I do have, which is a fact, is that the deal is not yet done.

Guest irishock

On contract variance #NHL offered 30% yr to yr but kicker is no yr can be less than 60% of the highest salaried year. #NHLPA wants wider gap

Cap, Variance, Contracts, Min Salary year 9.... haven't found out if towels remain an issue.

Edited by irishock

I believe you, but the information you are getting isn't being interpreted correctly. Several different people are being asked to make preparations with the hope that a deal gets done. Fact of the matter is, no one knows exactly where they stand in negotiations on all the issues except those that are in the board room. Even the people in the room wouldn't be able to say if or when a deal will get done. The one piece of information I do have, which is a fact, is that the deal is not yet done.
Agreed.

This isn't a done deal yet. Stil some things to work out.

Edited by chances14

Been told the two sides are still at it in NYC. And it could go a while yet. #NHL#NHLPA

I'll be surprise that a deal happen tonight. I've been told that both parties are too far on some important issues. We'll see.

As long as it gets done. And soon.

Guest irishock

The talks have hit the 12 hour mark between the #NHL and #NHLPA.

No blow-ups as long as they're talking.

Caucusing again in New York. Bill Daly says progress remains slow but steady. Still going #nhl #nhlpa

Just heard from a solid source that now NHL/NHLPA want 52 game season. That's a very solid number!

..."hill we will die on".... "poised to cancel another season"......

We've reached 2 a.m. in midtown Manhattan. The word from the bargaining room is "still going."

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Mediator still in meeting but told he's not playing as much of an active role right now.

Pensions are apparently still being dealt with:

Been saying all day,new pension is Defined Benefits Plan for players...issue being discussed is how teams will limit long term liability.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Source says both sides "working hard trying to reach agreement on the outstanding issues."

I'm in the West coast so it's not too late

Many reporters believe a deal has got to be close when you're still doing it at 4 am

Via email, update from NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly: "Making progress."

I like it vague.

I'd sign up for a sex change at at this point ...

Would be shocked if sides came out with an agreement tonight...would also be shocked if tonight's marathon wasn't the begining of the end.

Hockey Gods sign ? Little snow falling from the sky in NY.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Latest intel from Manhattan-Marathon-Madness...the two sides intend on pushing until no more can be accomplished tonight\this morning.

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Nothing but positive vibes is what @aaronward_nhl and I are getting from sources here at NHLPA hotel. Still work to be done though...

It's 4:30 am and both sides are still trying to get to the finish line.#NHL #NHLPA

Nick Kypreos@RealKyper

Told no sign of momentum slowing dwn btween #NHLPA #NHL as of 4:30am est. Many pleasantly surprised wee hrs finally time 4 real negotiation

Edited by irishock

Guest irishock

Hopefully I won't wake up being notified that I've been suspended for 3 days; irresponsible and reckless behavior.

It's worth it though.