• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

NHL submits offer to NHLPA - **Suspension Warning Post #70 & #273*

Rate this topic

Guest RedWingsDad

Well, I activated my cable again, so that means that the season has got to start soon. NHL being the only reason I get cable anymore. I really think that a deal is going to get done and we will be watching hockey in a few weeks. I am pumped!!

NHL officially confirms it delivered a proposal to the NHLPA yesterday. They were supposed to have a conference call today at 11 to discuss further. I haven't heard any details or confirmation if that happened.

"In light of media reports this morning, I can confirm that we delivered to the union a new, comprehensive proposal for a successor CBA late yesterday afternoon," said Daly in a statement." We are hopeful that once the union's staff and negotiating committee have had an opportunity to thoroughly review and consider our new proposal, they will share it with the players. We want to be back on the ice as soon as possible."

The NHLPA held a conference call Friday afternoon to discuss the offer internally.

Daly spoke to Players' Association special counsel Steve Fehr and the two sides were planning to go over the proposal via a conference call that was tentatively scheduled for 11am et today. The expectation is that if all goes well, the NHL and the NHLPA will meet in person as early as Sunday in New York.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412368

Yeah, it looks like Holland is a lot smarter than some give him credit for.

If the cap is lowered to 60mil for the start of the 2013 season.... what a mess. :no:

Boston Bruins » $68,867,976

Minnesota Wild » $68,848,867

Vancouver Canucks » $67,768,333

Calgary Flames » $66,668,332

Philadelphia Flyers » $66,643,373

San Jose Sharks » $65,241,667

Chicago Blackhawks » $64,445,128

Buffalo Sabres » $64,354,523

Montreal Canadiens » $63,897,976

Washington Capitals » $63,594,572

Toronto Maple Leafs » $63,485,833

Tampa Bay Lightning » $63,246,916

Edmonton Oilers » $62,933,333

Los Angeles Kings » $62,320,227

Detroit Red Wings » $61,442,045

Pittsburgh Penguins » $60,989,333

It'd be VERY interesting to see who Minnesota buys out.... No way they buyout one of the Olsen Twins...Looks like it may be the ******* All-Star...

Honeslty, I wish Holland would buyout Franzine...or trade him for a player that actually WANTS to play...

Edited by LeftWinger

Per Dreger:

CBA conf calls\discussions expected to drift into early evening. Told calls are purely "informational." No bargaining going on.
Messy travel to NYC. Mad scramble to live location for Sportscentre. CBA discussions cont in morning with at least 3 more info sessions.
Some involved in info discussions will be via conf call, otherwise face to face. Could lead to bargaining on Sunday. No guarantee.

per Ward's twitter:

Shouldn't expect conference call for players,until Lawyers/NHLPA has finished clarification process.Likely puts us into tomorrow. #TSN

It's sounding like just getting all the details on this offer is going to take a while, then presenting to players, then counteroffer/negotiations.

So I'm guessing there won't be a response from the NHLPA for a couple days maybe?

Guest irishock

They won't take it until the absolute deadline. Going to be a fun one.

The Ottawa Sun leaking the "cancelled season is not an option" story will only work for Fehr.

Edited by irishock

It'd be VERY interesting to see who Minnesota buys out.... No way they buyout one of the Olsen Twins...Looks like it may be the ******* All-Star...

Honeslty, I wish Holland would buyout Franzine...or trade him for a player that actually WANTS to play...

According to capgeek, Minnesota has 16 payers signed for 13-14 season at $51.1M cap hit. So they just need to find 6-7 guys at around $1M each to fill the roster.

So cancelling the entire season is unacceptable, but cancelling half the season wasn't that big a deal?

Do any of these morons realize how much they've already screwed things up for the league? A shortened season already questions the legitimacy of the entire season, as well as all the bad PR this has gotten.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest irishock

Franzen won't be bought out. Not when he's still the best goal scorer on the team. It'll be Bert or Sammy imo.

Franzen won't be bought out. Not when he's still the best goal scorer on the team. It'll be Bert or Sammy imo.

I really hope it isn't Big Bert. He's got grit (please do not start that argument) and still chips in offensively. He also looked comfortable in Homer's screening role. Sammy is... well, Sammy.

Guest irishock

Bert has a lot of shootout value as well. He pretty much netted us an extra 5 points last year scoring 5 shootout goals.

Bert just had his contract renewed, and sammy just signed on, I doubt we will buy them out, we will wait to see who is under achieving then make an assessment

Ward's twitter:

NHLPA / NHL lawyers and financial staff met face to face.Still in the review and clarification stage. #TSN

Negotiating Committee has not received notification to come to NYC.Expected when bargaining session planned.

The lawyers and financial people spending this long on the details seems new compared to earlier proposals.

The fact that they are being so careful and taking their time with understanding it tells me that the players and the owners understand that this is it... if these negotiations explode then that is the season. I think the players are relatively happy with this and are taking their time to understand everything before moving on to a counterproposal or bargaining in general for some tweaks. I think there will be a season ...