• This topic is locked This topic is locked
384 replies to this topic

#301 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Just want to wake up and see the headline "GAME ON!".

2s6114z.jpg

bringit.jpg

#302 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

2s6114z.jpg

WORD!!!

#303 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

You know what's weird?  Google 'NHL'.  You'll see.

Then I realized that was just b/c they have cancelled up to Jan 14th.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#304 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Threat to cancel NHL season is empty posturing by owners, writes@JonathanWillis http://bit.ly/S9IngB  #Oilers

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Cap fight. #NHL wants 60M #NHLPA wants 65M. Diff is 150M available $'s per season to players in system. Over 10 yrs that's 1.5B#areweclose?

#CBA According to @Real_ESPNLeBrun, both sides have expressed some flexibility. Whether that leads to in-person meeting, we shall see

Am told both sides have told mediator they've got a bit of room to move on open issues

Note: Kypreos is clearly wrong here because the league's offer is 60 as the cap for just 13-14, then will go up from there. NOT 60 for the duration of the CBA. I'll still use him as an update though, he does have player contacts but his own takes are brutal 

Edited by irishock, 04 January 2013 - 06:57 PM.

bringit.jpg

#305 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

New PHT - Report: NHLPA already has votes needed to file disclaimer of interest http://dlvr.it/2lLDTs

Interesting. They should get back at the table soon if they're using it as a bargaining tactic.

bringit.jpg

#306 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

You know what's weird?  Google 'NHL'.  You'll see.

Then I realized that was just b/c they have cancelled up to Jan 14th.

Wow.  Maybe they have Miss Cleo working for them.

#307 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

If the "shuttle mediation" is working and generating ANY progress for#NHL & #NHLPA, maybe it's better to continue w/ that format for now

If a deal happens the mediator's name should replace national anthems this year

Deal was close Tuesday, apparently “@RobRossi_Trib#CBAprocess has owners, managers and players exasperated:http://triblive.com/sports/nhl/3238674-74/nhl-players-penguins#axzz2H2ILMnbC …

Edited by irishock, 04 January 2013 - 07:44 PM.

bringit.jpg

#308 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Marty Barry" data-cid="2337635" data-time="1357340726"><p>
Just want to wake up and see the headline "GAME ON!".</p></blockquote>

Me too. I can forgive.

#309 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

doubtful both sides talk face-to-face tonight. they might be making progress through the mediator instead

Looking doubtful at this juncture that there will be face to face discussions. Mediation may be the only form of communication. #NHL#NHLPA

bringit.jpg

#310 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,910 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

If people wish to include Twitter updates, please only include those that have actual information about the CBA process.  

Using tweets that comment on the NHL or NHLPA is the same as stating it yourself here in the thread. 

#311 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

John Shannon, former CBC HNIC genius, was on Rogers Sportsnet Hockey Central today and said this: the reason the League made the three-hundred page proposal available for all to see was to show that there were important issues that had now been addressed that had been raised as issues by the players; a couple of examples being health and safety issues and taking away the old "home ice advantage", i.e. making the visitors dressing a more "pleasant" place to deal with (why it has it taken this long for these types of things to be dealt with by the League, I don't know). What he also said was that the League would be shutting down operations in the schedule on three dates every season: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#312 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

No biggie on the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as those are already dominated by the NBA. New Year's Eve leaves the Wings without their traditional New Year's Eve game, which would make me a little sad.

What they should do (IMO, of course) is leave New Year's Eve alone, and make the Wonter Classic the only game played on New Year's Day.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#313 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jedi" data-cid="2337668" data-time="1357352360"><p>
No biggie on the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as those are already dominated by the NBA. New Year's Eve leaves the Wings without their traditional New Year's Eve game, which would make me a little sad. <br />
<br />
What they should do (IMO, of course) is leave New Year's Eve alone, and make the Wonter Classic the only game played on New Year's Day.</p></blockquote>

Im in favor of that.

#314 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Yes I'm in favor of just winter classic on New year's day. Hope they get rid of AS break as well and make it christmas-NYs break.

bringit.jpg

#315 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Well if they're ready to drop the puck, the thing I'm most interested in is how many fans and advertisers will be back, especially the advertisers. I'm not buying tickets or more Red Wings gear, or even wear Red Wings gear. I'll feel like a fool if I wear Wings stuff, plus I haven't worn any Wings gear since the summer. However I'll check out games on TV to see if arenas are half empty. It's similar to a car wreck on the highway, you can't turn away.

I hope fans react like MLB fans reacted after the strike, but I'm not holding my breath since this is the 3rd work stoppage since 1994. A good percentage of hockey fans, are hockey fans only, and they'll be back right away. The NHL is going to have to win me back.

Edit: Speaking about not turning away, I find the business of sports very interesting, plus I'm a Business Admistration College Graduate and have two small business of my own. As annoyed and pissed off I am with this League, I can't completely turn away. I'm shocked that they'd let the lockout go this far after huge growth in the sport the last 7 years, and want to see if they're smart enough to recover their losses. Until the League wins me back, I now feel like an outsider looking in with a business interest. Plus Baseball has always been my #1 sport, that's the sport I can't live without. I can honestly say, news of a CBA almost done doesn't excite me. I did miss the game, especially when there was nothing else on TV to watch, but I'm past the point now of looking forward to the season starting.

Edited by Barrie, 04 January 2013 - 09:56 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#316 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Checking out games in Columbus, Phoenix, Miami, New Jersey, Dallas will be half empty but there's no way Hockeytown will ever say no to hockey. I know many are frustrated with the league, and I can proudly say that I'm not an NHL fan, I'm just a Wings and hockey fan, so I'll be tuning in just like any other season.

bringit.jpg

#317 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Honestly, I watched tons of hockey between 2001-2004.  After the last lockout, I cut down a lot (not counting Wings games).  I never paid attention to that correlation until recently, but I guess it did affect me somewhat.  

Even hardcore fans are bound to be affected somewhat.  There's other stuff on TV and the internet besides hockey.  I hardly even watched the Finals last year.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#318 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Mediator apparently pulling an all-nighter to try to get #NHL negotiations back on track..

bringit.jpg

#319 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

This article nails it

http://sports.nation...anger-mistrust/

#320 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

This article nails it

http://sports.nation...anger-mistrust/

Wow.  That article seems COMPLETELY unbiased.