• This topic is locked This topic is locked
384 replies to this topic

#101 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,825 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

There will be no bargaining session tonight. Two sides hope to get together in the morning.

It's not like every day counts here.   

:rolleyes:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#102 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

If and when a new CBA is signed, word on the street is the NHL will make Centre Ice free for the season.

At least I'll get some compensation for being forced to order NBA league pass.

bringit.jpg

#103 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Red Wings sources: Hockey season will be salvaged, Jan. 19 start

http://motorcitymuck...d-jan-19-start/

Players, vendors and employees have been told to expect the season to begin on Jan. 19. One active NHL player confirmed the news with excitement. A Red Wings legend and Hockey Hall Of Famer called friends and colleagues, spreading the news.

I'm guessing Ted Lindsay 

Within the Red Wings organization, the team is preparing to retire Nicklas Lidstrom’s #5 this season. This ceremony has not been officially announced yet, but everyone knew it was just a matter of time. The team has informed product vendors to prepare for Lidstrom’s night.

The team even erected a concourse banner in preparation of the new season.

I'm still cautiously optimistic. This is the NHL we're talking about.

Edited by irishock, 30 December 2012 - 07:08 PM.

bringit.jpg

#104 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,825 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Red Wings sources: Hockey season will be salvaged, Jan. 19 start

http://motorcitymuck...d-jan-19-start/

I'm guessing Ted Lindsay 

I'm still cautiously optimistic. This is the NHL we're talking about.

I remember this cocktease from several weeks ago, and right before the 2005 season was cancelled.  I'll believe it when I see it.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#105 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

This one has a very different feel from 2005 though.

bringit.jpg

#106 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

If and when a new CBA is signed, word on the street is the NHL will make Centre Ice free for the season.

At least I'll get some compensation for being forced to order NBA league pass.

I think the rest of this season and all of next would be a good start...=)

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#107 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I think the rest of this season and all of next would be a good start...=)

We can only hope they go this far.  I would also like to see a 24/7 featuring the playoffs on HBO.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#108 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ahhh, there is relief sweeping over me, but I can't get too excited yet. I was too young to get a feel for how the season went in 1995, but I wonder how a half season will play out. Will the standings end up being flukey or lean toward the teams that had active players in other leagues? This will be interesting.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#109 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Woooo hooooo! Now lets get back to bashing Lebda. Errrr, I mean bashing Hudler. Errr, I mean Holland! Yandle for Smith. Get er done, Kenny.

#110 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I still need to see it confirmed before I'm getting excited. Nobody messes things up better than the NHL.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#111 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

I still need to see it confirmed before I'm getting excited. Nobody messes things up better than the NHL.

At this rate, both leaders need to pull their collective heads out of their asses and make something happen.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#112 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Woooo hooooo! Now lets get back to bashing Lebda. Errrr, I mean bashing Hudler. Errr, I mean Holland! Yandle for Smith. Get er done, Kenny.

You mean Sammy. :)

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#113 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

I was at an AHL game last night and everyone was asking me if I thought there would be a season and if any progress was made.  I told them the season will start on Jan 19th.  They were like, oh, that's official?  So I told them, no, but that's what I'm saying.  Funny thing was I even mentioned how Center Ice would probably be free to bring back some fans.

The writing has been on the wall for the last week.  I would even go as much to say, I guarantee it.  We knew it was going to come down to the wire, and we're here.  Everyone is ready to play, it'll get done.

Edited by rrasco, 31 December 2012 - 12:13 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#114 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337128" data-time="1356930754"><p>
I was at an AHL game last night and everyone was asking me if I thought there would be a season and if any progress was made.  I told them the season will start on Jan 19th.  They were like, oh, that's official?  So I told them, no, but that's what I'm saying.  Funny thing was I even mentioned how Center Ice would probably be free to bring back some fans.<br />
 <br />
The writing has been on the wall for the last week.  I would even go as much to say, I guarantee it.  We knew it was going to come down to the wire, and we're here.  Everyone is ready to play, it'll get done.</p></blockquote>

Man, I hope youre right.

#115 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Me too.

#116 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

I refuse to get my hopes up until its official. All it takes is for The owners or pa's ego to rear its ugly head tomorrow and we will be right back at square one

#117 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

My hopes are not up.  Been there, done that.  I'm just confident a deal will be done.

#118 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Per Dreger...

CBA mtng expected to begin between 1pm - 1:30pm. Players will present counter to NHL.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#119 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

And then the NHL will reject it.  We have two options and two options only:

1) No deal at all, season cancelled. Most likely.

2) Deal is agreed to after two more weeks of strutting and refusal to compromise, but only at 11:59pm on January 14th, or whenever the last second deadline is.

That's how these things are done.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#120 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

My prediction...

NHLPA comes back with a counter offer which Bettman says is unacceptable.  Bettman declares NHLs last offer to be their final one take it or leave it.  Daly says the league has rented a hill in Italy in which they are prepared to die on if Fehr does not accept it.  Fehr responds by saying that the players will not be strongarmed into accepting an unacceptable deal and that it is up to the NHL to bargain in good faith.  Nothing will be done over the next 2 weeks.  The season will be cancelled on January 14th and Bettman will be open to using replacement players.  Former NHLers Chris Chelios and Dominik Hasek will make their returns and a whole new league will be born.  The players will form their own league and call it the SCHL.  The Sidney Crosby Hockey League.  Sid will be allowed to war his full hockey equipment with his baseball cap pulled down to his crotch.  One of the new rules will be a lifetime ban if Sid is hit.  Bettman will go to the media and say that the new replacement players are just as good as the former NHLers.  Fehr will say the SCHL is the best league ever and that there are immediate plans for expansion in the Sahara Desert so long as all the Arabs agree to make whole with 3 million camels.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams