No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Report: If season is saved, Columbus and Winnipeg swap for realignment

Rate this topic

Just caught wind of this:

Have not dug much deeper yet.

Larry Brooks @NYP_Brooksie

Talk within NHL of flipping Winnipeg and Columbus for this year only pending future realignment...

However, I did see this as well. So report, rumor....what's the difference?

Daren Millard@darenmillard

Told the report the Jets and columbus would flip conferences for this year if a season is saved is not true. #nhlsource

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="irishock" data-cid="2336973" data-time="1356739696"><p>

Christ, just relocate that Columbus club to a western city and move us to the East.</p></blockquote>

Seattle super skates

I was having problem with styles on the general discussion page last two days. The WYSIWYG editor is also showing quotes weird too, it's not showing them actually, but to make them work for now paste the text first, highlight it, then hit quote. Then don't touch that area again. Workarounds. LOL.

How many times will Mr. I allow Bettman to screw him until he has had enough? Mr. I IS the mist powerful owner in the NHL and should just have some of his little Greek mobster family members put a hit out on him....

Among the most successful, definitely. Most powerful? It doesn't seem like it.

Jacobs is the chairman of the board of governors and it sounds like he has been in on virtually every negotiating session for the CBA. His primary business is running a concessions company that services 6 NHL teams and several other pro arenas, like Comerica Park, so some NHL owners like Ilitch have extra incentive to play nice with him.

http://www.delawarenorth.com/sportservice-partners.aspx

If I were going to pick the most powerful owner in the NHL, it'd be Jacobs.

Guest Crymson

I laugh at some of the rationale people give for why switching conferences would help Columbus. "They would have more games against bigger teams!" "They'd have Washington and Pittsburgh in town every season!" "More fans from other teams would attend their away games in Columbus!" and so on and so forth, the gist being that organization needs all the help it can get. Of course, none of this would make any difference at all, because what the organization actually needs is to put together a competitive team once in awhile. Of all the teams in existence over the past 15 years, only the Thrashers have matched the Blue Jackets for mediocrity. That organization ended up being moved halfway across the continent to make it competitive. The Jackets need to produce a compelling product or face the same fate.

Among the most successful, definitely. Most powerful? It doesn't seem like it.

Jacobs is the chairman of the board of governors and it sounds like he has been in on virtually every negotiating session for the CBA. His primary business is running a concessions company that services 6 NHL teams and several other pro arenas, like Comerica Park, so some NHL owners like Ilitch have extra incentive to play nice with him.

http://www.delawarenorth.com/sportservice-partners.aspx

If I were going to pick the most powerful owner in the NHL, it'd be Jacobs.

You'd think that if he had that as his primary business, he'd be motivated to get the season going. He's not selling a lot of stale beer and soggy nachos to hockey fans at this point.

You'd think that if he had that as his primary business, he'd be motivated to get the season going. He's not selling a lot of stale beer and soggy nachos to hockey fans at this point.

That's what's so strange about his hawkishness. Those 6 teams are a small piece of his overall business, but it still has to take a good chunk out of it.

:lol: Not to mention Columbus REFUSED to deal Rick Nash to us and chose a team in the OTHER conference....well, ahem, if this happens looks like you just traded your superstar player to a team in the same conference...tee hee. Could have dealt him to Detroit and not worried about him biting you in the ass....dumb ass.

What would make more sense is to move Winnipeg to the Northwest, Minnesota to the Central, and Nashville to the Southeast. Another option could be Winnipeg to the Northwest, Colorado to the Pacific, Dallas to the Central, and Nashville to the Southeast. IF they do have a half-season, they can't honestly expect Winnipeg to play in the East again... there's no sensible way to send the rest of the teams to the 'Peg unless they go there for 2 games at a time, college-style.

Edited by joshy207

Guest irishock
:lol: Not to mention Columbus REFUSED to deal Rick Nash to us and chose a team in the OTHER conference....well, ahem, if this happens looks like you just traded your superstar player to a team in the same conference...tee hee. Could have dealt him to Detroit and not worried about him biting you in the ass....dumb ass.

wtf type of problem do they have with the Wings anyways?

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GoWings1905" data-cid="2337059" data-time="1356837857"><p>

To be fair, the Rangers always had far more to offer than the Red Wings. Don't think the Blue Jackets ultimately got enough in exchange, but the price would have been higher for Detroit anyways.</p></blockquote>

I think Nash is on his way down. Rather see someone younger if we are going to have to give up a lot.