• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest RedWingsDad

Which players will get bought out?

Rate this topic

My choice would be Quincey (if we can pick up a decent d-man and a #1-3 dman) and Abdelkader. I like that Mursak and Kindl will be done after this year assuming they do not re-sign him, and I like Colaicovo. He is a solid d-man in his own end works hard and does his job, if (and thats a big IF) he can stay healthy for the majority of the season he could definately be a #3-4 dman for us.

Somehow, this would finally close the circle of madness with Kenny and Quincey. First they drafted him, let him languish in GR, and waived him where he went on to embarrass Holland by coming into his own in Colorado. Next, Holland trades a 1st rounder for him, and then can't resign him, and Quincey files for arbitration. The icing on the cake would be to just buy him out. Yes, it makes complete sense in this context lol.

Somehow, this would finally close the circle of madness with Kenny and Quincey. First they drafted him, let him languish in GR, and waived him where he went on to embarrass Holland by coming into his own in Colorado. Next, Holland trades a 1st rounder for him, and then can't resign him, and Quincey files for arbitration. The icing on the cake would be to just buy him out. Yes, it makes complete sense in this context lol.

Well, when you put it like that...

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ogreslayer" data-cid="2338307" data-time="1357598037"><p>

On the topic of buy-outs but from other teams, wonder if this will force the Islander's hands:<br />

<br />

<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>45]<br />

<br />

<br />

<a href='https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday'><span style='color: #000080'><strong class='bbc'>Arthur Staple</strong>‏<del class='bbc'>@</del><strong class='bbc'>StapeNewsday</strong></span></a><br />

</p>

<a href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Isles&src=hash'><del class='bbc'>#</del><strong class='bbc'>Isles</strong></a> news: L. Visnovsky has decided to stay in Slovakia for the rest of the season, via his agent. Statement to come.<br />

<br />

<a href='https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/288408359785345024'>https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/288408359785345024</a></p></blockquote>

Lube job

Trust me I know how ridculous it is, but I never liked trading our 1st round pick for him to begin with. I never really thought he fit our team, and he proved that last year as well. We will see how he does now starting in our training camp, but like I said I thought it was a bad a desperate move by Holland to pick up Quincey last year, and he should just bite the bullet and buy him out if he does not produce. He takes too many penalties, he gives up pucks far too easy, and he doesn't have very much offensive prowess. Close the loop

Guest RedWingsDad
Trust me I know how ridculous it is, but I never liked trading our 1st round pick for him to begin with. I never really thought he fit our team, and he proved that last year as well. We will see how he does now starting in our training camp, but like I said I thought it was a bad a desperate move by Holland to pick up Quincey last year, and he should just bite the bullet and buy him out if he does not produce. He takes too many penalties, he gives up pucks far too easy, and he doesn't have very much offensive prowess. Close the loop

I never really liked Quincy either, but it's not necessarily because of his play... there's just something about his face... it bothers me. That aside, I am interested to see what he can do for a full-ish season with the Wings, perhaps he can find a rhythm. If he flops this season I can see Holland looking at buying him out.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RedWingsDad" data-cid="2338761" data-time="1357735979"><p>

<br />

I never really liked Quincy either, but it's not necessarily because of his play... there's just something about his face... it bothers me. That aside, I am interested to see what he can do for a full-ish season with the Wings, perhaps he can find a rhythm. If he flops this season I can see Holland looking at buying him out.</p></blockquote>

Quincey will be fine

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RedWingsDad" data-cid="2338761" data-time="1357735979"><p>

<br />

I never really liked Quincy either, but it's not necessarily because of his play... there's just something about his face... it bothers me. That aside, I am interested to see what he can do for a full-ish season with the Wings, perhaps he can find a rhythm. If he flops this season I can see Holland looking at buying him out.</p></blockquote>

Quincey will be fine

ya, we can use a water boy

Quincey was not good for us, don't get me wrong. But if the worst we get is a physical defenseman that in a bad year put up numbers close to or better than Visnovsky, Eric Johnson, Corvo, Fowler, Bouwmeester, Zidlicky, and Hedman who are all top 4 defenseman at the very least then I don't see him getting bought out. It's ludicrous that someone believes Quincey doesn't have any offensive prowess.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339252" data-time="1357922911"><p>

Hopefully The Wiz so we can sign him for something a little bit more Ken Holland's speed and toughen up that d core.</p></blockquote>

I would like to see some younger guys.

Ok. Franzen haters, I hate to burst your bubble but the Mule will NOT be bought out. When I guy is bought out, you still have to pay him like 2/3's of his salary. It would make no sense to buy out somebody that you could trade. No way in hell they buy out OR trade the mule.

No, it doesn't seem nearly that unlikely. I think he's a good candidate and it would help us but we won't buy him out because we don't do that to our players unless they really ask for it. It's not our style to pull a stunt like that and maintaining a good relationship is what's made us an appealing team to join. But really, his 3.9 mil could help us and I definitely wouldn't be surprised if we attempted to rid ourselves of him if he plays as lazy as he has the last couple years, and we know we need that money for something else.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Guest blueadams

We'd better hope a really great defenseman gets bought out. Is Pronger healthy enough to go? Seems like a sure-fire candidate.

I thought this discussion deserves it's own topic. Which players will get bought out if buying out a players contract is a provision in the next CBA?

I'll start with what I think is an obvious one:

Luongo (Vancouver)

_

Well documented that Luongo is willing to leave Vancouver and that they are also willing to part with him.

In the theme of Dipietro's awful contract, the Isles are going with Nabokov as the starter for the home opener. Even though it's one of those brief periods where Dipietro isn't injured.

Only 9 more years on the deal!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/8859735/evgeni-nabokov-not-rick-dipietro-gets-start-new-york-islanders

Ok. Franzen haters, I hate to burst your bubble but the Mule will NOT be bought out. When I guy is bought out, you still have to pay him like 2/3's of his salary. It would make no sense to buy out somebody that you could trade. No way in hell they buy out OR trade the mule.

Who else are we going to trade for a descent defenseman? Really? It sucks to lose offense when your offense isn't the best to begin with, but we can stand to lose guys up front when we have a defense as weak as ours is now. Who's expendable and has value outside of Franzen and Flip, who has far less value now as he's on the last year of a contract? I think it's foolish to think he'll be bought out too, but I think it's very unlikely at this point that he isn't a prime trade candidate.

Guest Johnz96
Holland JUST signed Colaiacovo, Tootoo, Sammy, Monster, Brunner, and re-signed Bert. If Brunner doesn't pan out his contract will be done at years end anyways. Bertuzzi won't be bought out unless he completely tanks this season. Sammy and Colaiacovo would really have to screw up to get bought out right after being signed, along with Monster. Tootoo just needs to get under the other teams skin to stay on our team. My choice would be Quincey (if we can pick up a decent d-man and a #1-3 dman) and Abdelkader. I like that Mursak and Kindl will be done after this year assuming they do not re-sign him, and I like Colaicovo. He is a solid d-man in his own end works hard and does his job, if (and thats a big IF) he can stay healthy for the majority of the season he could definately be a #3-4 dman for us.

Quincey is a lot better than Colaiacovo

Quincey is a lot better than Colaiacovo

You must have missed Saturdays game, and all the games Quincey played for us last year. Quincey is not worth the shirt on his back. Colaiacovo however looked good Saturday, and is a solid defemseman

The wings have 1 in #55 and possably a 2nd in young Smith that are top 1 to 3 D guys. The rest im afraid are 5/6 at best. When you have the last overall pick on your top pairing something aint right. No dis to Big E but thats just as it is. Guys are filling wholes at present and the sooner we can get in a young top 2 guy the better. Its not going to help long term by getting a vet D in to help out wholl be gone in a couple of years.