• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
spartansbleedgreen

denied cancellation and refund for season tickets

Rate this topic

Any other season ticket holders out there that have requested to cancel their season tickets and requested a refund in order to protest the lockout? I spoke with a representative and then escalated my call to Molly who dismissed my request just the same. I think it is time to seek legal representation and pursue this that way. Anyone think we could get enough plaintiffs for a class action suit?

I didn't come to this decision lightly. I'm not by any means a casual fan but I'm done. I'm walking away once and for all. This league doesn't deserve my hard earned money as long as it is under it's current leadership.

This all may be a mute point in a couple of weeks which would satisfy me entirely and allow me to move on.

Guest RedWingsDad
Any other season ticket holders out there that have requested to cancel their season tickets and requested a refund in order to protest the lockout? I spoke with a representative and then escalated my call to Molly who dismissed my request just the same. I think it is time to seek legal representation and pursue this that way. Anyone think we could get enough plaintiffs for a class action suit?

I didn't come to this decision lightly. I'm not by any means a casual fan but I'm done. I'm walking away once and for all. This league doesn't deserve my hard earned money as long as it is under it's current leadership.

This all may be a mute point in a couple of weeks which would satisfy me entirely and allow me to move on.

Does JLA have a documented policy for refunds of season tickets? Does it cover the event of a lockout? I agree you should get a refund in the event of a lockout, but it would be useful to know their official position.

Here's what the Red Wings site has to say about it:

(I found it by hovering over tickets and looking at the bottom of the column. It's under work stoppage policy or some such thing.)

As you are aware, the current NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement has expired and the Red Wings first two preseason games have been cancelled. Based on this information, we’d like you to be aware of your rebate/refund options as a season ticket holder who is paid in full for the 2012-13 season.

Option 1A:
Choose Option 1A if you want to keep your money on account with the Red Wings until hockey resumes. For cancelled and non-rescheduled games you will receive a 3% rebate on what you paid per ticket, plus any parking passes or CC Olympia Club memberships purchased. This rebate will remain on your account and can be applied towards the purchase of 2013 Red Wings Playoff tickets or 2013-14 season tickets and will be calculated at an annual percentage rate that begins to accrue on September 27th, the date of the first scheduled preseason game.

Option 1B:
Choose Option 1B if you would like to receive a refund for the cancelled and non-rescheduled games. In this instance, you will receive the refund (check if you paid by check; credit card if you paid by credit card) within ten business days of the new schedule announcement. For cancelled and non-rescheduled games you will receive an additional 1% refund on what you paid per ticket, plus any parking passes or CC Olympia Club memberships purchased. The refund will be calculated at an annual percentage rate and begin to accrue on September 27th, the date of the first scheduled preseason game.

Please confirm your preferred option (1A or 1B) by contacting your Ticket Service Executive at 313-396-7575 before September 30th, 2012. If we do not receive your selection, we will assume that your preference is Option 1A.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Thank you for your support of the Detroit Red Wings.

I'll let the lawyers amongst us sort it out and translate it into human.

Paging GMR. Please report to General Discussion. Thank you.

Guest RedWingsDad
Here's what the Red Wings site has to say about it:

(I found it by hovering over tickets and looking at the bottom of the column. It's under work stoppage policy or some such thing.)

I'll let the lawyers amongst us sort it out and translate it into human.

Paging GMR. Please report to General Discussion. Thank you.

Sounds like you can only get a refund for cancelled or re-scheduled games. If you wait until they officially cancel the season you can get your full refund no problems?

Edited by RedWingsDad

Sounds like you can only get a refund for cancelled or re-scheduled games. If you wait until they officially cancel the season you can get your full refund no problems?

Kind of sounds to me like you had until Sept 30 for that option, and now it is only good as credit for the future, but that's why I asked the lawyers to step in.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="55fan" data-cid="2337611" data-time="1357333415"><p>

Kind of sounds to me like you had until Sept 30 for that option, and now it is only good as credit for the future, but that's why I asked the lawyers to step in.</p></blockquote>

Bettman is a lawyer.