• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest irishock

NHL, NHLPA reach tentative agreement on new CBA

Rate this topic

I still am stunned. Last night was just a nightmare roller-coaster. Every single reporter said "deal unlikely", "meetings slow, little progress", and then the meetings never seemed to end. Then all the cautious optimism became legit optimism at around 3-4 AM when we realized that there must be significant progress going on. BAM, everybody tweets: deal done. HFBoards absolutely explodes.

They've done some damage but in the end the owners have come to their senses and made their fair share of compromises after the players were giving the entire time.

once it reached 3am and they were going on 14-15 hours straight of talking, i knew that a deal would be reached when i woke up today. you don't talk for that long into the night if you don't feel like a deal is within reach

NHL Center Ice should be free for this season. Would be a nice thing for the fans but I highly doubt it happens.

i think it's more likely that the gamecenter will be free. not sure how the center ice thing would work with all the different cable providers

These crybabies have no clue how many people they have impacted whining about who gets the bigger piece of their multi-million dollar pie. How about the employees that didn't work during the lockout? Not one mention of them by the league or the players.

This lockout has displayed their true colors. The NHL is nothing but a corporation that will put anyone and everyone at risk to ensure that they make as large a profit as possible. The blatant disregard for the fans and the hourly employees is both offending and intolerable.

What a magical last-minute deal to ensure that they can continue to pocket their millions. They didn't do it for the fans, they did it because they were feeling increased pressure from their corporate sponsors to get a deal done.

"Thank You Fans!"

So what. Bettman is still there. Everything is basically the same with a band-aid slapped on top. Even the Sochi Olympics debacle hasn't even been taken care of. And I see nothing about realignment.

I'm with the movement of fans that are boycotting game #1.

i think it's more likely that the gamecenter will be free. not sure how the center ice thing would work with all the different cable providers

I tend to agree - though i hope it would extend to the Xbox and PS3 apps as well. It would wind up being a bit of a win-win. You sign up so they have info about you but don't charge you this year whilst still being made to look like they are giving back to the Fans. It's a PR winner.

Edited by metalkorn

Well, life goes on the same for me here, unless Versus/NBC picks up a lot of Wings games, or someone re-establishes a stream like Drum's. I have tickets to local hockey, thinking I might see a Wing or two (like Nyquist) in March here, but now that isn't happening. I really don't expect "free" Center Ice here, since they won't even add NHL Network to our local cable -- since "no one" wants to see hockey here, according to Time Warner Cable. :sleepy:

So. Great news for all of you in Detroit who still plan to go to games, and better news for those local folks in Motown who have their jobs back, as well.

No one's excited to see Tootoo? ;)

Just a thought I had: I know that this is nearly impossible to get organized, but what if no fans showed up to the first home game for every team? It would get everyone's attention that the fans are the real bosses.

People have been talking about this they were discussing it on TSN but unless people picket arenas some people will show up. In reality it won't happen... though it will happen in Nashville and Phoenix even without a lockout :)

Guest irishock

I'd boycott some games if they cancelled 2012-13 entirely. I'm too big of a puckhead to boycott a shortened sked though.

Guest irishock

If season is 48 games, expect teams will play 3 games outside division and unbalanced within: 4 games vs. two teams, 5 games vs. two teams

Pushed for now; PA consents RT "@DunkTheRunk: Eric didn't hear about realignment. what's happening with that? Does it go to a vote by PA?

those asking, Bill Daly confirmed you CANT use the compliance buyouts on players who have LTIR status, such as Chris Pronger.

#NHLPA is drafting a 30 page memorandum of understanding detailing main points of deal for players to review before voting

The #NHL would like to have a schedule out by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Don't forget they've got a lot of work to do to sell tix.

With this whole CBA mess I forgot he was even on the team.

I had that epiphany this morning about Quincey.

Read this regarding free center ice: http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/6/3843108/why-free-center-ice-simply-cant-happen/in/3605895

Well, life goes on the same for me here, unless Versus/NBC picks up a lot of Wings games, or someone re-establishes a stream like Drum's. I have tickets to local hockey, thinking I might see a Wing or two (like Nyquist) in March here, but now that isn't happening. I really don't expect "free" Center Ice here, since they won't even add NHL Network to our local cable -- since "no one" wants to see hockey here, according to Time Warner Cable. :sleepy:

So. Great news for all of you in Detroit who still plan to go to games, and better news for those local folks in Motown who have their jobs back, as well.

No one's excited to see Tootoo? ;)

Switch to DirecTV. You'll thank me later.

I'm excited to see Brunner and Tootoo. And some young guns to carry some weight.

Guest Playmaker

I think Tootoo was a horrible signing. He's not tough, he's just annoying and takes horrible penalties at inopportune times. Not to mention, who knows what his personal situation is.

I think Tootoo was a horrible signing. He's not tough, he's just annoying and takes horrible penalties at inopportune times. Not to mention, who knows what his personal situation is.

His personal situation is much better, i think he has now been sober for 2 years so his attitude has turned around. I think he knows where he stands that the Wings offered what you could liken to a lifeline and he will have to compete for his spot.

Please don't go running back! Stand up for yourselfs and show Bettman and Fehr we won't put up with their crap any longer! Full areans will only give leadership the financial support that what they did to us was right, and we'll probably see another lockout in 8 years.

This is your entertainment dollars we're talking about! Show them what they did to us was wrong!