• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest irishock

NHL, NHLPA reach tentative agreement on new CBA

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

I think it's safe to say Fehr is retiring after this one. He was going to retire after leaving MLBPA 3 years ago but pulled a Forsberg and came back. Bettman should be done as well by the time the CBA expires.

Guest RedWingsDad
Wait a second.

Does this mean we actually get to discuss HOCKEY now, instead of who's fault the lockout/economic situation is? I'm confused.

Yeah for real, but no need to discuss that anymore because we a ALL know who's fault it was.... ;)

I joke...

So happy to be watching hockey again in a few weeks, and am also eager to start digesting the hockey news coming out of the training camps. WOO HOO

Wasn't everyone doing the exact opposite to this when they dropped a ton of channels because they refused to pay for them?

You mean when FSN wanted more money? Fox does that to every service provider. When it was Direct's turn, they settled the day before the channel was being 86'd. They tried to do it to Time Warner the year before, when I was a TWC subscriber. DTV has FSDHD, TWC does not have FSD at all. No brainer for me.

I meant more about when every other cable provider paid for the Viacom channels DirecTV chose not to and customers started leaving in droves.

That's probably been dealt with now, no idea I'm in Canada.

Guest irishock

NHL Board meeting to ratify CBA will be in NYC on Tuesday at the earliest, Wednesday at the latest.

So sounds like Jan 15th start date is likely. Training camps take place immediately after ratification.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames

Spoke with Red Wings F Pavel Datsyuk's agent, Gary Greenstin, said Datsyuk will return to Detroit when they know when training camp starts.

Edited by irishock

Lie to him and tell him it starts tomorrow. And for all that is good in this world DO NOT let him fly any Russian airlines!!! Send Redbird to get him.

Junior teams seemed to make it back just fine.

Guest irishock

Retire his jersey 2nd home game.

NHL is proposing April 5 trade deadline regardless of start date. But NHLPA and NHL still haven't agreed on critical dates. So we'll see ...

Told NHLPA plan is to get CBA deal in summary form into the hands of the membership in the next 24 hrs. #TSN

Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN

#CBA In light of tentative CBA agreement, court proceeding between NHL, NHLPA scheduled for tmrw morning has since been adjourned

Honestly I am glad it's over, but this half-season will have a strong stench on it. A part of me would've been willing to do without hockey for the season if it meant a good housecleaning all around on the NHL and NHLPA leadership.

I feel the same also because of the big **asterisk** next to the season and stats. I had prepared myself for no hockey because a shortened season isn't a "real" season (In my opinion).

Guest RedWingsDad
Well, life goes on the same for me here, unless Versus/NBC picks up a lot of Wings games, or someone re-establishes a stream like Drum's. I have tickets to local hockey, thinking I might see a Wing or two (like Nyquist) in March here, but now that isn't happening. I really don't expect "free" Center Ice here, since they won't even add NHL Network to our local cable -- since "no one" wants to see hockey here, according to Time Warner Cable. :sleepy:

So. Great news for all of you in Detroit who still plan to go to games, and better news for those local folks in Motown who have their jobs back, as well.

No one's excited to see Tootoo? ;)

I am very excited to see Tootoo, or rather, to see him show some grit and emotion.... a welcome change on this team of mostly emotionless automatons.

I hope they are staying away from the thank you fans crap. Want to do something for the people you've let down and fans? Give them a freaking paycheque for all the months they've been missing, because you two couldn't decide how to split 3,3 billion $$$$$$$$$ for months and months.

Yes, I am happy we're going to have a season but sour taste is sour taste. I think a lot of credit should go to Beckenbough, one heck of a mediator.

Give something back and make Centerice free at leas t till the playoffs.

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest irishock

NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play

We have the Blues on NBC scheduled for the 20th. Won't be surprised if that gets pushed to the 19th to begin the season, or they could have us against the Blackhawks on 19th and Blues game stays on the 20th. Would be rough start if so.
Edited by irishock

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Barrie" data-cid="2337970" data-time="1357504329"><p>

Please don't go running back! Stand up for yourselfs and show Bettman and Fehr we won't put up with their crap any longer! Full areans will only give leadership the financial support that what they did to us was right, and we'll probably see another lockout in 8 years.<br />

<br />

This is your entertainment dollars we're talking about! Show them what they did to us was wrong!</p></blockquote>

Agreed. They can f uck themselves if they think I'm spending a dime on anything (tickets, merchandise, Center Ice, etc).

I'll still be on LGW to discuss the game and the like. It isn't fair for me to take my anger with this pathetic excuse for a sports league out on a website that isn't affiliated with it. I still love the game of hockey as much as ever, but the NHL can go to hell. I'm not buying a damn thing from them.

I can't wait for the sight of empty arenas.

Guest irishock

Hoping the Vancouver tickets aren't so damn high this season when the Wings come to town.