• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest irishock

NHL, NHLPA reach tentative agreement on new CBA

Rate this topic

OMG, yes, everyone hates the Wings....wahhhh... you mean Pavel slithers and Crosby glides...oh, the humanity...that's clear evidence of the anti Wings agenda! Breaking news...Ken and Mickey say only nice things about the Wings...Alert the media...Olczyk played for the Blackhawks and is paid by them and he is biased towards them???...You're joking...and he said favorable things about the Penguins?...I'm sure the fact he coached them had nothing to do with it...No one ever says one nice things about the Wings, EVER!!! They all hate them...*sob*...Next you're going to tell me Don Cherry favors Canadians...Seriously???

All snotty sarcasm aside, I think people are often too sensitive about some imagined anti-Wings bias.

However, Enzo is an exception. With Olczyk it sounds like they picked a fan from the stands as he goes on about the Wings "subtle interference" and pointing out what should've been penalties called against them. It's one thing to do that when you're the color guy for the Hawks or Pens, but his lack of professionalism on NBC is embarrassing.

And the difference between him and Ken and Mickey is they're doing a local fox sports broadcast. Several of the guys who do the national games have some ties to other teams but manage to set that aside and be relatively objective on NBC. Olczyk is awful.

Guest The Axe

Who's the guy saying "knifed", "waffleboarded", and such? I hated that stupid lingo for a while, but I like it now.

OMG, yes, everyone hates the Wings....wahhhh... you mean Pavel slithers and Crosby glides...oh, the humanity...that's clear evidence of the anti Wings agenda! Breaking news...Ken and Mickey say only nice things about the Wings...Alert the media...Olczyk played for the Blackhawks and is paid by them and he is biased towards them???...You're joking...and he said favorable things about the Penguins?...I'm sure the fact he coached them had nothing to do with it...No one ever says one nice things about the Wings, EVER!!! They all hate them...*sob*...Next you're going to tell me Don Cherry favors Canadians...Seriously???

Wow, talk about putting words in my mouth. All I did was point out two ways in which your post was incorrect, I never said anything about an anti-Wings agenda, all I said is that Olczyk has on many occasions had difficulty hiding his disdain for the Red Wings, and as haroldsnepsts pointed out there is the expectation that a commentator on a national broadcast be able to remain objective. One thing I am certain of, if they ever decided to use Ken and/or Mickey on any national broadcast teams, they would do a much better job than Olczyk, and they both lack the cringe factor or Emrick's high-pitched grating. Just because you disagree doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to their opinions, and your histrionic mock-sobbing adds nothing to the conversation

Edited by McAwesome

My father is one of these guys who thinks there's some league wide conspiracy against the Wings, from Gary Bettman, to the referees, to the commentators. At least a couple times a season I have to remind him that we're the winningest team in the last 2 decades. If there is indeed a giant conspiracy against the Wings, it's the least successful conspiracy of all time.

Harold and McA, you took the words out of my mouth so I won't repeat a point already made.

My father is one of these guys who thinks there's some league wide conspiracy against the Wings, from Gary Bettman, to the referees, to the commentators. At least a couple times a season I have to remind him that we're the winningest team in the last 2 decades. If there is indeed a giant conspiracy against the Wings, it's the least successful conspiracy of all time.

That's pretty damn funny.

I likely won't be seeing any games this year. First off, I'm not so eager to give these guys my hard earned money at the moment. Especially since seats are so expensive.

Plus, my fiancé is a Stars fan, so if I go then she goes, which means double the cost of going, as well as finding a babysitter for our 14 month old.

So, for this season at least, I'll be stuck watching games on the TV, if I even do that.

Guest irishock

Lol, you'd be giving the NHL too much credit if you say they can actually get together and pull off a conspiracy. The NHL isn't rigged, just horribly run.

Guest Playmaker
Wow, talk about putting words in my mouth. All I did was point out two ways in which your post was incorrect, I never said anything about an anti-Wings agenda, all I said is that Olczyk has on many occasions had difficulty hiding his disdain for the Red Wings, and as haroldsnepsts pointed out there is the expectation that a commentator on a national broadcast be able to remain objective. One thing I am certain of, if they ever decided to use Ken and/or Mickey on any national broadcast teams, they would do a much better job than Olczyk, and they both lack the cringe factor or Emrick's high-pitched grating. Just because you disagree doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to their opinions, and your histrionic mock-sobbing adds nothing to the conversation

Sorry, but the whole "Everyone hates the Wings" bit gets really old after a while...When ESPN did the games, they hated the Wings, when Fox did the National broadcast, they hated the Wings...Versus/NBC hates the Wings...The referees hate the Wings, Bettman hates the Wings...for every supposed negative thing they say about the Wings, there's a million positive things...first of all, they're ON the National game quite frequently...They do nothing but drool over Datsyuk and Lidstrom incessantly...well deserved, but not likely fans in other cities see it that way...

I really don't see Olzcyk as being any more biased than any other broadcaster. People hear what they want to hear. Not a big fan of Emrick any more, but in his prime, he was one of the best. Just like Ernie Harwell, he got old and hung around too long, but because they're legends in their field, no one wants to get rid of them.

What no one ever explains is WHY does everyone hate the Wings? What's the motivation for it? They're not that dominant. Three of their players ranked in the top 10 as the most likable and respected. They have one of the best sports owners ever. They're a huge attendance draw on the road and get good ratings. So where's some actual evidence that the networks and the league hate the Wings?

Guest Playmaker

LOL...But, it's true!

Per agreement with the NHL, we will announce results of player vote later today. Discussions to finalize the MOU continue this morning.

It's my expectation some GMs are sitting on trades/signings that are done or close to done and as soon as gun goes off, there'll be activity

Per agreement with the NHL, we will announce results of player vote later today. Discussions to finalize the MOU continue this morning.

It's my expectation some GMs are sitting on trades/signings that are done or close to done and as soon as gun goes off, there'll be activity

Wow!! So exciting. Do the wings have anything in mind??? hmmmmmm =)

I likely won't be seeing any games this year. First off, I'm not so eager to give these guys my hard earned money at the moment. Especially since seats are so expensive.

Plus, my fiancé is a Stars fan, so if I go then she goes, which means double the cost of going, as well as finding a babysitter for our 14 month old.

So, for this season at least, I'll be stuck watching games on the TV, if I even do that.

We need your Star Trek nods in the GDT's!