• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#21 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Im glad, but at the same time pissed off. Half the season gone, no Winter Classic, no AllStar-weekend.. The fans should get free passes to NHL Center Ice ;) 

Btw - what will happen with the WC now? Will it still be Wings Toronto next..? Anyone? 

Posted Image

#22 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

At least NHL should offer Center Ice for FREE for "whole" season.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#23 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

tumblr_m5xo9h5X3E1qgfdhto1_500.gif

I was so hoping this was the news I was going to wake up to!!!!!

Now I expect free Center Ice and Gamecenter Live packages for everyone, NHL.  You owe us, and most of us are still pissed. 

GO WINGS!!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#24 AFwinger

AFwinger

Let's Go Redwings!!!

• Gold Booster
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Finally
GO Wings, GO Blue!

#25 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Im glad, but at the same time pissed off. Half the season gone, no Winter Classic, no AllStar-weekend.. The fans should get free passes to NHL Center Ice ;) 

Btw - what will happen with the WC now? Will it still be Wings Toronto next..? Anyone? 

Well, Bettman "promised" that it would be Wings/Leafs next season.

He also "promised" us a move to the Eastern Conference, so take that for what it's worth. Probably will just end up another Pittsburgh Classic next New Years.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#26 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

I guess welcome back NHL?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#27 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

About time... too bad the damage this did is likely irreversible...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#28 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

I hope to see 1/2 empty arenas for a while.

#29 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Highlights of the deal so far:

- The players' share of hockey-related revenue will drop from 57 percent to a 50-50 split for all 10 years.  
- The league coming off their demand for a $60 million cap in Year 2, meeting the NHLPA's request to have it at $64.3 million - which was the upper limit from last year's cap. The salary floor in Year 2 will be $44 million.
- The upper limit on the salary cap in the first year is $60 million, but teams can spend up to $70.2 million (all pro-rated). The cap floor will be $44 million.
- The 10-year deal also has an opt-out clause that kicks in after eight years.
- Each team will be allowed two amnesty buyouts that can be used to terminate contracts after this season and next season. The buyouts will count against the players' overall share in revenues, but not the team's salary cap.
- The salary variance on contracts from year to year cannot vary more than 35 per cent and the final year cannot vary more than 50 per cent of the highest year.
- A player contract term limit for free agents will be seven years and eight years for a team signing its own player.
- The draft lottery selection process will change with all 14 teams fully eligible for the first overall pick. The weighting system for each team may remain, but four-spot move restriction will be eliminated.
- Supplemental discipline for players in on-ice incidents will go through NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan first, followed by an appeal process that would go through Bettman. For suspensions of six or more games, a neutral third party will decide if necessary.
- Revenue sharing among teams will spread to $200 million. Additionally, an NHLPA-initiated growth fund of $60 million is included.
- Teams can only walk away from a player in salary arbitration if the award is at least $3.5 million.
- The NHL had hoped to change opening of free agency to July 10, but the players stood firm and it remains July 1 in the new agreement. But with a later ending to the season, free agency for this summer will start at a later date.

#30 Foog00

Foog00

Rookie

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Finally, I had given up.

#31 AFwinger

AFwinger

Let's Go Redwings!!!

• Gold Booster
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Finally, but have to think the damage is done. Can't wait to watch me some Wings.
GO Wings, GO Blue!

#32 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Granted, I don't live in Detroit and would gladly forgive the Wings whom I do not blame for the lockout (I blame the proper 8-9 owners Bettman fights so hard for and Mr I ain't one of them). Vanderbeek in NJ however where I see games is another matter. No games for me this year, not supporting the Devils with a ticket another day. I may go to the Rangers but I have issues with games there too (too cramped, too dark, and people wander around far too much during the game). So no NHL for me this year, no more Devils ever. I'll watch Wings games on TV but that is going to be my great "contribution" to this upcoming abortion of a season.

Thanks NHL!

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#33 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Bittersweet, just stoked about seeing our boys back on the ice.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#34 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

HOLD ME!

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#35 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

HOLD ME!

tumblr_m6rituMJZs1qewk24o3_250.gif

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#36 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

So what is the realistic cap situation for NHL teams? Should the Wings be expecting any bargains to hit the market?

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#37 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

The lockout's over?  I'm honestly having a hard time getting excited about it.  I hope the Wings do well, because well.....that's the point, but my enthusiasm is almost completely non-existent.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#38 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

No Winter Classic is indeed a bummer. Remember what happened last time there was a half season folks? :P

#39 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

At least NHL should offer Center Ice for FREE for "whole" season.

Minus NHL Network and NBC Sports of course. And they'll still charge full price for Gamecenter Live.

I don't even have cable anymore anyway.

Meh.

No Winter Classic is indeed a bummer. Remember what happened last time there was a half season folks? :P

A substandard team won the Cup?

Can't wait to see Pittsburgh in the Finals again. Yay.

(Can you tell I'm still apathetic and annoyed?)

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#40 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Totally off-topic, but I love your signature, Kevin.  Even if the league did offer people free Center Ice, I don't have cable in my room (don't even have a TV, more to the point), and the only TV in the house that does have a digital cable hook-up is for family use, so I can't commandeer it to watch hockey. 

That said, if I DID have cable TV.....they'd have to offer it to me for free because there's no way in hell I'm giving the NHL a dime of my money.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor