• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest irishock

NHL, NHLPA reach tentative agreement on new CBA

Rate this topic

We are going to need a lineup refresher thread pretty quick...my 33 year old memory can't remember who plays where anymore.. I was just looking at our D and it's weird not to see # 5 back there but I have this good feeling that the group of guys we have back there could be pretty servicable.

Hurry, somebody wake up Blueadams right now. We need 10 line combo threads....stat!

Have to wonder what a truncated training camp's going to do for the young forwards i.e. Brunner, Nyquist, Mursak, & Emmerton (maybe throw Tatar on that list too) and whether they'll get a fair shake at breaking the lineup coming out of camp or if Babs decides to stick with more seasoned NHL vets. I actually wouldn't be too shocked to see Nyquist remain in GR. Also wonder if Homer calls up Kenny wanting another go given the shortened season. All will be answered soon enough now I guess.

sooo... this is officially a deal now? We're gonna have what... two-three months of hockey before the playoffs? Should be interesting.

I'm happy but not as excited as I thought I would be. I'm mostly still pissed that we missed the Winter Classic. We better get it again next year then since we got screwed.

Edited by wingsgirl001

Can someone explain this a little....

"The upper limit on the salary cap in the first year is $60 million, but teams can spend up to $70.2 million (all pro-rated)."

If the cap's 60 and they can spend up to 70.2.. what's the 10.2 mill for? buying out players? or can they go over the cap that much for the whole year? or...?

how i understand it is that it's basically a one year exception so teams have some time to get down to the cap for next year. so for all pretense and purposes, the cap is $70.2 million for this season. i may be wrong but i think that's how it works

at the end of the this season, teams have the option of buying out 2 players over the next 2 offseasons with their salary being wiped off of the cap.if i was franzen, i would working my ass off this season if he wants to stay with the wings. gotta imagine he is one of the leading candidates to get bought out this upcoming offseason

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckbags" data-cid="2337862" data-time="1357489222"><p>

We are going to need a lineup refresher thread pretty quick...my 33 year old memory can't remember who plays where anymore.. I was just looking at our D and it's weird not to see # 5 back there but I have this good feeling that the group of guys we have back there could be pretty servicable.</p></blockquote>

I'm pretty sure that BlueAdams will be here in no time with line threads including amnesties and any other new changes that will come about w/ the new CBA.

That said, I was as pissed as the next person but I'm elated that this is finally happening. No way is the league going to survive another lost full season. At least we get 50ish games and can watch the Winter Classic in 2014.

how i understand it is that it's basically a one year exception so teams have some time to get down to the cap for next year. so for all pretense and purposes, the cap is $70.2 million for this season. i may be wrong but i think that's how it works

at the end of the this season, teams have the option of buying out 2 players over the next 2 offseasons with their salary being wiped off of the cap.if i was franzen, i would working my ass off this season if he wants to stay with the wings. gotta imagine he is one of the leading candidates to get bought out this upcoming offseason

Given where the Wings are cap-wise for 2013-14 & the amount of young forwards they have ready to contribute, I doubt Kenny uses either of his 2 buy-outs. The bigger question is which UFAs/RFAs come back.

FA's in 2013-14:

Filppula (UFA)

Cleary (UFA)

Brunner (UFA)

Nyquist (RFA)

Miller (UFA)

Mursak (RFA)

White (UFA)

Kindl (RFA)

Smith (RFA)

Howard (UFA)

Edit: Who I think will be back in bold

Edited by ogreslayer

Finding it very hard to get excited right now....

Just out of curiosity, have the players gained anything out of this apart from a reduction in Free Agency age from 27/28 to 25/26? Everything else seems to be pretty much damage limitation. Looks like a decisive win for Bettman from here.

Given where the Wings are cap-wise for 2013-14 & the amount of young forwards they have ready to contribute, I doubt Kenny uses either of his 2 buy-outs. The bigger question is which UFAs/RFAs come back.

FA's in 2013-14:

Filppula (UFA)

Cleary (UFA)

Brunner (UFA)

Nyquist (RFA)

Miller (UFA)

Mursak (RFA)

White (UFA)

Kindl (RFA)

Smith (RFA)

Howard (UFA)

it depends on how well franzen performs imo. if the rumors about holland offering franzen in a trade for rick nash are true, i think he will be willing to buy him out if he doesn't perform. holland would be dumb to pass up the opportunity to get rid of albatross long term contract without any repercussions on a guy who has played like he mentally checked out 2 years ago

Edited by chances14

Wait a second.

Does this mean we actually get to discuss HOCKEY now, instead of who's fault the lockout/economic situation is? I'm confused.

Negative.

This is now the point where we discuss how everyone on the team except Dats and Zetterberg suck and should be traded, bought out, or cut from the team. This is also the point where we discuss how Kenny and the management of the Wings suck a big one and where Detroit is not a destination for free agents because of the aging and out of touch management.

Hockey is only seriously discussed in about 25% of the threads here.

You are right that now we stop discussing who's fault it is.

Glad it's over, mostly because now I can stop policing the lockout thread. :D

Honestly I am glad it's over, but this half-season will have a strong stench on it. A part of me would've been willing to do without hockey for the season if it meant a good housecleaning all around on the NHL and NHLPA leadership.

Right now I'm still bitter and hoping fans stay away for a while and it really hurts a couple franchises. There's still not nearly enough revenue sharing, but I guess the silver lining is we won't have to do this again for 8-10 years instead of 7.

And as is often the case with a short training camp, get ready for a lot of pulled groins those first few weeks. :P

Guest irishock
I'm stunned. I never thought they would pull it off.

I wonder if the 'NHL Center Ice for free' rumor will come true.

I still am stunned. Last night was just a nightmare roller-coaster. Every single reporter said "deal unlikely", "meetings slow, little progress", and then the meetings never seemed to end. Then all the cautious optimism became legit optimism at around 3-4 AM when we realized that there must be significant progress going on. BAM, everybody tweets: deal done. HFBoards absolutely explodes.

They've done some damage but in the end the owners have come to their senses and made their fair share of compromises after the players were giving the entire time.