203 replies to this topic

#41 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

A substandard team won the Cup?

Can't wait to see Pittsburgh in the Finals again. Yay.

(Can you tell I'm still apathetic and annoyed?)

Well maybe. I thought the Wings were the better team but we got owned left and right against the Devils in that series.

And I mean OWNED. I think Scott Stevens had all our forwards constantly looking to see if he was on the ice.

Remember Kozlov's undoing? :P

#42 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yay!  I guess.  Not as excited as I guess I should be.  I hope I'm not the guy who wins 100 mil. dollars and then is bitter because he owes 30 mil in taxes.

Wahoo!

Attached File  wahoo.jpg   7.06KB   2 downloads

#43 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Highlights of the deal so far:

Can someone explain this a little....

"The upper limit on the salary cap in the first year is $60 million, but teams can spend up to $70.2 million (all pro-rated)."

If the cap's 60 and they can spend up to 70.2.. what's the 10.2 mill for? buying out players? or can they go over the cap that much for the whole year? or...? 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#44 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Pasha says "goodbye" to the KHL!

http://www.championa...v/64/64053.html

#45 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm slightly more excited than I thought I'd be, but I'm having a hard time caring. I still feel wronged as a fan from this whole experience, and am bitter about the Winter Classic. I'm sure I'll end up tuning in and rooting for the Wings in time, though.

I certainly hope the call-ups don't derail all the good the Griffins have done this year.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#46 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

I was very angry at first when the lockout started, then it turned to not caring.

Now I'm excited to see hockey. I still hate the fact a lockout had to occur (again), but I'm not going to hold it against the Red Wings organization, nor the players -- the reason we all watch the sport. However, the leadership on both sides of this ordeal needs to be examined (by examined, I mean removed) as they failed miserably.

Can't wait to be back at the Joe! Let's all talk about how Sammy shouldn't be on the point now. :nono:

#47 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

We are going to need a lineup refresher thread pretty quick...my 33 year old memory can't remember who plays where anymore..  I was just looking at our D and it's weird not to see # 5 back there but I have this good feeling that the group of guys we have back there could be pretty servicable.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#48 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

"The upper limit on the salary cap in the first year is $60 million, but teams can spend up to $70.2 million (all pro-rated)."

If the cap's 60 and they can spend up to 70.2.. what's the 10.2 mill for? buying out players? or can they go over the cap that much for the whole year? or...? 

I was thinking the same thing after reading all of the deals made to the media. Anybody know more about this upper limit stuff?

#49 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm slightly more excited than I thought I'd be, but I'm having a hard time caring. I still feel wronged as a fan from this whole experience, and am bitter about the Winter Classic. I'm sure I'll end up tuning in and rooting for the Wings in time, though.

I certainly hope the call-ups don't derail all the good the Griffins have done this year.

This  :(

#50 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

time for a lines thread

#51 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

time for a lines thread

I hear ya..where is blueadams when you need him lol

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#52 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Definitely need a lines thread ASAP.

#53 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

We are going to need a lineup refresher thread pretty quick...my 33 year old memory can't remember who plays where anymore..  I was just looking at our D and it's weird not to see # 5 back there but I have this good feeling that the group of guys we have back there could be pretty servicable.

Hurry, somebody wake up Blueadams right now.  We need 10 line combo threads....stat!

Have to wonder what a truncated training camp's going to do for the young forwards i.e. Brunner, Nyquist, Mursak, & Emmerton (maybe throw Tatar on that list too)  and whether they'll get a fair shake at breaking the lineup coming out of camp or if Babs decides to stick with more seasoned NHL vets.  I actually wouldn't be too shocked to see Nyquist remain in GR.  Also wonder if Homer calls up Kenny wanting another go given the shortened season.  All will be answered soon enough now I guess.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#54 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,750 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

sooo... this is officially a deal now? We're gonna have what... two-three months of hockey before the playoffs? Should be interesting.

I'm happy but not as excited as I thought I would be. I'm mostly still pissed that we missed the Winter Classic. We better get it again next year then since we got screwed.

Edited by wingsgirl001, 06 January 2013 - 11:41 AM.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#55 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Babs on TSN right now..sounds excited but skeptical.  

#56 luvmnger

luvmnger

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

the biggest thing i was worried about....no season would have put brunner on the free market.

the biggest fear about there being a season....no lidas / disco stu.

here we go!

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#57 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

how i understand it is that it's basically a one year exception so teams have some time to get down to the cap for next year. so for all pretense and purposes, the cap is $70.2 million for this season. i may be wrong but i think that's how it works

at the end of the this season, teams have the option of buying out 2 players over the next 2 offseasons with their salary being wiped off of the cap.if i was franzen, i would working my ass off this season if he wants to stay with the wings. gotta imagine he is one of the leading candidates to get bought out this upcoming offseason

#58 drumnj

drumnj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

mlno01.png

Soooo sleepy.....I'm telling you we lost countless hours of beauty sleep over this.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#59 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckbags" data-cid="2337862" data-time="1357489222"><p>
We are going to need a lineup refresher thread pretty quick...my 33 year old memory can't remember who plays where anymore..  I was just looking at our D and it's weird not to see # 5 back there but I have this good feeling that the group of guys we have back there could be pretty servicable.</p></blockquote>

I'm pretty sure that BlueAdams will be here in no time with line threads including amnesties and any other new changes that will come about w/ the new CBA.

That said, I was as pissed as the next person but I'm elated that this is finally happening. No way is the league going to survive another lost full season. At least we get 50ish games and can watch the Winter Classic in 2014.

#60 Jedi

Jedi

Fire and Blood

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Wait a second.

Does this mean we actually get to discuss HOCKEY now, instead of who's fault the lockout/economic situation is? I'm confused.

bdc4.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls..."