• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest irishock

NHL, NHLPA reach tentative agreement on new CBA

Rate this topic

Lost in the shuffle:

Discipline

All on-ice incidents will go directly to NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan for review. After that, an appeal will go directly to commissioner Gary Bettman.

However, a neutral third party can be consulted on suspensions of six games or more at this point. This gives players additional security in that everything will be handled fairly without bias.

If you go through a former player, a commissioner, a neutral party and are still found guilty, you probably did something wrong.

I hope they are staying away from the thank you fans crap. Want to do something for the people you've let down and fans? Give them a freaking paycheque for all the months they've been missing, because you two couldn't decide how to split 3,3 billion $$$$$$$$$ for months and months.

Yes, I am happy we're going to have a season but sour taste is sour taste. I think a lot of credit should go to Beckenbough, one heck of a mediator.

Give something back and make Centerice free at leas t till the playoffs.

The playoffs aren't on Center Ice anymore. The NBC Sports networks cover all the games now. DirecTV has already stated that they will adjust the price accordingly based on if/when the deal got done. I expect a prorated bill around $85-$100 for the season.

The playoffs aren't on Center Ice anymore. The NBC Sports networks cover all the games now. DirecTV has already stated that they will adjust the price accordingly based on if/when the deal got done. I expect a prorated bill around $85-$100 for the season.

I thought I saw somewhere that Center ice would be free. Was that just a false rumor?

I don't remember if this was posted yet, but here's a neat video by TSN the morning the lockout ended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPbuCwcB-k

I have been kind of wary about how I would feel about the season once started, and watching that first half of the video made me feel even more upset at the fact that they couldn't come to an agreement sooner, then the second half came and I nearly jumped out of my seat. I just remembered why I love hockey so much and can't wait for hockey again... LETS GO WINGS!!

EDIT: LOVED the huge hit by White at the end!

Edited by Euro_Twins

OK, a little review of the critical path: NHL B of G will have CBA ratification vote this afternoon. Simple majority (16) req'd for approval

NHLPA ratification vote tentatively set for Thurs/Fri, with entire process hopefully complete by Saturday.

The Memorandum of Understanding between NHL and NHLPA is not expected to completed and signed off on by both sides until Saturday.

If all goes well and according to plan, training camps will open Sunday Jan. 13 and 48-game season would open on Sat Jan. 19.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="vladdy16" data-cid="2338821" data-time="1357752593"><p>

<a href='

'>
</a><br />

<br />

This was funny. "The KHL is SO much better. Did you see that backcheck by Semin?"</p></blockquote>

I just recently started knitting??? That is family!!!!

Updates from Board of Governors vote:

Source: vote was 30-0

Bettman apologizes for the lockout. "I'm sorry."

NHL and NHLPA still haven't completed drafting CBA Memo of Understanding. Haven't signed off yet on trade deadline, free agency for this yr

Asked Bettman about his future during the newser and he made it clear he's not planning on going anywhere...

He read letters, the blogs, the tweets.....LOL. He better have someone else present the cup this year. I think we will have a new standard for booing.

I think we all have a new incentive for Detroit to win the Cup on home ice this year just to see what the fans will do to Bettman.

Guest irishock

Give him an ovation so he can consider retirement. He'll come back if you boo him.