• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#121 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm seriously surprised it got done but uber-excited.  I don't know what I would've done once the Football season ended.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#122 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

I hope they are staying away from the thank you fans crap. Want to do something for the people you've let down and fans? Give them a freaking paycheque for all the months they've been missing, because  you two couldn't decide how to split 3,3 billion $$$$$$$$$  for months and months.

Yes, I am happy we're going to have a season but sour taste is sour taste. I think a lot of credit should go to Beckenbough, one heck of a mediator.

Give something back and make Centerice free at leas t till the playoffs.

Edited by frankgrimes, 06 January 2013 - 09:47 PM.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#123 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play

We have the Blues on NBC scheduled for the 20th. Won't be surprised if that gets pushed to the 19th to begin the season, or they could have us against the Blackhawks on 19th and Blues game stays on the 20th. Would be rough start if so.

Edited by irishock, 06 January 2013 - 10:45 PM.

bringit.jpg

#124 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play

Love that statement..shouldn't everything go fast now after blowing have a season? lol

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#125 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Barrie" data-cid="2337970" data-time="1357504329"><p>
Please don't go running back! Stand up for yourselfs and show Bettman and Fehr we won't put up with their crap any longer! Full areans will only give leadership the financial support that what they did to us was right, and we'll probably see another lockout in 8 years.<br />
 <br />
This is your entertainment dollars we're talking about! Show them what they did to us was wrong!</p></blockquote>
Agreed. They can f uck themselves if they think I'm spending a dime on anything (tickets, merchandise, Center Ice, etc).

I'll still be on LGW to discuss the game and the like. It isn't fair for me to take my anger with this pathetic excuse for a sports league out on a website that isn't affiliated with it. I still love the game of hockey as much as ever, but the NHL can go to hell. I'm not buying a damn thing from them.

I can't wait for the sight of empty arenas.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#126 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hoping the Vancouver tickets aren't so damn high this season when the Wings come to town.

bringit.jpg

#127 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Lost in the shuffle:

Discipline

All on-ice incidents will go directly to NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan for review. After that, an appeal will go directly to commissioner Gary Bettman.

However, a neutral third party can be consulted on suspensions of six games or more at this point. This gives players additional security in that everything will be handled fairly without bias.

If you go through a former player, a commissioner, a neutral party and are still found guilty, you probably did something wrong.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#128 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

I hope they are staying away from the thank you fans crap. Want to do something for the people you've let down and fans? Give them a freaking paycheque for all the months they've been missing, because  you two couldn't decide how to split 3,3 billion $$$$$$$$$  for months and months.

Yes, I am happy we're going to have a season but sour taste is sour taste. I think a lot of credit should go to Beckenbough, one heck of a mediator.

Give something back and make Centerice free at leas t till the playoffs.

The playoffs aren't on Center Ice anymore.  The NBC Sports networks cover all the games now.  DirecTV has already stated that they will adjust the price accordingly based on if/when the deal got done.  I expect a prorated bill around $85-$100 for the season.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#129 chuckdee

chuckdee

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

About effin' time!!

#130 Tim.D

Tim.D

LGW Media Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I don't remember if this was posted yet, but here's a neat video by TSN the morning the lockout ended. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPbuCwcB-k

#131 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

cant wait!!!
im so excited!
DROP THE PUCK ALREADY!!

#132 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

1) Sochi 2014 was not finalized.

2) Expanded rosters to begin with are a distinct possibility, with teams are only inviting about half as many players as usual.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#133 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

The playoffs aren't on Center Ice anymore.  The NBC Sports networks cover all the games now.  DirecTV has already stated that they will adjust the price accordingly based on if/when the deal got done.  I expect a prorated bill around $85-$100 for the season.

I thought I saw somewhere that Center ice would be free. Was that just a false rumor?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#134 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I don't remember if this was posted yet, but here's a neat video by TSN the morning the lockout ended.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPbuCwcB-k

I have been kind of wary about how I would feel about the season once started, and watching that first half of the video made me feel even more upset at the fact that they couldn't come to an agreement sooner, then the second half came and I nearly jumped out of my seat. I just remembered why I love hockey so much and can't wait for hockey again... LETS GO WINGS!!

EDIT: LOVED the huge hit by White at the end!

Edited by Euro_Twins, 08 January 2013 - 01:18 PM.

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#135 barciur

barciur

Hockey newbie

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

I am excited to get my first season as a Wings fan underway :lol:

#136 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

I am excited to get my first season as a Wings fan underway :lol:

What made you join the dark side? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#137 barciur

barciur

Hockey newbie

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

A friend of mine.. I am pretty new to hockey overall.

To not get this thread OT, here's more details if you're interested ;) http://www.letsgowin...an-need-advice/

#138 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

New GDT format for this year. You guys will like it. :thumbup: 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#139 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,555 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

OK, a little review of the critical path: NHL B of G will have CBA ratification vote this afternoon. Simple majority (16) req'd for approval                    

NHLPA ratification vote tentatively set for Thurs/Fri, with entire process hopefully complete by Saturday.                    

The Memorandum of Understanding between NHL and NHLPA is not expected to completed and signed off on by both sides until Saturday.                    

If all goes well and according to plan, training camps will open Sunday Jan. 13 and 48-game season would open on Sat Jan. 19.                    

#140 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

This was funny.  "The KHL is SO much better.  Did you see that backcheck by Semin?"

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011