• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#161 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

So it's bad to say you are sorry but it's fine for Fehr not to say anything? :confused:

Are you a robot?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#162 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Are you a robot?

oh boy..the name calling starts back up just because I don't join in the masses blaming everything on Bettman....and getting pissed off when he says he's sorry for the lockout. If he didn't say anything then you would have people complaining about that. Oh well...This is what LGW has turned into. Everything is Bettmans fault. Makes for a great place to post I tell you what.

Now I'm a robot....wow.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#163 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

hundreds of pages of this crap wasn't enough for you guys? 

The lockout is over.  If you want to continue the same argument you've been having with each other for months now, take it to PMs.  

#164 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Nah..Don't think taking it to PM is such a good idea. I'll stop here. It just seems a little one sided when it's fine to talk at lengths on how Bettman sucks,how he screwed the NHL,fans,players, and our dogs but when someone says something otherwise how fehr and the nhlpa should be in the same hate boat  the name calling starts and that's when we get warnings.  I think seeing 1000's  posts on how Bettman has screwed everyone and it's all his fault when we should all know and understand Bettman is just a puppet of the owners has gone on long enough as well but that's just me.

Again I'll stop here. and move on to talking about hockey and just let all of the Bettman hate pass on by from now on.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#165 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Are you a robot?

The personal insults of "Are you a Robot?" also do not help matters.  Agree to disagree really is the right approach.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#166 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with Pierre. When he isn't slobbering over Sid, he can actually be a pretty decent commentator. 

Me neither.  He's pretty dang knowledgeable, no matter how creepy he is.  He's not as bad as say...Edzo.  Anyone remember that game against Chicago?  I'm pretty sure it was that OT winner Pasha banked off of their guy in front of the net...when Edzo was all like "SIGH, Wing's win".

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#167 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

To clarify, my saying take it to PMs does not mean "everyone chime in with their last word."

It means either kindly get back on topic, kindly take the Bettman-Fehr blame game to PMs, or kindly STFU.

(Not directed at you rrasco. Your post just snuck in before mine)

#168 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sam Carchidi, Flyers beat writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that the trade deadline will be April 9th.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#169 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Sam Carchidi, Flyers beat writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that the trade deadline will be April 9th.

At this point, I am looking forward to the schedule.  48 games probably means games every other day.  Trade deadline April 9th probably means the regular season will go until the end of April.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#170 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Everyone is reporting April 3rd for the trade deadline, including Sam Carchidi.  Maybe he changed it.

The season will indeed run until the end of April.  According to mlive the Wings will start Jan 19th on the road in St. Louis.  The home opener will be Jan 22nd against Dallas and their last game of the season is April 27th in Dallas (I know where I will be that day; Jedi, you going?).

UPDATE: Just checking that article again, they don't mention the game in Dallas on the 27th anymore.  The article did mention earlier the schedule was still tentative as it has already changed three times this week.  This is the from the current version of the article.  Maybe that already changed since it was posted.

The Red Wings will open the season Jan. 19 in St. Louis and play two days later in Columbus. They are scheduled to open at home Jan. 22 against Dallas. Holland, however, said the home opener wasn't official as of Friday afternoon.

Edited by rrasco, 11 January 2013 - 07:03 PM.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#171 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Me neither.  He's pretty dang knowledgeable, no matter how creepy he is.  He's not as bad as say...Edzo.  Anyone remember that game against Chicago?  I'm pretty sure it was that OT winner Pasha banked off of their guy in front of the net...when Edzo was all like "SIGH, Wing's win".

FWIW, it's Enzo, not Edzo...I'll take Eddie over Pierre Maguire any day...and can we please quit with the Anti Wings bias...ugh...NBC and every other network are pro story line and pro ratings...They couldn't give a rats ass about anything else...Of course former players will have a special affinity for teams they played for...Well, except for Mickey Redmond of course...

#172 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Dear Red Wings Fans,

In our now 30 years of owning the Red Wings franchise, we have experienced many ups and downs. No situation is more frustrating, though, than working through the process of establishing a new collective bargaining agreement. We join the rest of our organization today in thanking fans of Hockeytown for your patience over the last few months.

We are sorry for the delay in starting the season and the unfortunate public nature of the negotiations. Thankfully, with this new deal, we will be assured of a settled labor environment for many years to come.

We recognize that no team excels like this one has without incredible fan support. And we understand the special bond that has been formed over the years: we do not take lightly our responsibility as owners.

Thank you for being a part of our team. We look forward to delivering another memorable season of Red Wings hockey.

Sincerely,
mm_sig_small.jpg
Marian & Mike Ilitch whitepix.png
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#173 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

FWIW, it's Enzo, not Edzo...I'll take Eddie over Pierre Maguire any day...and can we please quit with the Anti Wings bias...ugh...NBC and every other network are pro story line and pro ratings...They couldn't give a rats ass about anything else...Of course former players will have a special affinity for teams they played for...Well, except for Mickey Redmond of course...

You sure about that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Olczyk

http://blackhawks.nh...s.htm?id=643520

http://kuklaskorner....zyk_become_edzo

http://www.csnchicag...raises-edzo.htm

This is all I could find about an Enzo.  And he definitely doesn't like the Wings.  Just saying, I'd rather not listen to him.  In fact, I'd rather not listen to either of them.  Give me Ken and Mick any day.

At Emrick's side is Eddie Olczyk, whom the rest of the crew calls "Ed-zo," or something sounding like "Enzo (the baker from Godfather Uno)."

http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.326628

#174 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

In all the years I've had to put up with the Versus/NBC gruesome twosome, I've never once heard anyone refer to Eddie Olczyk as "Enzo", it is definitely Edzo, as in the first two letters of his name followed by ZO.  Say what you want about whether NBC in general has an anti-Wings bias, even non-hockey fans that have watched games with me have pointed out how negative Edzo is whenever he mentions the Red Wings organization or any of it's players, if I had a nickel for every "subtle interference" that I heard in the 08 and 09 playoff runs, I could retire now.

Edited by McAwesome, 11 January 2013 - 07:33 PM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#175 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Everyone is reporting April 3rd for the trade deadline, including Sam Carchidi.  Maybe he changed it.

The season will indeed run until the end of April.  According to mlive the Wings will start Jan 19th on the road in St. Louis.  The home opener will be Jan 22nd against Dallas and their last game of the season is April 27th in Dallas (I know where I will be that day; Jedi, you going?).

UPDATE: Just checking that article again, they don't mention the game in Dallas on the 27th anymore.  The article did mention earlier the schedule was still tentative as it has already changed three times this week.  This is the from the current version of the article.  Maybe that already changed since it was posted.

Let me know. Not sure if you guys would want anyone like me to join you but I'm here in Round Rock. I have a buddy that's a Dallas fan now so maybe he would go as well. 

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#176 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

In all the years I've had to put up with the Versus/NBC gruesome twosome, I've never once heard anyone refer to Eddie Olczyk as "Enzo", it is definitely Edzo, as in the first two letters of his name followed by ZO.  Say what you want about whether NBC in general has an anti-Wings bias, even non-hockey fans that have watched games with me have pointed out how negative Edzo is whenever he mentions the Red Wings organization or any of it's players, if I had a nickel for every "subtle interference" that I heard in the 08 and 09 playoff runs, I could retire now.

OMG, yes, everyone hates the Wings....wahhhh... you mean Pavel slithers and Crosby glides...oh, the humanity...that's clear evidence of the anti Wings agenda!  Breaking news...Ken and Mickey say only nice things about the Wings...Alert the media...Olczyk played for the Blackhawks and is paid by them and he is biased towards them???...You're joking...and he said favorable things about the Penguins?...I'm sure the fact he coached them had nothing to do with it...No one ever says one nice things about the Wings, EVER!!!  They all hate them...*sob*...Next you're going to tell me Don Cherry favors Canadians...Seriously??? 

#177 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

OMG, yes, everyone hates the Wings....wahhhh... you mean Pavel slithers and Crosby glides...oh, the humanity...that's clear evidence of the anti Wings agenda!  Breaking news...Ken and Mickey say only nice things about the Wings...Alert the media...Olczyk played for the Blackhawks and is paid by them and he is biased towards them???...You're joking...and he said favorable things about the Penguins?...I'm sure the fact he coached them had nothing to do with it...No one ever says one nice things about the Wings, EVER!!!  They all hate them...*sob*...Next you're going to tell me Don Cherry favors Canadians...Seriously??? 

All snotty sarcasm aside, I think people are often too sensitive about some imagined anti-Wings bias. 

However, Enzo is an exception.   With Olczyk it sounds like they picked a fan from the stands as he goes on about the Wings "subtle interference" and pointing out what should've been penalties called against them.  It's one thing to do that when you're the color guy for the Hawks or Pens, but his lack of professionalism on NBC is embarrassing. 

And the difference between him and Ken and Mickey is they're doing a local fox sports broadcast.  Several of the guys who do the national games have some ties to other teams but manage to set that aside and be relatively objective on NBC.  Olczyk is awful.

#178 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Who's the guy saying "knifed", "waffleboarded", and such? I hated that stupid lingo for a while, but I like it now.

#179 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Wow, talk about putting words in my mouth.  All I did was point out two ways in which your post was incorrect, I never said anything about an anti-Wings agenda, all I said is that Olczyk has on many occasions had difficulty hiding his disdain for the Red Wings, and as haroldsnepsts pointed out there is the expectation that a commentator on a national broadcast be able to remain objective.  One thing I am certain of, if they ever decided to use Ken and/or Mickey on any national broadcast teams, they would do a much better job than Olczyk, and they both lack the cringe factor or Emrick's high-pitched grating.  Just because you disagree doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to their opinions, and your histrionic mock-sobbing adds nothing to the conversation

Edited by McAwesome, 11 January 2013 - 10:34 PM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#180 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

My father is one of these guys who thinks there's some league wide conspiracy against the Wings, from Gary Bettman, to the referees, to the commentators.  At least a couple times a season I have to remind him that we're the winningest team in the last 2 decades.  If there is indeed a giant conspiracy against the Wings, it's the least successful conspiracy of all time. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."