• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I honestly have no idea. I look at the Oilers maybe? With Eberle, Schultz, and Hall tearing it up in Oklahoma, along with the Nuge coming off the WJs.

Some say the Pens?

Discuss......

Edit: I guess I should add that I'm only talking about which team has had the most important active players during the lockout, not which teams are better on paper.

Edited by rick zombo, 06 January 2013 - 01:42 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#2 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

I hate the uncertainty behind so many players, but with Datsyuk playing so well, Z and Brunner tearing it up, and Filppula was playing great before injury I think we have a pretty great team ready to go if all turns out well. That depends on how good colaicovo and smith are for us too. I think Minnesota is pretty well set as well as the rangers.

#3 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Not to piss people off but here in Minnesota for obvious reasons biggest season for them since they got an NHL team again after the North Stars left. All my friends are stoked for the Wild and rightfully so. Now are the Wild a contender this season or ready? My opinion is no.

#4 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm actually quite nervous about Detroit. It's easy to get excited now that the lockout is over, but the Wings will be entering an accelerated season with playoffs already around the corner, and competing without Lidstrom or Stuart on the blue line. I hope that Brunner continues to perform, and Nyquist and Smith can help fill in some rather large gaps in our team.
In any event this will be a very interesting year.

Does anyone know what will happen with the trade deadline this year?

Edited by Echolalia, 06 January 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#5 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

I like the Wings coming into this season.  Dats, Z, Brunner, Flip, Smith, Nyquist, Colaiacovo, have all been playing hockey.  The defense might be a little rusty, but that will be the same for about every team.  I'm most worried about the goalies though, and again, that's probably the same for everyone.  I'm so f****** excited to be watching hockey again soon!

Edited by kipwinger, 06 January 2013 - 02:08 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#6 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

I hate the uncertainty behind so many players, but with Datsyuk playing so well, Z and Brunner tearing it up, and Filppula was playing great before injury I think we have a pretty great team ready to go if all turns out well. That depends on how good colaicovo and smith are for us too. I think Minnesota is pretty well set as well as the rangers.

Carlo is injured from the Spengler Cup.  Will miss 2-3 weeks as of now.

Edited by rrasco, 06 January 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#7 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337928" data-time="1357499355"><p>
 <br />
Carlo is injured from the Spengler Cup.  Will miss 2-3 weeks as of now.</p></blockquote>

Ugh. Really? Is that what we have to look forward to? Captain Injury.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#8 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337928" data-time="1357499355"><p>
 <br />
Carlo is injured from the Spengler Cup.  Will miss 2-3 weeks as of now.</p></blockquote>

Ugh. Really? Is that what we have to look forward to? Captain Injury.

Word on the street is it was from Brunner too.  I just read that after posting.

http://www.thescore....edmonton-journa

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#9 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

We are bad shape on the Goaltender side of things. Both Howard and Gus have been idle the whole lockout. 

Howard last played 8 months ago, and this was the last moment of game time he had:

#10 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Anybody know how Filppulas injury is looking?

#11 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Word on the street is it was from Brunner too.  I just read that after posting.

http://www.thescore....edmonton-journa

Wonderful, Brunner injured Colaiacovo so now we have to start the season with Kindl as a regular. Magical, good start to the year already. Sucks because Carlo had looked very good in the Spengler Cup games as well.

#NOMOREKINDL

#12 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Anybody know how Filppulas injury is looking?

heard somewhere that he'll be good to go when the season starts.. i'll try to find where i saw that 

edit: found it! 

http://www.mlive.com...ilppula_re.html

Edited by amato, 06 January 2013 - 02:51 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#13 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,450 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Good news on Flip, thanks!   I would think we're in pretty good shape, aside from goalies not playing much during the lock out, but believe Howie and Monster will be OK... no different from other clubs with idle goalies.  Miller's in shape, and Z, and Datsyuk is his usual self.  Defense worries me a bit, but we'll see, I reckon.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#14 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

The defense worries me a lot. Smith practically has to be ready right away for top-four minutes.

Colaiacovo was the depth signing and he's hurt already. Would have been nice to sign someone like Bryan Allen instead of putting all the eggs in the Suter basket.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#15 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

maybe a decent d-man will get bought out early and the wings can manage to take advantage.. ha, wishful thinking. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#16 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

If anyone cares, I have maintained my extraordinary gameday shape.  My beer gut is even looking better than last season and I have some personal days to burn during the late game Western Conference playoffs (day after of course).  And, the delay in the start of the season has added a few months of life to my foam finger.  Ready to rock!!!

#17 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I honestly have no idea. I look at the Oilers maybe? With Eberle, Schultz, and Hall tearing it up in Oklahoma, along with the Nuge coming off the WJs.

Some say the Pens?

Discuss......

Edit: I guess I should add that I'm only talking about which team has had the most important active players during the lockout, not which teams are better on paper.

Do you mean the same Pens who got obliterated in the first round despite having a 100% healthy lineup?

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

The Kings have most of their Cup winning lineup intact, though Kopitar apparently injured his knee in Sweden and will be out for a few weeks.  

And who knows what kind of game shape Dustin "pancakes" Penner is in.  :P

#19 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

the wings were near the top of the league in terms of the number of players playing overseas during the lockout. i think that is going to be a huge asset for them, especially early on when everyone else is still trying to get into gameshape

Edited by chances14, 06 January 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#20 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Do you guys think the lockout will help us by signing Flip cheap because it will be a small sample size of what he could have done ?