• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Which Team Is Best Prepared To Start Season

Rate this topic

I honestly have no idea. I look at the Oilers maybe? With Eberle, Schultz, and Hall tearing it up in Oklahoma, along with the Nuge coming off the WJs.

Some say the Pens?

Discuss......

Edit: I guess I should add that I'm only talking about which team has had the most important active players during the lockout, not which teams are better on paper.

Edited by rick zombo

I hate the uncertainty behind so many players, but with Datsyuk playing so well, Z and Brunner tearing it up, and Filppula was playing great before injury I think we have a pretty great team ready to go if all turns out well. That depends on how good colaicovo and smith are for us too. I think Minnesota is pretty well set as well as the rangers.

Not to piss people off but here in Minnesota for obvious reasons biggest season for them since they got an NHL team again after the North Stars left. All my friends are stoked for the Wild and rightfully so. Now are the Wild a contender this season or ready? My opinion is no.

I'm actually quite nervous about Detroit. It's easy to get excited now that the lockout is over, but the Wings will be entering an accelerated season with playoffs already around the corner, and competing without Lidstrom or Stuart on the blue line. I hope that Brunner continues to perform, and Nyquist and Smith can help fill in some rather large gaps in our team.

In any event this will be a very interesting year.

Does anyone know what will happen with the trade deadline this year?

Edited by Echolalia

I like the Wings coming into this season. Dats, Z, Brunner, Flip, Smith, Nyquist, Colaiacovo, have all been playing hockey. The defense might be a little rusty, but that will be the same for about every team. I'm most worried about the goalies though, and again, that's probably the same for everyone. I'm so ******* excited to be watching hockey again soon!

Edited by kipwinger

I hate the uncertainty behind so many players, but with Datsyuk playing so well, Z and Brunner tearing it up, and Filppula was playing great before injury I think we have a pretty great team ready to go if all turns out well. That depends on how good colaicovo and smith are for us too. I think Minnesota is pretty well set as well as the rangers.

Carlo is injured from the Spengler Cup. Will miss 2-3 weeks as of now.

Edited by rrasco

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337928" data-time="1357499355"><p>

<br />

Carlo is injured from the Spengler Cup. Will miss 2-3 weeks as of now.</p></blockquote>

Ugh. Really? Is that what we have to look forward to? Captain Injury.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337928" data-time="1357499355"><p>

<br />

Carlo is injured from the Spengler Cup. Will miss 2-3 weeks as of now.</p></blockquote>

Ugh. Really? Is that what we have to look forward to? Captain Injury.

Word on the street is it was from Brunner too. I just read that after posting.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/articles/407627-damien-brunner-news-brunner-hit-fellow-red-wing-carlo-colaiacovo-from-behind-in-spengler-cup-action-monday-injuring-the-defender-and-forcing-him-from-the-game-colaiacovo-went-into-the-boards-head-first-according-to-bruce-mccurdy-of-the-edmonton-journa

We are bad shape on the Goaltender side of things. Both Howard and Gus have been idle the whole lockout.

Howard last played 8 months ago, and this was the last moment of game time he had:

Wonderful, Brunner injured Colaiacovo so now we have to start the season with Kindl as a regular. Magical, good start to the year already. Sucks because Carlo had looked very good in the Spengler Cup games as well.

Good news on Flip, thanks! I would think we're in pretty good shape, aside from goalies not playing much during the lock out, but believe Howie and Monster will be OK... no different from other clubs with idle goalies. Miller's in shape, and Z, and Datsyuk is his usual self. Defense worries me a bit, but we'll see, I reckon.

If anyone cares, I have maintained my extraordinary gameday shape. My beer gut is even looking better than last season and I have some personal days to burn during the late game Western Conference playoffs (day after of course). And, the delay in the start of the season has added a few months of life to my foam finger. Ready to rock!!!

Guest Crymson
I honestly have no idea. I look at the Oilers maybe? With Eberle, Schultz, and Hall tearing it up in Oklahoma, along with the Nuge coming off the WJs.

Some say the Pens?

Discuss......

Edit: I guess I should add that I'm only talking about which team has had the most important active players during the lockout, not which teams are better on paper.

Do you mean the same Pens who got obliterated in the first round despite having a 100% healthy lineup?

the wings were near the top of the league in terms of the number of players playing overseas during the lockout. i think that is going to be a huge asset for them, especially early on when everyone else is still trying to get into gameshape

Edited by chances14

Helen St. James reported today that both Flip and Colaiacovo will be ready to go when the season begins. And the season will begin. AND I'M SERIOUSLY PUMPED ALREADY! Welcome back NHL, I know one fan for sure who won't be boycotting a single thing.

Edmonton for the same reasons as Zombo said.

Edmonton for the same reasons as Zombo said.

Wonderful, Brunner injured Colaiacovo so now we have to start the season with Kindl as a regular. Magical, good start to the year already. Sucks because Carlo had looked very good in the Spengler Cup games as well.
Better get used to Carlo's injuries...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2338012" data-time="1357513168"><p>

What about Vancouver?<br />

<br />

They're a great regular season team and have won the last two Presidents trophies. </p></blockquote>

Yup. Also I think Schneider was one of the few goalies that played through the lockout.