• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

2013 BlueAdams Where Are You, Line Thread

Rate this topic

I can't believe you guys would reunite Datsyuk with Franzen and Bertuzzi. That line was lazy and underwhelming last season.

I just don't think Babcock is going to put Nyquist on the first line, Sammy is not a first line guy maybe Cleary but he has to be a lot better than last year.

Guest The Axe

Id roll like this:

Franzen-Zetts-Ericsson

Filppula-Datsyuk-Samuelsson

Brunner-Helm-Cleary

Tootoo-Abdelkader-Emmerton

Nyquist/Bertuzzi

Smith-Kronwall

White-Quincey

Kindl-Colo

Ouellette

Howard

Gustavsson

Haha, Ericsson up front, I like it.

Filppula can't carry the second line. He's good as a complementary player to Zetterberg or Datsyuk.

I think Nyquist has to get a shot with one of the top lines, and considering Brunner's play so far with Zetterberg, I think they stay together. Nyquist with Datsyuk. Franzen and Filppula will fill the other top-6 spots. Helm centers Samuelsson (yuck) and Cleary, Abdelkader gets a combo of Miller, Tootoo, and Bertuzzi. Mursak is the 14th forward unless they waive him. No room for Emmerton, Tatar, or Andersson. Eaves still on IR.

They can either run with 6 D until Colaiacovo is healthy, call up Almquist or Lashoff until then, or try and find a free agent a la Janik who can fill in temporarily.

Filppula-Franzen-Datsyuk

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Bertuzzi-Helm-Brunner

Cleary-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Miller, Mursak

or

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Filppula-Zetterberg-Sammy/Brunner

Nyquist-Helm-Sammy/Brunner

Cleary-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Miller, Mursak

Kronwall-White

Smith-Ericsson

Quincey-Colo/Kindl

Barring injuries Gustav Nyquist is probably not going to be playing regularly in the top six on this team this season. Hate to break it to you fellas.

And being waiver eligible yet, it wouldn't shock me at all if he was kept in GR.

Not that I endorse it, but I wouldn't be too surprised by something like this up front if Kenny doesn't somehow pull off a deal that sends some forwards out before the start of the season:

Mule-Dats-Bert/Sammy

Brunner-Hank-Flip

Cleary-Helm-Bert/Sammy

Tootoo-Abby-Miller/Mursak/THE Cory F'n Emmerton

On the back end, I personally wouldn't mind seeing something like this...

Kronner-Smith

Ericsson-White

Quincey-Carlo/Kindl

Edited by ogreslayer

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ogreslayer" data-cid="2338071" data-time="1357535239"><p>

And being waiver eligible yet, it wouldn't shock me at all if he was kept in GR.<br />

<br />

Not that I endorse it, but I wouldn't be too surprised by something like this up front if Kenny doesn't somehow pull off a deal that sends some forwards out before the start of the season:<br />

<br />

Mule-Dats-Bert/Sammy<br />

Brunner-Hank-Flip<br />

Cleary-Helm-Bert/Sammy<br />

Tootoo-Abby-Miller/Mursak/THE Cory F'n Emmerton<br />

<br />

On the back end, I personally wouldn't mind seeing something like this...<br />

<br />

Kronner-Smith<br />

Ericsson-White<br />

Quincey-Carlo/Kindl</p></blockquote>

There will be one or two injuries at all times, so nyquist should get some time.

Guest irishock
Barring injuries Gustav Nyquist is probably not going to be playing regularly in the top six on this team this season. Hate to break it to you fellas.

Thing is there definitely will be injuries.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen ------Fil/Dats chemistry will help Franzen

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner ----Goose is a better Omark

Cleary - Helm - Sammy -------------Helm will have his best season with better linemates

Bertuzzi - Abby - Tootoo -----------Grindline baby, with a scoring touch

Edited by number9

I don't see why Nyquist couldn't be top 6? Babcock already had him in the top 6 last season and unfortunately had to move him to the third line. Nyquist is a player that needs to play with bigger players, unfortunately his size is what made him go to the third line last year. He simply couldn't handle going against other teams top lines and top d pairings. He added some strength and handled himself nicely from what i've seen this season with GRR. I think he'll be given the shot at top 6 originally, along with Brunner. Where the hell did everyone get Brunnstrom from? Didn't he elect to go play in Europe? Colo may or may not be ready for the season, as he got injured recently. That'll lead to Kindl playing. Emdog will not crack the lineup this year due to just too many better players infront of him in the depth chart, sorry Axe or Cory as we like to say. Realistically, I like number9's lines. Filp and Pasha NEED to spend time together, they have AMAZING chemistry and are a deadly threat as a duo. Brunner and Zett already established chemistry and should start the season together. Add nyquist and give him the early chance to prove he can handle going against other top 6 players. This would give that line two good playmakers in zett and nyquist, with a deadly shot in brunner (zetts aint bad either). Third line would have helmer bringing the speed, a healthy cleary to bring the veteran sense along with good work ethic (don't even say it, the guys been working on a tore up knee) and sammy to miss shots and throw off our opponents. I love the idea of the fourth line just buckling down and grinding it out against other teams 3/4th line. Tootoo, big bert, and abby... you would get annoyed playing against that line.

Our defense makes me want to cringe, but in all honesty I think we'll do OKAY this season. I really think we'll see some improvements again with big rig. Ground breaking? No. But it'll certainly help. He'll need to use his body more, but I almost sense that more physicality will be apart of the wings system these upcoming years. We don't have #5, but we have to look at his play and say it isn't going to hurt as much as we really think it may. We didn't lose a prime Lidstrom, we lost one that was declining in play. Was his declining in play still better than the majority of defensemen that lace up? Absolutely, but he was Lidstrom. Quincey came into our system half way through a system while we were on a big winning streak. He has no excuses this year, as he will be attending training camp and up to speed with the systems in place. Brendan smith we HAVE to see mistakes, but they'll expand and make him develop more. He is going to take those chances, and he will take chances when he certainly shouldn't. They'll result in turnovers, and possibly burn us a time or two. Colo is a big question mark, but it's an improvement over kindl.

Okay, im done now.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2338178" data-time="1357576835"><p>

I don't see why Nyquist couldn't be top 6? Babcock already had him in the top 6 last season and unfortunately had to move him to the third line. Nyquist is a player that needs to play with bigger players, unfortunately his size is what made him go to the third line last year. He simply couldn't handle going against other teams top lines and top d pairings. He added some strength and handled himself nicely from what i've seen this season with GRR. I think he'll be given the shot at top 6 originally, along with Brunner. Where the hell did everyone get Brunnstrom from? Didn't he elect to go play in Europe? Colo may or may not be ready for the season, as he got injured recently. That'll lead to Kindl playing. Emdog will not crack the lineup this year due to just too many better players infront of him in the depth chart, sorry Axe or Cory as we like to say. Realistically, I like number9's lines. Filp and Pasha NEED to spend time together, they have AMAZING chemistry and are a deadly threat as a duo. Brunner and Zett already established chemistry and should start the season together. Add nyquist and give him the early chance to prove he can handle going against other top 6 players. This would give that line two good playmakers in zett and nyquist, with a deadly shot in brunner (zetts aint bad either). Third line would have helmer bringing the speed, a healthy cleary to bring the veteran sense along with good work ethic (don't even say it, the guys been working on a tore up knee) and sammy to miss shots and throw off our opponents. I love the idea of the fourth line just buckling down and grinding it out against other teams 3/4th line. Tootoo, big bert, and abby... you would get annoyed playing against that line. Our defense makes me want to cringe, but in all honesty I think we'll do OKAY this season. I really think we'll see some improvements again with big rig. Ground breaking? No. But it'll certainly help. He'll need to use his body more, but I almost sense that more physicality will be apart of the wings system these upcoming years. We don't have #5, but we have to look at his play and say it isn't going to hurt as much as we really think it may. We didn't lose a prime Lidstrom, we lost one that was declining in play. Was his declining in play still better than the majority of defensemen that lace up? Absolutely, but he was Lidstrom. Quincey came into our system half way through a system while we were on a big winning streak. He has no excuses this year, as he will be attending training camp and up to speed with the systems in place. Brendan smith we HAVE to see mistakes, but they'll expand and make him develop more. He is going to take those chances, and he will take chances when he certainly shouldn't. They'll result in turnovers, and possibly burn us a time or two. Colo is a big question mark, but it's an improvement over kindl. Okay, im done now.</p></blockquote>

I like your analysis. But Emmerton will surprise.

I would also like to point out, I forgot about this kid, as I am sure many others have. Danny Dekeyser will quite possibly be picking a team to join this summer so after the 48 game season we could possibly have a future all-star if he chooses to join our team, food for thought.

I would also like to point out, I forgot about this kid, as I am sure many others have. Danny Dekeyser will quite possibly be picking a team to join this summer so after the 48 game season we could possibly have a future all-star if he chooses to join our team, food for thought.

I barely want to think about that, let alone post about it here, for fear of jinxing it.

Which would be awesome. My prediction though is that he clones himslef: so he can sign with Edmonton AND Minnesota :lol:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Euro_Twins" data-cid="2338216" data-time="1357582737"><p>

I would also like to point out, I forgot about this kid, as I am sure many others have. Danny Dekeyser will quite possibly be picking a team to join this summer so after the 48 game season we could possibly have a future all-star if he chooses to join our team, food for thought.</p></blockquote>

I don't want to think about that just yet

Our D is not going to be as bad as everyone thinks. If anything, we will have an average D Corps.

Or an over-acheiving D...maybe they were all spoiled by having Lidstrom on the team, now they don't have that safety net. Even when he was injured, they knew he was coming back eventually, now that net is gone...

I've lurked for awhile but I thought I'd reg and reply to this. These are the lines I think we should roll with, not the ones I think we eventually will.

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen
Filppula-Zetterberg-Brunner
Miller-Helm-Tootoo
Cleary-Abdelkader-Sammy
Bertuzzi
Mursak

The top six to me was fairly easy. Bert can't be there anymore. He's very skilled but he's an anchor (and if we could trade for a forward I'd drop Mule, too). Skilled anchors worked in the olden days but now, I'd rather have younger faster legs. Contact sports rely on the push/pull relationship between contact and speed. The more we reduce contact, the more the game becomes about speed. Gus and Brunner need to take spots from guys like Bert and Cleary. If Cleary can show he's gotten some speed back, I'm all for him moving around but his lack of speed killed his game the last couple seasons. Brunner's got to at least start and likely stay with Hank, and so does Fil after last season. First line could be solid gold if god willing Mule wants to try. Third line I think could be a total nightmare for any team in the league to play against. Miller usually adapts and plays like his linemates and Helm/Tootoo are wrecking balls. Miller's shown the ability to play fast and hard. Tootoo is that extra dimension we needed on our grind line. I honestly think this line could top out as best in the league for pure grinding. 4th line is blah, whatever, Bert and Sammy can battle it out.

Kronwall-White
E-Quincey
Coliacovo-Smith
Kindl

I don't think our D is as bad as some say but I do think it needs improving. However how many true top end dmen exist anymore? It seems we're swimming in a sea of really good but not great players with only Weber, Chara, Suter and maybe Doughty left as elite. I think our top D pairing won't hurt much, contrary to popular belief. Nik I think is capable of doing what Nick's done the last few seasons. It's the second pairing that will hurt badly. No matter what we do we won't get a second line as rock solid as Nik and Stu. E and Quincey are a scary drop-off, even if I think we underrate both of them a little bit. We need to make a trade or scoop up someone who has been bought out, or something. I think the bottom 4 may swap in and out with eachother until something works. Team D this year more than ever, I think.

Howard
Gustavsson

I'll also say that I'd bet the lines will change pretty frequently until Babcock starts thinking it's a bad idea to tinker too much, especially with the forwards.

Edited by shoobiedoobin