• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

2013 BlueAdams Where Are You, Line Thread

Rate this topic

I'm not sure why labels matter when we all know exactly what type of players our guys are. Labels are used to easily categorize, but we're already acquainted with the play style of a guy like Franzen. Unfortunately, there's Franzen the power forward sniper, which is what he is when he wants to skate and play hard. Then there's Franzen the slow dangler who looks for the perfect shot, who is neither sniper nor power forward when he floats.

It won't matter soon, this summer Kenny will go balls out for either Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf. I'd like to see Perry together with Dats...er, playing to together that is.

I am only coparing Franzine and Hossa because one was chosen over the other and he has under performed. Hossa hasn't torn up Chicago, but he was a better compliment to Datsyuk. Neither here nor there, we have Franzine and unless Kenny deals him for something that fits better, we are stuck with him. It just gives me someone to blame for shortcomings of the team.

I do agree that a perfect top line would be a shooter - PM - power forward. Problem is, if Franzine is the best thing we have to a power forward we are in deep doo-doo. Add to that we don't yet have the shooter and that is why Datsyuk's stats continue to suffer...

Fil - Pasha - Mule ------ SNP - PLY - PWF ------ Fil looks like he's becoming a more confident shooter

Goose - Hank - Brunner -- PLY - PLY - SNP ------ Need another PWF

Cleary - Helm - Logo ---- TWF - GRN - TWF ------ Good 3rd scoring line

Tuzzi - Abby - Toots ---- PWF - GRN - GRN ------ Physical line with scoring touch

Really liking the bottom 6 out of all of this. I think our bottom 6 could be our game changer this year. I think a lot is riding on how Goose and Brunner perform, obviously, but also Fil. Whether he continues to produce at a high level or not will be big.

Edited by number9

Flips/Gus, Datsyuk, Franzen

Gus/Flips, Zetts, Brunner (Zetterberg and Brunner have been playing on the same line all season so far)

Bert, Helm, Sammy

Miller/Tootoo, Abby, Mursak/Cleary

Emmerton...we have too many forwards.

Kronwall/White

Big E/Quincey

Kindl/Smith

Howie

Monster

The Defense looks decent. It's up to Babcock to bring out it's potential. The offense, though. You can tell there's a lot of different options you can take. I, myself, would go Flips/Dats/Mule for first line. Gus/Zetts/Brunner for the 2nd. A Bert/Helm/Sammy 3rd line isn't bad either (skill/power/speed. Sammy seems to be a guy who's a jack of all trades).

The 4th line. Again, we have that issue with the 4th line. Miller? Excellent winger. I believe Abby is an excellent winger as well, but a mediocre center. But I think he's better than Emmerton, for now. But if he out plays Abby out of center, Abby is playing winger, for sure. That leaves Miller/Cleary/Mursak to fight it out.

We have too many forwards, and our 4th line is a potential mess.

EDIT: Tootoo? Bring him in when you need him. Although, we may play him simply because of presence. That still leaves too many bodies that can't fill the 4th line.

Edited by Dynheart

Guest Johnz96
Fil - Pasha - Mule ------ SNP - PLY - PWF ------ Fil looks like he's becoming a more confident shooter

Goose - Hank - Brunner -- PLY - PLY - SNP ------ Need another PWF

Cleary - Helm - Logo ---- TWF - GRN - TWF ------ Good 3rd scoring line

Tuzzi - Abby - Toots ---- PWF - GRN - GRN ------ Physical line with scoring touch

Really liking the bottom 6 out of all of this. I think our bottom 6 could be our game changer this year. I think a lot is riding on how Goose and Brunner perform, obviously, but also Fil. Whether he continues to produce at a high level or not will be big.

Who is Logo and where's Sammy

Who is Logo and where's Sammy

Had to check your join date.

Sammy (in his last run with the Wings) was known as the Logohunter and Shinguard Assassin due to his tendency to hit the chests and shins of goalies and/or opponents blocking his shots.

He was also clutch and became one of my faves.

Flips/Gus, Datsyuk, Franzen

Gus/Flips, Zetts, Brunner (Zetterberg and Brunner have been playing on the same line all season so far)

Bert, Helm, Sammy

Miller/Tootoo, Abby, Mursak/Cleary

Emmerton...we have too many forwards.

Kronwall/White

Big E/Quincey

Kindl/Smith

Howie

Monster

The Defense looks decent. It's up to Babcock to bring out it's potential. The offense, though. You can tell there's a lot of different options you can take. I, myself, would go Flips/Dats/Mule for first line. Gus/Zetts/Brunner for the 2nd. A Bert/Helm/Sammy 3rd line isn't bad either (skill/power/speed. Sammy seems to be a guy who's a jack of all trades).

The 4th line. Again, we have that issue with the 4th line. Miller? Excellent winger. I believe Abby is an excellent winger as well, but a mediocre center. But I think he's better than Emmerton, for now. But if he out plays Abby out of center, Abby is playing winger, for sure. That leaves Miller/Cleary/Mursak to fight it out.

We have too many forwards, and our 4th line is a potential mess.

EDIT: Tootoo? Bring him in when you need him. Although, we may play him simply because of presence. That still leaves too many bodies that can't fill the 4th line.

Your 4th line has to be Miller - Abby - Tootoo in your scenario...Eaves is still hurt (?) and Emmy/Mursak just aren't gonna crack this lineup. Best to trade one of them and deal with the other when Eaves returns. Which may not be until next season anyhow. I guess I would keep Mursak over Emmy.

Your 4th line has to be Miller - Abby - Tootoo in your scenario...Eaves is still hurt (?) and Emmy/Mursak just aren't gonna crack this lineup. Best to trade one of them and deal with the other when Eaves returns. Which may not be until next season anyhow. I guess I would keep Mursak over Emmy.

Yes, no progress. He's still showing symptoms.

Yes, no progress. He's still showing symptoms.

So he may as well stay away the entire 48 games. That leaves us with MIller/Emmy/Mursak as the rotating crew with another roster player and I think that is still one man too many...but it is a 24 man roster, so maybe that will work out, even moreso if Nyquist stays in GR.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="joesuffP" data-cid="2338742" data-time="1357714791"><p>

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen<br />

Brunner-Flippula-Sammy<br />

Bertuzzi-Helm-Cleary<br />

Tootoo-Abdelkader-Miller<br />

<br />

Looks good to me</p></blockquote>

Not to me. Looks like if they shut our 1st line down, we're screwed.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Brunner

Franzen-Filppula-Selanne

Nyquist-Helm-Samuelsson

Tootoo-Abdelkader-Cleary

That looks quicker and deeper to me.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

they're loading up the top line?

horrible idea.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Flipper51" data-cid="2338781" data-time="1357743035"><p>

top 2 lines are almost identical to those that we had in 2008 when we won the cup. (Other than Brunner for Homer)</p></blockquote>

5 years older isnt good unless they were all 22 in 2008.

I love throwing Brunner with Zett AND pasha. Are we putting too many eggs in a basket? Possibly. But we do what we always do, rely on our role players. We always have, and will continue to do that. Our bottom 6 looks very nice to me honestly, and I think they will produce going against most other 3rd/4th lines. Zett-Pash-Brun throws a big threat on the ice and allows for Brunner to really showcase his shot. He has two amazing play makers, both that can convert when given the chance always. Brunner showed that he can throw his body infront of the net and make the noise, although I would rather him playing the perimeter for shots. I feel like that will be a workhorse lineup and they'll most likely tire out some lines with their cycles. Fran-Filp-Sammy could work... but it's not the best. I agree that Cleary-Helmer-Bert could do some damage together. All three of them are workhorses, helmer 24/7, bert when he wants to be, and sammy can just continue throw pucks into non-existent shooting lanes. Finish off with a rough bottom 4th line and you can quickly tire out a group.

EDIT: added quote

About Mike Babcock

he likes to joke he makes all his plans on napkins, because that's how much faith he has they'll hold up.
Edited by evilzyme

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Brunner --- a chimpanzee on skates could perform with Z and D feeding him

Goose - Filppula - Franzen ------- decent 2nd line

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi ------------ like someone said "will feast on other 3rd lines"

Tootoo - Abby - Sammy ------------ grinding with point production

Edited by number9

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Flipper51" data-cid="2338781" data-time="1357743035"><p>

top 2 lines are almost identical to those that we had in 2008 when we won the cup. (Other than Brunner for Homer)</p></blockquote>

Oh I totally agree. I don't mind Babs putting together Pav and Z, but I hate that Sammy is on the second with Fil and the Mule and that Goose isn't given a top 6 opportunity. If I was going to have Pav and Z together I'd go with something like this...

Z-Pav-Goose/Brunner- Pav and Z do there thing and either Brunner or Goose can play with the two.

Mule- Fil- Goose/Brunner- Fil and the Mule have always had chemistry and Goose or Brunner would be a very good compliment to those two.

Cleary-Helm-Sammy- Helm is Helm, hopefully Cleary can play like his former self and Sammy can get pucks on net for those two to create havoc around it.

Bert- Abby- Tootoo- I really feel like this can be the very best fourth line in the league. They will grind you out and can put up some very good numbers for a fourth line.

Oh I totally agree. I don't mind Babs putting together Pav and Z, but I hate that Sammy is on the second with Fil and the Mule and that Goose isn't given a top 6 opportunity. If I was going to have Pav and Z together I'd go with something like this...

Z-Pav-Goose/Brunner- Pav and Z do there thing and either Brunner or Goose can play with the two.

Mule- Fil- Goose/Brunner- Fil and the Mule have always had chemistry and Goose or Brunner would be a very good compliment to those two.

Cleary-Helm-Sammy- Helm is Helm, hopefully Cleary can play like his former self and Sammy can get pucks on net for those two to create havoc around it.

Bert- Abby- Tootoo- I really feel like this can be the very best fourth line in the league. They will grind you out and can put up some very good numbers for a fourth line.

Yeah I think I like these lines better and I agree that 4th line would probably be the best in the league with grit and point scoring.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

So if we switch the lines, they all get younger? They're all 5 years older, regardless lol. We're viewing the whole depth thing as a one way street, when it's really not. You can try too hard for depth and all lines can suffer, and I think since 2008 that's partly what's happened. I think with Flip, Mule and whoever, we can afford to "stack" the top line. Teams around the league do it and fare pretty well. Some use depth. It depends on your roster. I think we can afford to put Hank and Pav together again, especially if we find a good forward for Flip and Mule, by either trade or someone on the roster playing well with them. It's about chemistry most of the time anyway. And Mule's effort level, too. Flip has a great work ethic, fingers crossed it rubs off on Franzen.