• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

2013 BlueAdams Where Are You, Line Thread

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Hmmmm, Emmerton was NOT bumped into Oblivion like everyone else said. Gee, anyone gonna issue The Axe an apology?

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339334" data-time="1357938431"><p>

<br />

Based on what? Potential?</p></blockquote>

1 goal in 18 games. Superstar written all over him.

Guest Johnz96
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339334" data-time="1357938431"><p>

<br />

Based on what? Potential?</p></blockquote>

1 goal in 18 games. Superstar written all over him.

First of all he is more of a playmaker. Nobody scores much playing 10 and half minutes a game. Many stars didn't produce much at first until they were afforded the opportunity to do so for example Louie Ericsson on scored 6 goals in 59 games his first season. Iginla only scored 13 goals in 70 games, in his second full season. It's not that they weren't capable of scoring more, it's that they weren't afforded the opportunity.

Based on what? Potential?

Based on watching him

Guest Johnz96
Im not saying he wont be. Im just saying that he isnt now.

And I'm saying he is and will prove it as soon as he is afforded the opportunity

Im not saying he wont be. Im just saying that he isnt now.

you do know that nyquist is higher in the depth chart than emmerton right? and dont get it skrewed, nyquist had 7 points in 18 games while emmerton played 71 games and racked up a huge 10 points. 3 less of points while playing, what, 53 less games? i dont get your fixation of cory emmerton but dont let it haze the reality of the debate. Edited by evilzyme

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2339356" data-time="1357941894"><p>

you do know that nyquist is higher in the depth chart than emmerton right? and dont get it skrewed, nyquist had 7 points in 18 games while emmerton played 71 games and racked up a huge 10 points. 3 less of points while playing, what, 53 less games? i dont get your fixation of cory emmerton but dont let it haze the reality of the debate.</p></blockquote>

If Emmerton is in the lineup opening night and Nyquist isnt, it will not surprise me at all.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2339356" data-time="1357941894"><p>

you do know that nyquist is higher in the depth chart than emmerton right? and dont get it skrewed, nyquist had 7 points in 18 games while emmerton played 71 games and racked up a huge 10 points. 3 less of points while playing, what, 53 less games? i dont get your fixation of cory emmerton but dont let it haze the reality of the debate.</p></blockquote>

If Emmerton is in the lineup opening night and Nyquist isnt, it will not surprise me at all.

Nyquist is a puck moving, quick skater, with a great sense ofwhats going on. Most rookies play like crap their first few games, he didn't. He always didn't get on the score sheet a lot bouncing between four lines though.

Datsyuk had 35 points in his first year which was 70 games, Nyquist was on pace for 27 points in 70 games, really not that far off. Cut him some slack, and have some faith in our team

Nyquist is a puck moving, quick skater, with a great sense ofwhats going on. Most rookies play like crap their first few games, he didn't. He always didn't get on the score sheet a lot bouncing between four lines though.

Datsyuk had 35 points in his first year which was 70 games, Nyquist was on pace for 27 points in 70 games, really not that far off. Cut him some slack, and have some faith in our team

Datsyuk had 35 pts. on the 3rd line. He did not step into a top six spot his rookie season.

I can't speak for Axe, but for me it's not about a lack of faith, everyone knows the kid is skilled. It's about taking off the rose colored glasses and realizing that Nyquist isn't ready to be a top six forward in the NHL. If we had a spot on the third line I'd be all for it. But I'm not ready to grant the kid a top six spot when he put up fewer points than a rookie defenseman (Smith) who played fewer games and was largely on the third defensive pairing. All the skill in the world doesn't necessarily translate to success at the NHL level, as I'm sure Linus Omark could tell you.

I know this is hard to hear for most, but Gustav Nyquist at this point in his career is not a better option than Samuelsson, Cleary, or Bertuzzi for a spot in the top six. s***, Filppula didn't earn his spot in the top six until last season and he is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Nyquist is at this point.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339414" data-time="1357957449"><p>

<br />

Datsyuk had 35 pts. on the 3rd line. He did not step into a top six spot his rookie season. <br />

<br />

I can't speak for Axe, but for me it's not about a lack of faith, everyone knows the kid is skilled. It's about taking off the rose colored glasses and realizing that Nyquist isn't ready to be a top six forward in the NHL. If we had a spot on the third line I'd be all for it. But I'm not ready to grant the kid a top six spot when he put up fewer points than a rookie defenseman (Smith) who played fewer games and was largely on the third defensive pairing. All the skill in the world doesn't necessarily translate to success at the NHL level, as I'm sure Linus Omark could tell you. <br />

<br />

I know this is hard to hear for most, but Gustav Nyquist at this point in his career is not a better option than Samuelsson, Cleary, or Bertuzzi for a spot in the top six. s***, Filppula didn't earn his spot in the top six until last season and he is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Nyquist is at this point. </p></blockquote>

Its simple- this guy doesnt fit right now. We have an abundance of good skating undersized playmakers. We need great skating oversized net crashing goal scorers in our top 6 and great skating oversized bangers in our bottom 6. Nyquist needs 20 more lbs. and a mean streak. He's Tomas Tatar part 2 otherwise.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339414" data-time="1357957449"><p>

<br />

Datsyuk had 35 pts. on the 3rd line. He did not step into a top six spot his rookie season. <br />

<br />

I can't speak for Axe, but for me it's not about a lack of faith, everyone knows the kid is skilled. It's about taking off the rose colored glasses and realizing that Nyquist isn't ready to be a top six forward in the NHL. If we had a spot on the third line I'd be all for it. But I'm not ready to grant the kid a top six spot when he put up fewer points than a rookie defenseman (Smith) who played fewer games and was largely on the third defensive pairing. All the skill in the world doesn't necessarily translate to success at the NHL level, as I'm sure Linus Omark could tell you. <br />

<br />

I know this is hard to hear for most, but Gustav Nyquist at this point in his career is not a better option than Samuelsson, Cleary, or Bertuzzi for a spot in the top six. s***, Filppula didn't earn his spot in the top six until last season and he is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Nyquist is at this point. </p></blockquote>

Its simple- this guy doesnt fit right now. We have an abundance of good skating undersized playmakers. We need great skating oversized net crashing goal scorers in our top 6 and great skating oversized bangers in our bottom 6. Nyquist needs 20 more lbs. and a mean streak. He's Tomas Tatar part 2 otherwise.

rofl, but emmerton is supposed to bring this to the table? you're insane dude. if it's ANYONE in the system right now, emmerton doesn't "fit". Have you watched any grand rapids games this season? did you attend any games and actually watch him? or are you still just talking from his previous nhl season. he looked a lot better this season and added some weight, as we ALL knew he needed to do. you can't play in the top 6 if you don't have the skill, and you can't handle yourself against the big top pairings of other teams. nyquist knew this, and added some weight. he can handle puck battles a lot better now. that's how it works. nyquist is one of those players that needs assets to assist him. with those assets, he becomes deadly. without those assets, he isn't deadly. he is a very good player, but he certainly isn't someone who can create and convert on his own.

Guest Johnz96
Datsyuk had 35 pts. on the 3rd line. He did not step into a top six spot his rookie season.

I can't speak for Axe, but for me it's not about a lack of faith, everyone knows the kid is skilled. It's about taking off the rose colored glasses and realizing that Nyquist isn't ready to be a top six forward in the NHL. If we had a spot on the third line I'd be all for it. But I'm not ready to grant the kid a top six spot when he put up fewer points than a rookie defenseman (Smith) who played fewer games and was largely on the third defensive pairing. All the skill in the world doesn't necessarily translate to success at the NHL level, as I'm sure Linus Omark could tell you.

I know this is hard to hear for most, but Gustav Nyquist at this point in his career is not a better option than Samuelsson, Cleary, or Bertuzzi for a spot in the top six. s***, Filppula didn't earn his spot in the top six until last season and he is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Nyquist is at this point.

You can't compare Nyquist to Omark. Not only is Nyquist one of the top scorers in the AHL but if they had such an award he would be a top candidate for best defensive forward as well..When the Griffs played against the OKC Barons, and their young NHL stars not only were Nyquist and Tatar dangerous offensively but they totally shut down the young NHL stars, they dominated against them as they have all season long, no matter who they played against.

The only forwards signed by the Wings who are as good or better than Nyquist and Tatar are Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula and maybe Brunner, the unfortunate thing is that they are all similar in that they are all small, highly skilled players but I think a line of all highly skilled players would do better against a line of mixed attributes if those small highly skilled players are better than a line with mixed attributes.

I think Datsyuk,Tatar and Nyquist would make a better line than Datsyuk, Franzen and Bertuzzi because Tatar and Nyquist are better than Franzen and Bertuzzi

Datsyuk played with Bret Hull most of that season.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Johnz96" data-cid="2339522" data-time="1358019674"><p>

You can't compare Nyquist to Omark. Not only is Nyquist one of the top scorers in the AHL but if they had such an award he would be a top candidate for best defensive forward as well..When the Griffs played against the OKC Barons, and their young NHL stars not only were Nyquist and Tatar dangerous offensively but they totally shut down the young NHL stars, they dominated against them as they have all season long, no matter who they played against.<br />

The only forwards signed by the Wings who are as good or better than Nyquist and Tatar are Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula and maybe Brunner, the unfortunate thing is that they are all similar in that they are all small, highly skilled players but I think a line of all highly skilled players would do better against a line of mixed attributes if those small highly skilled players are better than a line with mixed attributes.<br />

I think Datsyuk,Tatar and Nyquist would make a better line than Datsyuk, Franzen and Bertuzzi because Tatar and Nyquist are better than Franzen and Bertuzzi<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Datsyuk played with Bret Hull most of that season.</p></blockquote>

2 kids and a goat! Well, one kid at least. Good times.

Guest Johnz96
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Johnz96" data-cid="2339522" data-time="1358019674"><p>

You can't compare Nyquist to Omark. Not only is Nyquist one of the top scorers in the AHL but if they had such an award he would be a top candidate for best defensive forward as well..When the Griffs played against the OKC Barons, and their young NHL stars not only were Nyquist and Tatar dangerous offensively but they totally shut down the young NHL stars, they dominated against them as they have all season long, no matter who they played against.<br />

The only forwards signed by the Wings who are as good or better than Nyquist and Tatar are Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula and maybe Brunner, the unfortunate thing is that they are all similar in that they are all small, highly skilled players but I think a line of all highly skilled players would do better against a line of mixed attributes if those small highly skilled players are better than a line with mixed attributes.<br />

I think Datsyuk,Tatar and Nyquist would make a better line than Datsyuk, Franzen and Bertuzzi because Tatar and Nyquist are better than Franzen and Bertuzzi<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Datsyuk played with Bret Hull most of that season.</p></blockquote>

2 kids and a goat! Well, one kid at least. Good times.

A goat that scored 30 goals that year and was 3rd in scoring on the leagues 2nd highest scoring team in the league.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Johnz96" data-cid="2339528" data-time="1358020924"><p>

A goat that scored 30 goals that year and was 3rd in scoring on the leagues 2nd highest scoring team in the league.</p></blockquote>

That team was stacked!

You can't compare Nyquist to Omark. Not only is Nyquist one of the top scorers in the AHL but if they had such an award he would be a top candidate for best defensive forward as well..When the Griffs played against the OKC Barons, and their young NHL stars not only were Nyquist and Tatar dangerous offensively but they totally shut down the young NHL stars, they dominated against them as they have all season long, no matter who they played against.

The only forwards signed by the Wings who are as good or better than Nyquist and Tatar are Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula and maybe Brunner, the unfortunate thing is that they are all similar in that they are all small, highly skilled players but I think a line of all highly skilled players would do better against a line of mixed attributes if those small highly skilled players are better than a line with mixed attributes.

I think Datsyuk,Tatar and Nyquist would make a better line than Datsyuk, Franzen and Bertuzzi because Tatar and Nyquist are better than Franzen and Bertuzzi

Datsyuk played with Bret Hull most of that season.

Nyquist and Tatar are better than Franzen and Bertuzzi huh? Anybody else think that around here? This is laughable.

Nyquist and Tatar are better than Franzen and Bertuzzi huh? Anybody else think that around here? This is laughable.

I think Nyquist and tatar have more to prove so will most certainly work harder than Franzen, because we know how lazy and streaky he can be

I think Nyquist and tatar have more to prove so will most certainly work harder than Franzen, because we know how lazy and streaky he can be

So are you saying you'd rather have Nyquist and Tatar on a line with say, Datsyuk, than Franzen and Bertuzzi? And you think they'd actually out perform those two over the span of a season?

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Johnz96
So are you saying you'd rather have Nyquist and Tatar on a line with say, Datsyuk, than Franzen and Bertuzzi? And you think they'd actually out perform those two over the span of a season?

Yes

Guest irishock

Opposing teams would use their checking line against Nyquist-Datsyuk-Tatar. You need Bert and Franzen in there to match their size.

I think they would most certainly out perform them, maybe not under goals because we know franzen can net 30/season. the problem is franzen will score 3 goals in a game against colombus that we were winning anyways and then not score for 2 weeks. I actually do like franzen, he just needs to have that same sense of urgency he has in the playoffs, in the regular season.