• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

2013 BlueAdams Where Are You, Line Thread

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jedi" data-cid="2340196" data-time="1358261110"><p>

Per Ansar <a href='https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive'>KHAAAAANNN!!!</a>, here are the lines the Wings are skating with at this morning's practice...<br />

<br />

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Brunner<br />

Franzen-Filppula-Mursak<br />

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi<br />

Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo<br />

Working in - Knuble, Eaves<br />

<br />

Kronwall-Ericsson<br />

Quincey-Smith<br />

Kindl-White<br />

Colaiacovo-Lashoff.</p></blockquote>

Can you imagine if we had landed Parise and Suter and convinced Lids to give it a go one more time? Scary.

to those about nyquist and what not being "ready"

“We have four guys in Grand Rapids, forwards, that are dying to be Red Wings, in (Gustav) Nyquist, (Tomas) Tatar, (Joakim)Andersson and (Riley) Sheahan. They think they’re ready to be on the team, so they’re ready to go if (others) are not ready to go.”

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2340219" data-time="1358266128"><p>

to those about nyquist and what not being "ready"<br />

<br />

We have four guys in Grand Rapids, forwards, that are dying to be Red Wings, in (Gustav) Nyquist, (Tomas) Tatar, (Joakim)Andersson and (Riley) Sheahan. They think theyre ready to be on the team, so theyre ready to go if (others) are not ready to go.</p></blockquote>

Ha ha ha. Well hell, just bring them up then. Roster limits be damned.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2340219" data-time="1358266128"><p>

to those about nyquist and what not being "ready"<br />

<br />

We have four guys in Grand Rapids, forwards, that are dying to be Red Wings, in (Gustav) Nyquist, (Tomas) Tatar, (Joakim)Andersson and (Riley) Sheahan. They think theyre ready to be on the team, so theyre ready to go if (others) are not ready to go.</p></blockquote>

Ha ha ha. Well hell, just bring them up then. Roster limits be damned.

lol im sure everyone will get some ice due to injuries. this is the moment he prospects gotta make the mostof

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2340274" data-time="1358276285"><p>

lol im sure everyone will get some ice due to injuries. this is the moment he prospects gotta make the mostof</p></blockquote>

Good call. :-)

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dabura" data-cid="2340317" data-time="1358284704"><p>

Dear Helm, stop getting injured. :unhappy:</p></blockquote>

Guest Johnz96
I agree, Sammy has skills that rookies don't. If they could play a better all around game than Sammy then they'd be in the lineup and he'd be signed with another team. That's exactly my point, at this stage of their respective careers Sammy is a better player than Nyquist or Tatar. As is Cleary, as is Franzen, as is Bertuzzi. When Nyquist or Tatar crack the third line in a year or so, and develop a better all around game, then (and only then) will they be "better" than the vets and have a permanent spot on the top six. Just EXACTLY like what Filppula was required to do, for example.

As I said in another post, Filppula didn't earn his right to play in the top six until last season, yet for some reason people think Nyquist and Tatar are both ready to play there right now. And this is Filppula, a guy who, even before last year's breakout success, was noticeably better than either Nyquist or Tatar are right now.

Filppula earned the right to play in the top 6 years ago, he just wasn't afforded the opportunity. This is something that argued about with people on Red Wings Central for years and he was finally afforded the opportunity to prove me right last year.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Johnz96" data-cid="2340329" data-time="1358286285"><p>

Filppula earned the right to play in the top 6 years ago, he just wasn't afforded the opportunity. This is something that argued about with people on Red Wings Central for years and he was finally afforded the opportunity to prove me right last year.</p></blockquote>

Flip has been 2nd line center quality for years. Problem is, our top 2 center positions have been filled by all stars for 20 years straight!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Johnz96" data-cid="2340329" data-time="1358286285"><p>

Filppula earned the right to play in the top 6 years ago, he just wasn't afforded the opportunity. This is something that argued about with people on Red Wings Central for years and he was finally afforded the opportunity to prove me right last year.</p></blockquote>

Flip has been 2nd line center quality for years. Problem is, our top 2 center positions have been filled by all stars for 20 years straight!

Well hopefully he makes a name for himself there this season because last year he was primarily on Zetterberg's wing.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="number9" data-cid="2340490" data-time="1358313501"><p>

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Mini-Hossa/Better-Hulder (Brunner)<br />

Young-Filppula (Nyquist) - Filppula - Franzen<br />

Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary<br />

Downey (Tootoo) - Abdelkader - Samuelsson<br />

<br />

looks pretty dope to me</p></blockquote>

What about Emmerton?

"Dope" and Emmerton are not compatible in the same sentence.

I disagree. It all depends on the context in which you use the word "dope". For example:

"One must be a dope to think that Emmerton is more than a healthy scratch when the Wings have their full compliment of forwards available."

It works in that context right?

After tonight I think one thing is obvious. We need to split up Z and Dats. We just can't match up with other teams the way we are set up right now. Now that mursak is down I'd add nyquist to the mix for the time being with bert out.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner

Cleary - Helm - Sammy

Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo

I'd even prefer to have eaves out there in place of sammy to be honest but that will never happen.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dirtydangles" data-cid="2342464" data-time="1358655760"><p>

After tonight I think one thing is obvious. We need to split up Z and Dats. We just can't match up with other teams the way we are set up right now. Now that mursak is down I'd add nyquist to the mix for the time being with bert out.<br />

<br />

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen<br />

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner<br />

Cleary - Helm - Sammy<br />

Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo<br />

<br />

I'd even prefer to have eaves out there in place of sammy to be honest but that will never happen.</p></blockquote>

I agree totally! I feel like we need to surround datsyuk and zetterberg with youth, speed , and skill. I'd go with..

Flip- datsyuk- nyquist

Franzen- z- brunner

Tatar- helm- Sammy

Abs- Anderson- eaves

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dirtydangles" data-cid="2342464" data-time="1358655760"><p>

After tonight I think one thing is obvious. We need to split up Z and Dats. We just can't match up with other teams the way we are set up right now. Now that mursak is down I'd add nyquist to the mix for the time being with bert out.<br />

<br />

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen<br />

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner<br />

Cleary - Helm - Sammy<br />

Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo<br />

<br />

I'd even prefer to have eaves out there in place of sammy to be honest but that will never happen.</p></blockquote>

I agree totally! I feel like we need to surround datsyuk and zetterberg with youth, speed , and skill. I'd go with..

Flip- datsyuk- nyquist

Franzen- z- brunner

Tatar- helm- Sammy

Abs- Anderson- eaves

Too bad babs will never do it. :(

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dirtydangles" data-cid="2342473" data-time="1358656249"><p>

Too bad babs will never do it. :(</p></blockquote>

Oh It really is too bad. I just feel if our d- core is gonna be as weak as it is, we mine as well bring in some youth and talent so we have the energy and speed to wear down other teams, so that we are more on the offensive and don't need to play so much in our own end.

f*** this.

Leave the kids in GR. At least they're winning down there.

In fact, send Smith back down there too.

No surround Gus and Tatar around guys like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Brunner, Filppula, and Helm. Give them lots of ice and opportunity around these type players and we will become a better team immediately. We need more team speed, skill, and young enthusiasm. Please play Nyquist and Tatar Holland, there not even that young and have nothing more to prove in the AHL.

After watching last night, IMO the second line needs more puck control. I would like to see something like this for the forwards when everyone is healthy.

Brunner- Z- Cleary

Dats- Flip- Mule

Sammy- Helm- Bert

Tootoo- Abby- Miller/Eaves

Cleary on first line? are you crazy? not only is that just bad in general, did you not see how terrible he was last night?