• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

2013 BlueAdams Where Are You, Line Thread

Rate this topic

If Flip regresses it'll be for the same reason he didn't score as much before-his obsession with playing defense. And that's not even a bad thing if he has wingers who can play deeper. He scored more this season because Hank took C, and played more responsible D (as a C should in our type of system) allowing Flip to take more chances offensively. Tell flip to play C and he's going to have a tough time scoring when he's in the neutral zone at the first sign of trouble. Personally, I don't care who scores as long as we win.

I don't really like the top line. There's no net front presence on that line and because of that, I think that the they will largely be forced to play on the perimeter, which as we saw against Nashville doesn't lead to much success. In today's game you have to have someone who can play in the crease and that's not Pav, Z, Nyquist, or Brunner's game.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2338881" data-time="1357764071"><p>

I don't really like the top line. There's no net front presence on that line and because of that, I think that the they will largely be forced to play on the perimeter, which as we saw against Nashville doesn't lead to much success. In today's game you have to have someone who can play in the crease and that's not Pav, Z, Nyquist, or Brunner's game.</p></blockquote>

We dont have Shanahan anymore. Sorry.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2338881" data-time="1357764071"><p>

I don't really like the top line. There's no net front presence on that line and because of that, I think that the they will largely be forced to play on the perimeter, which as we saw against Nashville doesn't lead to much success. In today's game you have to have someone who can play in the crease and that's not Pav, Z, Nyquist, or Brunner's game.</p></blockquote>

We dont have Shanahan anymore. Sorry.

No s***, but we do have Franzen, Bertuzzi, and Cleary and none of those guys minds going to the front of the net to screen a goalie. Pav, Z, and Brunner will do fine during the regular season, just like Z, Hudler, and Flip did last season. But when the games become tighter and the defense is better (playoffs) they'll struggle. Fortunately we've got more options that this.

Edited by kipwinger

A third line of Bertuzzi, Helm, and Cleary sounds good to me. Babcock used this combo early last year and I wish he would've stuck with it. From what I remember, it was a good hard-working energy line that was a respectable threat offensively.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2338887" data-time="1357764722"><p>

<br />

No s***, but we do have Franzen, Bertuzzi, and Cleary and none of those guys minds going to the front of the net to screen a goalie. Pav, Z, and Brunner will do fine during the regular season, just like Z, Hudler, and Flip did last season. But when the games become tighter and the defense is better (playoffs) they'll struggle. Fortunately we've got more options that this. </p></blockquote>

What Franzen, Bertuzzi, and Cleary have you been watching? Franzen is the softest 240 lb man on the planet and snipes from the circles. I cant remember the last time he took a cross check in the back. Bertuzzi has a no-contact policy on his head from the league. This means we only get to watch his one handed skate around the net escapades. And Cleary fell off the face of the earth the last 2 years. He wont be a Wing too much longer. As Number9 said, we have no SNARL.

A third line of Bertuzzi, Helm, and Cleary sounds good to me. Babcock used this combo early last year and I wish he would've stuck with it. From what I remember, it was a good hard-working energy line that was a respectable threat offensively.

When he ran Conner-Helm-Cleary that line was insane!!!!!!!!! I loved it... then he threw bert in there when conner got sent down. Babcock will switch up lines like Bowman, even when there doesn't need to be a change. I think he just likes a new environment to keep the opponent on their feet, because we've had some insane lines with awesome chemistry only for them to get disassembled due to other lacking areas or injuries and then never thrown back together.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2338894" data-time="1357768916"><p>

<br />

When he ran Conner-Helm-Cleary that line was insane!!!!!!!!! I loved it... then he threw bert in there when conner got sent down. Babcock will switch up lines like Bowman, even when there doesn't need to be a change. I think he just likes a new environment to keep the opponent on their feet, because we've had some insane lines with awesome chemistry only for them to get disassembled due to other lacking areas or injuries and then never thrown back together. </p></blockquote>

Yeah, I agree. Lines are so unpredictable these days that they're hardly worth focusing on. Coaches experiment all the time and you just never know who will be with who.

Edit: Something needs to be done about replying on mobile. All sorts of messed up.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

I agree about Connor. He and Helm were fap worthy. Every now and again a guy like Connor, a jobber on paper, comes along and just has a play style where you notice him all the time. Good things happened with him out there. I will hardly ever question our management and coaches but not only dropping Connor to GR but letting him go to another team altogether was a mistake.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2338887" data-time="1357764722"><p>

<br />

No s***, but we do have Franzen, Bertuzzi, and Cleary and none of those guys minds going to the front of the net to screen a goalie. Pav, Z, and Brunner will do fine during the regular season, just like Z, Hudler, and Flip did last season. But when the games become tighter and the defense is better (playoffs) they'll struggle. Fortunately we've got more options that this. </p></blockquote>

What Franzen, Bertuzzi, and Cleary have you been watching? Franzen is the softest 240 lb man on the planet and snipes from the circles. I cant remember the last time he took a cross check in the back. Bertuzzi has a no-contact policy on his head from the league. This means we only get to watch his one handed skate around the net escapades. And Cleary fell off the face of the earth the last 2 years. He wont be a Wing too much longer. As Number9 said, we have no SNARL.

Ok I'm going to play a thought experiment. Do you think (like everyone else does) that the 2008 playoffs were the best stretch of games that Franzen ever played? And if you do, I want you to count the number of "snipes from the circles" he had during that stretch. Then count the number of times he scored deflecting pucks, driving the net, or scoring in the lane (e.g. where power forward score). Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n18fsFOhUc

For the millionth time, Franzen is at this best when he plays in the crease. Take him out of there and he's less effective, but you're insane if you think he is too timid to be successful there. As a matter of fact, if you look at his playoff goals and his hat tricks you have to conclude that he's MOST SUCCESSFUL when playing there.

Note: For those who don't feel like watching the video: Of his 13 goals, 12 were deflections, drives, or rebound goals. 1 was a "Snipe".

Or then there's this one...5 goals in one game...1 "snipe".

Edited by kipwinger

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2338912" data-time="1357775898"><p>

<br />

Ok I'm going to play a thought experiment. Do you think (like everyone else does) that the 2008 playoffs were the best stretch of games that Franzen ever played? And if you do, I want you to count the number of "snipes from the circles" he had during that stretch. Then count the number of times he scored deflecting pucks, driving the net, or scoring in the lane (e.g. where power forward score). Here's the video. <br />

<br />

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n18fsFOhUc'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n18fsFOhUc</a><br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

For the millionth time, Franzen is at this best when he plays in the crease. Take him out of there and he's less effective, but you're insane if you think he is too timid to be successful there. As a matter of fact, if you look at his playoff goals and his hat tricks you have to conclude that he's MOST SUCCESSFUL when playing there. <br />

<br />

Note: For those who don't feel like watching the video: Of his 13 goals, 12 were deflections, drives, or rebound goals. 1 was a "Snipe". <br />

<br />

Or then there's this one...5 goals in one game...1 "snipe". <br />

<a href='

'>
</a></p></blockquote>

I totally agree with you about the Franzen playoff success. He's been hurt the last 2 years, but he was money 2006 thru 2009.

I suggested a long time ago that Franzen would be the perfect successor for Holmer's job, except for his "ability" to find new ways to get hurt.

The only season in which Franzen has missed significant time with injuries is the one in which he tore his ACL. Outside of that (obviously serious injury) his games played per season is roughly in line with Datsyuk or Zetterberg...that is, mid seventies typically.

However, I agree that he's the perfect successor for Holmer's old job, but mostly because he scores more frequently when doing it.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2338933" data-time="1357782155"><p>

<br />

The only season in which Franzen has missed significant time with injuries is the one in which he tore his ACL. Outside of that (obviously serious injury) his games played per season is roughly in line with Datsyuk or Zetterberg...that is, mid seventies typically. <br />

<br />

However, I agree that he's the perfect successor for Holmer's old job, but mostly because he scores more frequently when doing it. </p></blockquote>

I like Franzen. I just dont think he's tough.

I know it wont happen, but I'd like to see Tatar on the team this year. He's had plenty of seasoning in the AHL and has numbers very similar to Nyquist.

Franzen Datsyuk Nyquist

Zetterberg Filppula Brunner

Tatar Helm Samuelsson

Bertuzzi Abdelkader Tootoo

I would trade or cut Emmerton and use Miller as the 13th forward. Mursak i'm not sure about, i love his speed, but he's small and doesn't have a lot of skill. I have no idea how long Eaves will be on IR for with the concussion, but i think he might be usefull as a fill in when he recovers

White Kronwall

Quincey Ericsson

Colaiacovo Smith

Kindl

I really hope they make a move at some point on D, cus this scares me a bit.