• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

2013 BlueAdams Where Are You, Line Thread

Rate this topic

Cleary on first line? are you crazy? not only is that just bad in general, did you not see how terrible he was last night?

The top two lines would likely play the same amount of ES time. You can change Cleary with Bert if that pleases you. That line flows with the two skilled players and a corner/net-front man the Wings used with Homer. Further, it gives the third line a scoring threat.

After tonight I think one thing is obvious. We need to split up Z and Dats. We just can't match up with other teams the way we are set up right now. Now that mursak is down I'd add nyquist to the mix for the time being with bert out.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner

Cleary - Helm - Sammy

Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo

I'd even prefer to have eaves out there in place of sammy to be honest but that will never happen.

I wouldnt mind, eventually, seeing Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Samuelsson and Franzen - Filppula - Brunner...assuming that Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be kept together for the immediate future. I think Samuelsson is more the speed of D and Z and that could work well. A fast second line could be nice as Fil was skating well last night

Watching the past 2 games this is what I would do. It's apparent Z and Brunner have chemistry together, they've been finding each other all game and it just looks natural. Almost euro-twin in their prime days. It's probably eating Pasha apart that his lover has a new lover. Okay, enough with the silly stuff.

Franzen-Hank-Brunner (hank can continue to center the first line, him and brunner work the boards and perimeter while franzen works the crease trying to pull defensemen in close. Both hank and brunner have the capability to shoot from the perimeter, along with pushing within the dirty areas.)

Filp-Pasha-Cleary (throw pasha on the 2nd line, he would eat up majority of 2nd line centers easily, him and filp have unreal chemistry and will act as another duo. Cleary can play the net-front presence and he has great hand-eye. During the open practice on Friday he was going 10/10 on deflections from all angles. so once again, this allows 2 players to play the perimeter while one forces play within the slot)

Bert-Helmer-Tootoo (whoa! what did I do here? energy frickin line. Helmer playing as the outstanding 3rd line center he is, while bert and tootoo cause havok. they can easily move the puck and become a new grind line for us)

Eaves-Abby-Sammy (yes, I just threw sammy on the 4th line but I find him to be more effective here. Abby and Eaves bring a great dimension and Sammy evens it out)

Kronner-Lashoff

White-Smith

Quincey-????

Basically, one rookie with a veteran side. I absolutely hate the Quincey and Smith pairing, they're both prone to mistakes and neither can pick up the slack for one another. I hate putting Smith in this position, and would much rather him play with White.

Ansar KHAAAAAN!!! is at today's practice, and noticed some jumbling of the lines by Babcock...

Babcock has split up Datsyuk and Zetterberg in practice

Datsyuk with Bertuzzi and Filppula, Zetterberg with Brunner and Franzen

Other lines: Helm with Cleary and Miller; Abdelkader with Tootoo and Eaves. Emmerton looks to be extra forward

On defense it's Kronwall-Lashoff, Quincey-Smith: Huskins-Kindl.

Ansar KHAAAAAN!!! is at today's practice, and noticed some jumbling of the lines by Babcock...

Well, I definitely like these lines better, I'd still switch Flip and Brunner, but these are better. I don't like Brunner and Z together because they both like to shoot alot, and I don't like Z and Pav together because they are both reluctant to shoot. But at least there's a big body on each line. These will perform better, but as I've said in other threads, I think the real cause for the lack of offense is the fact that the forwards are laying back to cover for the terrible defense. Fix the d, and the offense can get back to doing it's job.