• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#241 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="number9" data-cid="2340490" data-time="1358313501"><p>
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Mini-Hossa/Better-Hulder (Brunner)<br />
Young-Filppula (Nyquist) - Filppula - Franzen<br />
Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary<br />
Downey (Tootoo) - Abdelkader - Samuelsson<br />
<br />
looks pretty dope to me</p></blockquote>

What about Emmerton?

#242 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

"Dope" and Emmerton are not compatible in the same sentence.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#243 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

"Dope" and Emmerton are not compatible in the same sentence.

I disagree. It all depends on the context in which you use the word "dope". For example:

"One must be a dope to think that Emmerton is more than a healthy scratch when the Wings have their full compliment of forwards available."

It works in that context right?

#244 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

FIRST LOOK: Wings' new #1 powerplay unit: Brunner-Datsyuk-Franzen up front, Kronwall-Zetterberg on points.pic.twitter.com/QRQiJIiE

Brunner-Datsyuk-Franzen-Zetterberg-Kronwall  PP line

2nd PP Line will probably be Bert-Flip-Samuelsson-White-Smith

bringit.jpg

#245 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

After tonight I think one thing is obvious. We need to split up Z and Dats. We just can't match up with other teams the way we are set up right now. Now that mursak is down I'd add nyquist to the mix for the time being with bert out.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner

Cleary - Helm - Sammy

Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo

I'd even prefer to have eaves out there in place of sammy to be honest but that will never happen.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#246 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dirtydangles" data-cid="2342464" data-time="1358655760"><p>
After tonight I think one thing is obvious. We need to split up Z and Dats. We just can't match up with other teams the way we are set up right now. Now that mursak is down I'd add nyquist to the mix for the time being with bert out.<br />
 <br />
Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen<br />
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner<br />
Cleary - Helm - Sammy<br />
Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo<br />
 <br />
I'd even prefer to have eaves out there in place of sammy to be honest but that will never happen.</p></blockquote>

I agree totally! I feel like we need to surround datsyuk and zetterberg with youth, speed , and skill. I'd go with..

Flip- datsyuk- nyquist
Franzen- z- brunner
Tatar- helm- Sammy
Abs- Anderson- eaves

#247 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dirtydangles" data-cid="2342464" data-time="1358655760"><p>
After tonight I think one thing is obvious. We need to split up Z and Dats. We just can't match up with other teams the way we are set up right now. Now that mursak is down I'd add nyquist to the mix for the time being with bert out.<br />
 <br />
Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen<br />
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner<br />
Cleary - Helm - Sammy<br />
Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo<br />
 <br />
I'd even prefer to have eaves out there in place of sammy to be honest but that will never happen.</p></blockquote>

I agree totally! I feel like we need to surround datsyuk and zetterberg with youth, speed , and skill. I'd go with..

Flip- datsyuk- nyquist
Franzen- z- brunner
Tatar- helm- Sammy
Abs- Anderson- eaves

Too bad babs will never do it. :(

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#248 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dirtydangles" data-cid="2342473" data-time="1358656249"><p>
Too bad babs will never do it. :(</p></blockquote>

Oh It really is too bad. I just feel if our d- core is gonna be as weak as it is, we mine as well bring in some youth and talent so we have the energy and speed to wear down other teams, so that we are more on the offensive and don't need to play so much in our own end.

#249 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

f*** this.

Leave the kids in GR. At least they're winning down there.

In fact, send Smith back down there too.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#250 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

f*** this.

Leave the kids in GR. At least they're winning down there.

In fact, send Smith back down there too.

No surround Gus and Tatar around guys like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Brunner, Filppula, and Helm.  Give them lots of ice and opportunity around these type players and we will become a better team immediately.  We need more team speed, skill, and young enthusiasm.  Please play Nyquist and Tatar Holland, there not even that young and have nothing more to prove in the AHL. 

#251 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

After watching last night, IMO the second line needs more puck control. I would like to see something like this for the forwards when everyone is healthy.

Brunner- Z- Cleary

Dats- Flip- Mule

Sammy- Helm- Bert

Tootoo- Abby- Miller/Eaves

#252 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

After watching last night, IMO the second line needs more puck control. I would like to see something like this for the forwards when everyone is healthy.

Brunner- Z- Cleary

Dats- Flip- Mule

Sammy- Helm- Bert

Tootoo- Abby- Miller/Eaves

Cleary on first line? are you crazy? not only is that just bad in general, did you not see how terrible he was last night?

#253 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Cleary on first line? are you crazy? not only is that just bad in general, did you not see how terrible he was last night?

The top two lines would likely play the same amount of ES time. You can change Cleary with Bert if that pleases you. That line flows with the two skilled players and a corner/net-front man the Wings used with Homer. Further, it gives the third line a scoring threat.

#254 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

After tonight I think one thing is obvious. We need to split up Z and Dats. We just can't match up with other teams the way we are set up right now. Now that mursak is down I'd add nyquist to the mix for the time being with bert out.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner

Cleary - Helm - Sammy

Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo

I'd even prefer to have eaves out there in place of sammy to be honest but that will never happen.

I wouldnt mind, eventually, seeing Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Samuelsson and Franzen - Filppula - Brunner...assuming that Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be kept together for the immediate future.  I think Samuelsson is more the speed of D and Z and that could work well.  A fast second line could be nice as Fil was skating well last night

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#255 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Watching the past 2 games this is what I would do. It's apparent Z and Brunner have chemistry together, they've been finding each other all game and it just looks natural. Almost euro-twin in their prime days. It's probably eating Pasha apart that his lover has a new lover. Okay, enough with the silly stuff. 

Franzen-Hank-Brunner (hank can continue to center the first line, him and brunner work the boards and perimeter while franzen works the crease trying to pull defensemen in close. Both hank and brunner have the capability to shoot from the perimeter, along with pushing within the dirty areas.)

Filp-Pasha-Cleary (throw pasha on the 2nd line, he would eat up majority of 2nd line centers easily, him and filp have unreal chemistry and will act as another duo. Cleary can play the net-front presence and he has great hand-eye. During the open practice on Friday he was going 10/10 on deflections from all angles. so once again, this allows 2 players to play the perimeter while one forces play within the slot)

Bert-Helmer-Tootoo (whoa! what did I do here? energy frickin line. Helmer playing as the outstanding 3rd line center he is, while bert and tootoo cause havok. they can easily move the puck and become a new grind line for us)

Eaves-Abby-Sammy (yes, I just threw sammy on the 4th line but I find him to be more effective here. Abby and Eaves bring a great dimension and Sammy evens it out)

Kronner-Lashoff 

White-Smith

Quincey-???? 

Basically, one rookie with a veteran side. I absolutely hate the Quincey and Smith pairing, they're both prone to mistakes and neither can pick up the slack for one another. I hate putting Smith in this position, and would much rather him play with White. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#256 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Ansar KHAAAAAN!!! is at today's practice, and noticed some jumbling of the lines by Babcock...

Babcock has split up Datsyuk and Zetterberg in practice

Datsyuk with Bertuzzi and Filppula, Zetterberg with Brunner and Franzen

Other lines: Helm with Cleary and Miller; Abdelkader with Tootoo and Eaves. Emmerton looks to be extra forward

On defense it's Kronwall-Lashoff, Quincey-Smith: Huskins-Kindl.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#257 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Ansar KHAAAAAN!!! is at today's practice, and noticed some jumbling of the lines by Babcock...

Well, I definitely like these lines better, I'd still switch Flip and Brunner, but these are better.  I don't like Brunner and Z together because they both like to shoot alot, and I don't like Z and Pav together because they are both reluctant to shoot.  But at least there's a big body on each line.  These will perform better, but as I've said in other threads, I think the real cause for the lack of offense is the fact that the forwards are laying back to cover for the terrible defense.  Fix the d, and the offense can get back to doing it's job.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#258 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

And another change, now on the 3/4 lines...

Change on 3rd and 4th lines; Eaves skating with Helm and Cleary; Miller is with Abdelkader and Tootoo.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#259 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

And another change, now on the 3/4 lines...

Makes sense, Eaves has a little more offensive punch than Miller.

#260 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Emdog needs to work in with the top 6.