• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Schedule?

Rate this topic

I haven't found this online, but a friend at work told me that the regular season will all be within conferences and not one game will be against a team in a different conference.

If so, this means we've got a lot of late games ahead of us... sigh...

That's what they are saying. All conference play, maybe 2 against each team and 3 against division opponents.

It actually works out to 7 games against division teams, and 2 games (1home/1away) against the rest of the conference

It actually works out to 7 games against division teams, and 2 games (1home/1away) against the rest of the conference

The other option is 3 games vs the rest of the conference and then an unbalanced division slate (4 vs two teams and 5 vs the other two teams).

The other option is 3 games vs the rest of the conference and then an unbalanced division slate (4 vs two teams and 5 vs the other two teams).

the problem is how do you decide who you play the extra two games against? It would be unfair for anyone who didn't get that extra game against Columbus, or if our extra games went against St. Louis and Chicago,while Nashville played Columbus and Chicago. The only logical way unfortunately is 7 games against each division team, and figuring out which two games you get the home ice in, and which two you are away.

EDIT: 7 games against each team = 3 home/ 3 away, 4 games left (1 for each team) with 1 game up for dispute of home ice equals 2 home, 2 away

Edited by Euro_Twins

Seven games against the division is a really horrible idea for 82 games, let alone for only 48. Over half of the games against the same teams? That's going to get old quite fast and it favors teams in weaker divisions, which the Central certainly is not. You could be in the Northwest or Southeast and just stockpile points there playing against inferior teams so often.

Can't wait to see Columbus and Nashville 14 times in three months. The only positive for the Red Wings is the travel, but they will still end up going to Western Canada and California once while the East goes nowhere the entire season.

Edited by GoWings1905

Yeah, something like that. I didn't do the math, just echoing speculation I've heard.

They could do 4/3, 16 against division and 30 against conference. Then throw in two out of conference or some other random games. It all depends on how many games they are playing really.

the problem is how do you decide who you play the extra two games against? It would be unfair for anyone who didn't get that extra game against Columbus, or if our extra games went against St. Louis and Chicago,while Nashville played Columbus and Chicago. The only logical way unfortunately is 7 games against each division team, and figuring out which two games you get the home ice in, and which two you are away.

EDIT: 7 games against each team = 3 home/ 3 away, 4 games left (1 for each team) with 1 game up for dispute of home ice equals 2 home, 2 away

Bob McKenzie tweeted that they are doing this format. So we'll get two of the central 4 times and the other two 5 times.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/288747048927375360

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tim.D" data-cid="2338584" data-time="1357678216"><p>

Per Bob McKenzie: Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).</p></blockquote>

Lemme guess. Detroit will get Chicago and St. Louis 5 times each? Ahhhh parity.

This is how I would do it: 1 game vs all the teams in the opposite conference(15). 2 games vs nondivisional conference opponents(20). 3 games vs divisional opponents(12). That gives you 47 games, so you could add one game vs a divisional opponent or maybe play a team like Toronto twice.

When i seen we would only play teams in our conference, I threw up a bit in my mouth. I love seeing the Wings play Toronto, Philly, Boston, NYR, Pittsburgh and Washington. We hardly play them at all as it is, to go through the season without playing them at all would be a shame.

Even their own home games? That's a good trick!

And don't worry, if they switch conferences between Winnipeg and Columbus... That means Detroit will play EVERY game of the entire 2013 regular season out of there time zone... YAY