• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Tomas Holmstrom Retires

Rate this topic

Thought I saw somewhere that Homer & the family were going to stay in the Detroit area once he's retired. I'm hoping he takes over Murph's job between the benches on FSD broadcasts.

That would be amazing. Could you imagine the gems he would come up with on a regular basis? We would all witness the invention of a new hockey language. :P

If it's one person who would throw his body into harms way regardless of the outcome, it would be good ol demolition man. Homer put his body through hell this NHL career, and we can't thank him enough for what he has done for this franchise over the years. I'm happy to see him retire, and give his body some well deserved rest. We'll miss you like no other if we still get 24/7 Wings Leafs.

Homer decided to retire after realizing that, after Nick retired, he has nobody to eat his ritual pre-game meal with. Poor guy.

As usual, all the best to him and his family for his sacrifices to the team. Hope to see him back with the Wings in some capacity.

Homer decided to retire after realizing that, after Nick retired, he has nobody to eat his ritual pre-game meal with. Poor guy. As usual, all the best to him and his family for his sacrifices to the team. Hope to see him back with the Wings in some capacity.

Or to drive with to the Joe.

Thanks for the beating you took for the sake of the team, Tomas. You are a bad@$$.

Guest RedWingsDad
Thought I saw somewhere that Homer & the family were going to stay in the Detroit area once he's retired. I'm hoping he takes over Murph's job between the benches on FSD broadcasts.

I like Murph and his dollar hot dog antics. Can't we have both Murph AND Homer in between the mics?

I will miss this guy... probably the best agitator in the league IMO. He would make goalies and defenders FURIOUS. Sad day...

Edited by RedWingsDad

Guest RedWingsDad

I will always have a sore spot against the league / Bettman for introducing anti-Homer rules to stifle his awesomeness.

Great idea, Homer is hilarious and would be a great addition. Wouldn't be surprised if the Wings offered him a job in GR or Detroit as some kind of special teams coach.

Smply the best screener to play- re-invented that position.

I love me some Homer as much as the next man, but I think Phil Esposito might disagree with your statement ;)

And thus rides into retirement the last active member of the '97, '98, '02 and '08 teams. An era has ended.

Its a spooky, eery feeling. Who knows when we'll see another Stanley Cup?

Oh, heavens..."The Murph and Homer Show". That would be so full of epic awesomeness that the league would have to pass a "pre-game parity" clause to keep other teams from being jealous.

The first time through I read this is as "pre-game PARTY" - very appropriate since it always seems like Murph is drunk.

It's amazing to think of the career he's had given the fact that had he not created his own style of play, he would've been out of the league well over a decade ago. Good on him for creating that style which is now a necessity on all NHL teams.

What a career. Just brilliant hand-eye coordination and played his role in front of the crease better than anyone. I can't believe his body held up well enough as long as it did to continue playing. Truly a warrior and a major piece to the Red Wings having four championships.

Thanks for the memories, Homer. Damn, I hate losing all of these guys that we have lately.