• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Tomas Holmstrom Retires

Rate this topic

Guest RedWingsDad

I was browsing youtube for Holmstrom videos and came across this. Pretty awesome, don't think I’ve seen him thrown some dudes down like that before.

Edit: Come to think, I must have watched this game and just forgot... somehow.

Homer will be missed!

Edited by RedWingsDad

Is it me or was his Swenglish considerably better? Evil, evil Homer.

That was easily the best English I've heard Homer speak. I'd argue that was even better than Z's was at his Captain's presser...

Reminds me of the old Abel to Yzerman classic of how a one-on-one contract discussion between Homer and Zetterberg would go...

Homer: “You signing renewing and using ink for a name with paper?”

Zetterberg: “Jesus, Homer”.

I mentioned this when we thought he retired 2 weeks ago, I'm proud to have Holmstrom on one of my Wings jerseys and wearing it to games, I have an Yzerman and Shanahan too. Despite Yzerman being my all-time favorite player, the Holmstrom jersey is my favorite (figure that one out :blink: ).

Holmstrom symbolizes what America and Canada were founded out, hard work can make you a success.

Edit: I'll miss you man.

Edited by Barrie

Thought I saw somewhere that Homer & the family were going to stay in the Detroit area once he's retired. I'm hoping he takes over Murph's job between the benches on FSD broadcasts.

I was seeing him quite often around town in the fall, so hopefully he does stick around. Right now, he's probably heading up north to use that nice new snowmobile he got last February.

I will really miss #96 on the ice, on TV, and at training camp. It's sad seeing this era of Wings' history come to an end. All the best to Homer!

When Homer arrived I heard he called himself the 'Demolition Man' and I was quite skeptical. You're gonna have to PROVE that I thought to myself. Well here we are all these years later and boy did he ever prove it. Holmstrom's legacy will be that whenever someone plays close to his style or takes abuse out front of the net to score a goal they'll be called a "Holmstrom type player" and that is high praise indeed having your own style. Rest your body Homer, it's too bad the fans couldn't have bought you a nice La-Z-Boy as a going away present.

I think it'd be hilarious if not against fire codes if they put a big bronze Homer statue blocking one of the doors at the Gordie Howe entrance at JLA.

Edited by Jersey Wing