• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HELLDOGSbmx

Zetterberg named Captain, 36th Captain in Red Wings History

Rate this topic

Guest RedWingsDad

He will undoubtedly make a great captain... I just wish he would show more emotion. I'm a sucker for players that wear their heart on their sleeve.

Guest RedWingsDad
Ok...Really dumb question here.....

Why Hank, and not Dats?

Me too.....

I think back to the 90's when Clark, and Gilmour were Leaf captains...Those guys were warriors.

Sorry - got that soft spot for that team in T.O.

I am going to go with the simple fact that Daysuk's English is atrocious, seemingly having never made a solid effort to learn the language of the country he has been playing in for so long. A bit off-topic, and I love Datsyuk in general don't get me wrong, but I am slightly offended at his horrible English. I think if he had even passively tried to pick up English he would be fairly fluent by now, considering how long he has been here. It makes me think he must have made a conscious effort to avoid learning it, to still be so horrible...

That... and he's older and would like to go back to Russia. We will presumably get a few more solid years of captaincy out of Z.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Ok...Really dumb question here.....

Why Hank, and not Dats?

Me too.....

I think back to the 90's when Clark, and Gilmour were Leaf captains...Those guys were warriors.

Sorry - got that soft spot for that team in T.O.

shoot clark and gilmour were awesome. I'm with you. Love Z but I would love for him to show more emotion like redwingsdad said.

I am going to go with the simple fact that Daysuk's English is atrocious, seemingly having never made a solid effort to learn the language of the country he has been playing in for so long. A bit off-topic, and I love Datsyuk in general don't get me wrong, but I am slightly offended at his horrible English. I think if he had even passively tried to pick up English he would be fairly fluent by now, considering how long he has been here. It makes me think he must have made a conscious effort to avoid learning it, to still be so horrible...

That... and he's older and would like to go back to Russian. We will presumably get a few more solid years of captaincy out of Z.

I really do not think he didn't learn the language on purpose. He spends the majority of his time working out and playing/practicing. Cut the guy some slack his english has gotten way better over the years. You make him sound selfish, which everyone knows he is not!

Guest RedWingsDad
I really do not think he didn't learn the language on purpose. He spends the majority of his time working out and playing/practicing. Cut the guy some slack his english has gotten way better over the years. You make him sound selfish, which everyone knows he is not!

Hey like I said, I love the guy, I love his heart and his sense of humour... but I still think what I said is true. It doesn't make him a bad person, but is nevertheless slightly offensive to me. Heck, even Holmstrom can rock out better English, and has been able to for awhile! And that's saying something. :D

I guess they could have made Z and Dats co-captains... and Z could have translated and answered questions for Dats during interviews and press conferences. :P

Hey like I said, I love the guy, I love his heart and his sense of humour... but I still think what I said is true. It doesn't make him a bad person, but is nevertheless slightly offensive to me. Heck, even Holmstrom can rock out better English, and has been able to for awhile! And that's saying something. :D

I guess they could have made Z and Dats co-captains... and Z could have translated and answered questions for Dats during interviews and press conferences. :P

He already does that lmao. Yes Homer did have better broken english, but I am not offended, he came here for one purpose, to make our team better. He has done that ten fold, do I wish he COULD speak more fluently? sure, do I care enough to be offended? Not at all, as long as he keeps dazzling on the ice and carrying our team, he can speak whichever language he wants to.

He already does that lmao. Yes Homer did have better broken english, but I am not offended, he came here for one purpose, to make our team better. He has done that ten fold, do I wish he COULD speak more fluently? sure, do I care enough to be offended? Not at all, as long as he keeps dazzling on the ice and carrying our team, he can speak whichever language he wants to.

I agree with points both you and redwingsdad make but the truth is..don't expect him to wear the C on this team anytime soon if he can't speak any better than what he does. He has to be a leader of this team in all aspects not just his play on ice.

Pasha hardly wanted the "A" so what makes you think he'd be interested in wearing the C?

Zetterberg iwas the obvious choice but he is filling big shoes. Yzerman and the perfect human were everything and more one could ask from a guy wearing the C.

Sent from my BlackBerry

I agree with points both you and redwingsdad make but the truth is..don't expect him to wear the C on this team anytime soon if he can't speak any better than what he does. He has to be a leader of this team in all aspects not just his play on ice.

I never said Datsyuk should wear the "C" (as much as I would love o see it) Zetterberg is the obvious choice. If Datsyuk wanted to be Captain, he WOULD have learned to speak english fluently, everyone knows he does not want to be captain though.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Hockeytown0001" data-cid="2338172" data-time="1357575604"><p>

Datsyuk and Kronwall will remain with the "A"'s.....wonder who gets the third.</p></blockquote>

My vote is for Helm.

Filppula wouldbe my choice, although Helm definitely should be very highly considered, considering he is the heart of the team.