• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HELLDOGSbmx

Zetterberg named Captain, 36th Captain in Red Wings History

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="F.Michael" data-cid="2338471" data-time="1357662742"><p>

Iginla will get the same treatment in Calgary as Modano had in Dallas.<br />

<br />

In some dark basement "Eva" is sewing the "C" on his recently acquired Hudler - Flames jersey.</p></blockquote>

Ha ha ha

Thats funny!

I would rather Helm get an A over Filppulla. Maybe not Cleary, I'm not sure. With a 3 man alternate captain rotation, it makes sense that Datsyuk and Kronwall each wear an A, as forward and defensive leaders, respectively. But I would rather the bottom six have representation than another skill forward. Especially when the player in question (Helm) has the heart and will to be a true leader.

I would rather Helm get an A over Filppulla. Maybe not Cleary, I'm not sure. With a 3 man alternate captain rotation, it makes sense that Datsyuk and Kronwall each wear an A, as forward and defensive leaders, respectively. But I would rather the bottom six have representation than another skill forward. Especially when the player in question (Helm) has the heart and will to be a true leader.

If Cleary get an A over Flip, I think that sends a pretty clear message that Kenny wants to re-sign Dan this summer. It will certainly be interesting to see who gets it, that is if they even continue rotating it.

I agree Helm is one of the hardest workers on the team and puts together brilliant shifts almost every night, a great leader by example. However, I don't think he'd be comfortable taking a leadership role at this point. Drapes was in a similar position and he didn't wear the A until he was an seasoned vet near the end.

While I agree he will be the captain, when I read this article last night I couldn't help but think how Khan knows. He didn't cite a source and the Wings have not officially announced anything, have they?

when i had beers with Z some weeks ago, I asked him. His reply was "there is a good chance"

They had Mike Babcock on channel 95.5 this morning roughly around 9am. He stated that he honestly didn't know who was captain. He said that the coach thinks he picks the captain, the players think they choose the captain, the management thinks they choose the captain, and well quite frankly if they all agree on the same guy well then, that's not a problem. It was weird that he didn't want to say straight up that Zetterberg was the new captain, especially with articles two days ago stating that it would be him. They'll probably announce it a day or two within training camp when the team is together and everyone is back from Europe. Gotta hand over the "C" while everyone is present and accounted for.

Slighty off-topic, but does anyone know when Nick's number retirement ceremony will be? Will they have it sometime this season, or wait until the start of next season in the fall?

Next season.

Should be pretty nice now that they have a lot of time to plan for it.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/73462-nick-lidstroms-jersey-to-be-retired-next-season