• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

From what I've heard, Pavel's English is much better when there are no reporters around. ;)

#22 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

From what I've heard, Pavel's English is much better when there are no reporters around. ;)

I've heard the same thing. I think Pavel prefers to be the sneaky "Understands more than he lets on" type of guy when it comes to the media.

#23 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Datsyuk and Kronwall will remain with the "A"'s.....wonder who gets the third.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#24 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

He already does that lmao. Yes Homer did have better broken english, but I am not offended, he came here for one purpose, to make our team better. He has done that ten fold, do I wish he COULD speak more fluently? sure, do I care enough to be offended? Not at all, as long as he keeps dazzling on the ice and carrying our team, he can speak whichever language he wants to.

I agree with points both you and redwingsdad make but the truth is..don't expect him to wear the C on this team anytime soon if he can't speak any better than what he does. He has to be a leader of this team in all aspects not just his play on ice.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#25 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Pasha hardly wanted the "A" so what makes you think he'd be interested in wearing the C?

Zetterberg iwas the obvious choice but he is filling big shoes. Yzerman and the perfect human were everything and more one could ask from a guy wearing the C.

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#26 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Hockeytown0001" data-cid="2338172" data-time="1357575604"><p>
Datsyuk and Kronwall will remain with the "A"'s.....wonder who gets the third.</p></blockquote>
My vote is for Helm.

#27 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

I agree with points both you and redwingsdad make but the truth is..don't expect him to wear the C on this team anytime soon if he can't speak any better than what he does. He has to be a leader of this team in all aspects not just his play on ice.

I never said Datsyuk should wear the "C" (as much as I would love o see it) Zetterberg is the obvious choice. If Datsyuk wanted to be Captain, he WOULD have learned to speak english fluently, everyone knows he does not want to be captain though.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Hockeytown0001" data-cid="2338172" data-time="1357575604"><p>
Datsyuk and Kronwall will remain with the "A"'s.....wonder who gets the third.</p></blockquote>
My vote is for Helm.

Filppula wouldbe my choice, although Helm definitely should be very highly considered, considering he is the heart of the team.

#28 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

I also heard that Pasha puts on a show during interviews. He also seems like over the years, especially when he was a rookie, that he has gotten more comfortable within the eyes of the media. He can joke around and act like himself, his interviews are amazing and comical. I just think it took him sometime to get used to cameras in his face, and having being asked questions in a new language, which is expected. I personally think Zetterberg will be more of a outspoken captain unlike Nick. From what i've heard from the players, Nick didn't really raise his voice unless he really had to. I think Stevie and Zett will have a similar leading role in which he'll motivate the players in different ways. If they are going to continue with the 3 A's, it would be filp as Lidstrom said. Zett "C" - Pasha, Kronner, Filp "A"

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#29 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Datsyuk and Kronwall will remain with the "A"'s.....wonder who gets the third.

To show a long term committment & desire to resign him in the offseason, I think the rotating third A ends up on Flip. Wouldn't be surprised to see it on Cleary either though.

#30 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Dats should have a P for pimp.

#31 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

To show a long term committment & desire to resign him in the offseason, I think the rotating third A ends up on Flip. Wouldn't be surprised to see it on Cleary either though.

Was just about to say the same thing. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#32 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Can't say I'm surprised. It was practically written in stone once he got that huge (read: lifetime) contract. Though if it had been given to Pavs instead, I'd have been equally as happy. Those two are the best we've got.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#33 MississippiWing

MississippiWing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

In other equally shocking news; The sky is blue, the owners are greedy, and Bettman still sucks.

#34 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Dats should have a P for pimp.

WIN! HAHAHAHA

#35 AFwinger

AFwinger

Let's Go Redwings!!!

• Gold Booster
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Congrats Z
GO Wings, GO Blue!

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Congrats Z! I'd like to see Helm get the A next. The letters shouldn't go to just skill players. Also, I see helmer as the kind of guy that would raise his play with that kind of responsibility.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#37 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Congrats Henrik!  I look forward to generation Z!   I just don't know whether or not to put the "C" on my old banged up and somewhat stained jersey or go ahead and order a new one with a "C" on it...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Congrats Henrik!  I look forward to generation Z!   I just don't know whether or not to put the "C" on my old banged up and somewhat stained jersey or go ahead and order a new one with a "C" on it...

order a new one, changing the old one is like changing lidstroms A-C, it's not right. He was not captain when you slopped pizza and beer on yourself while screaming at ericsson or hudler for losing a puck while Lidstrom was captain. You should definitely order a new one that you can get new stains on while he is captain!

#39 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

...and the debate begins....

Who is next?

Congrats Z, time to take ahold of this team....I expect 100 points next full season.

(funny, I don't remember changing my avatar...weird)

Edited by LeftWinger, 07 January 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#40 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

order a new one, changing the old one is like changing lidstroms A-C, it's not right. He was not captain when you slopped pizza and beer on yourself while screaming at ericsson or hudler for losing a puck while Lidstrom was captain. You should definitely order a new one that you can get new stains on while he is captain!

So apparently you have been watching me!  There is also some wing sauce, forever to be embedded chip shrapnel as well as some blood, sweat & tears.  Alas a new era begin's. 

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.