• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HELLDOGSbmx

Zetterberg named Captain, 36th Captain in Red Wings History

Rate this topic

I also heard that Pasha puts on a show during interviews. He also seems like over the years, especially when he was a rookie, that he has gotten more comfortable within the eyes of the media. He can joke around and act like himself, his interviews are amazing and comical. I just think it took him sometime to get used to cameras in his face, and having being asked questions in a new language, which is expected. I personally think Zetterberg will be more of a outspoken captain unlike Nick. From what i've heard from the players, Nick didn't really raise his voice unless he really had to. I think Stevie and Zett will have a similar leading role in which he'll motivate the players in different ways. If they are going to continue with the 3 A's, it would be filp as Lidstrom said. Zett "C" - Pasha, Kronner, Filp "A"

Datsyuk and Kronwall will remain with the "A"'s.....wonder who gets the third.

To show a long term committment & desire to resign him in the offseason, I think the rotating third A ends up on Flip. Wouldn't be surprised to see it on Cleary either though.

Congrats Henrik! I look forward to generation Z! I just don't know whether or not to put the "C" on my old banged up and somewhat stained jersey or go ahead and order a new one with a "C" on it...

order a new one, changing the old one is like changing lidstroms A-C, it's not right. He was not captain when you slopped pizza and beer on yourself while screaming at ericsson or hudler for losing a puck while Lidstrom was captain. You should definitely order a new one that you can get new stains on while he is captain!

order a new one, changing the old one is like changing lidstroms A-C, it's not right. He was not captain when you slopped pizza and beer on yourself while screaming at ericsson or hudler for losing a puck while Lidstrom was captain. You should definitely order a new one that you can get new stains on while he is captain!

So apparently you have been watching me! There is also some wing sauce, forever to be embedded chip shrapnel as well as some blood, sweat & tears. Alas a new era begin's.

Congrats to Z! Certainly well deserved and a worthy successor to Nick. Tough shoes to fill following Stevie and Nick, but Z has earned it with his work ethic and taking on a leadership role through the years.

I like either Cleary or Filppula getting the third "A" if they continue to rotate.

Guest irishock
...and the debate begins....

Who is next?

Congrats Z, time to take ahold of this team....I expect 100 points next full season.

(funny, I don't remember changing my avatar...weird)

Smith if he develops into absolute full potential

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dirtydangles" data-cid="2338258" data-time="1357590951"><p>

Congrats Z! I'd like to see Helm get the A next. The letters shouldn't go to just skill players. Also, I see helmer as the kind of guy that would raise his play with that kind of responsibility.</p></blockquote>

Problem is he doesnt play enough. Helm has stone hands. If he had some hands, he'd be our captain.

Problem is he doesnt play enough. Helm has stone hands. If he had some hands, he'd be our captain.

First, Helmer doesn't have stone hands, quite frankly he's far from stone hands. Does he have mitts made of silk? No. That doesn't qualify and make a captain though. The boys work ethic is unreal, he isn't scared of throwing his body around, he's easily one the best pk'ers on this team, he works the corners with the best of them, and each year he brings more improvement to the table.